[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline windjammerTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's II Classic
« on: October 28, 2009, 12:01:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

I've been to treasure hunting for almost a year now due to curiousity if the Yamashita's Treasure really is a fact or is just a story from our old great grandparents.

I'm an amateur TH here in the Philippines and wanted to ask advise from all of you guys who have alot of experience in this adventure. Do's and Dont's and maybe even idea on how to read markers/signs/pointers etc.

tnx and hope to hear from u soon......

windjammer

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg56154.html#msg56154

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

FRN.jpg

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:44:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by windjammer
Hi,

I've been to treasure hunting for almost a year now due to curiousity if the Yamashita's Treasure really is a fact or is just a story from our old great grandparents.

I'm an amateur TH here in the Philippines and wanted to ask advise from all of you guys who have alot of experience in this adventure. Do's and Dont's and maybe even idea on how to read markers/signs/pointers etc.

tnx and hope to hear from u soon......

windjammer

The rational answer is no...it is not true. Then again...nobody wants rational answers.

The image of fraudulent bonds you posted are not part of the Yamashita's legend, but a more current scam. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg56171.html#msg56171

Offline cap miwa
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Japan

830.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:29:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yamashita's treasure as they commonly call, is real. I just don't know why some people lie about it instead of helping others in this forum learn how to go about it. What is not real sometimes are the experiences or knowledge of some people that they are sharing here. Better be careful whom you listen to if you are a newbie.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg56726.html#msg56726

Offline goldfish
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 01:27:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with cap miwa...i have been reading messages and many members here seem to be hesitant in helping out others...though i really appreciate the few who are really helping out others...Up to now, the propaganda to keep hidden the treasure is still here..and i think greed is in the hearts of some who don't want others to recover treasure, thus posting discouragements and lies...as for the "Yamashita treasure", it is TRUE...though i am also in the process of learning, i am new in this field...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61262.html#msg61262

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 05:50:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cap miwa
Yamashita's treasure as they commonly call, is real. I just don't know why some people lie about it instead of helping others in this forum learn how to go about it. What is not real sometimes are the experiences or knowledge of some people that they are sharing here. Better be careful whom you listen to if you are a newbie.

Some people lie? If you are referring too the members soliciting fraudulent bonds....er, such as yourself....you have a valid point.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61270.html#msg61270

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:31:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Rational observer

I think you are wasting your time trying show reason to those who want to believe in a myth. Being a poor country with little or no light at the end of the tunnel for the everyday person there is little to dream about. And it is a dream of all working poor that some where out there is a chance to make it big.

Especially with some thing that has become a national obsession.

There is an old saying You and lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

The irony of it all the Philippines have many treasures of the past but perhaps it is time they need to look beyond the Yamashita treasure legends.

Hardluck.  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61275.html#msg61275

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 07:12:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello Rational observer

I think you are wasting your time trying show reason to those who want to believe in a myth. Being a poor country with little or no light at the end of the tunnel for the everyday person there is little to dream about. And it is a dream of all working poor that some where out there is a chance to make it big.

Especially with some thing that has become a national obsession.

There is an old saying You and lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

The irony of it all the Philippines have many treasures of the past but perhaps it is time they need to look beyond the Yamashita treasure legends.

Hardluck.  Wink

Great post! 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61280.html#msg61280

Offline ootpik
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XTera 705
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:36:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello to all the treasure hunters..  I'm new here, but here is my 2 cents worth. 
There was a lot of gold stolen by the Japanese during WW2 and was to be shipped to Japan, but it was diverted because of the U.S. Pacific fleet surrounding Japan.  So where did all tha gold and gems go??   Dumped into the ocean?   Hmmm, sort of doubt that.. to hard to recover, and it seems it has never been discoved or recovered.  A lot of old Filipinos remember unloading ships at the southern port of Zamboanga and laoding it (Huh??) onto trucks that just headed into the back country.  There is still lots of that down there where people never go for fear of the rebels.  Have the rebels found all the treasure.   Sort of doubt it, they are to lazy to work, unlike the rest of the population that work hard at scraping out a living from the land.  Work down there is impossible to find unless you know someone and can bribe your way into a decent job.  Most people live a subsistance living growing their own food and have no time to look for treasure, or the resouces to do so.   There are lots of rocks that have Japanese characters on them!   Why?  Only time will really tell.   Now, before you jump all over me, have you ever been there??   I have.  My wife and I have land there outside Siay, barangay of Coloran.  I'll be retiring there in a few years and give you an update on how much treasure I find, but, don't hold your breath.   You may be waiting a long time.. Buyt that is not to say it isn't there...Somewhere.... Doug in Kakakakold Manitoba

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61292.html#msg61292

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 07:21:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello ootpik

Just to set the record straight

In regards to have being there " I was there during the Endessa Uprising to overthrow Marcos. I have a little souvenir lodged in my neck to remind me of it. it was the price I had to pay to know what really was going on behind the smoke and mirrors.

I know the Luzon, Cebu, Palawan and Mindano regions fairly well. My late wife life was from an island off Cebu in which some of her family still live. I have been back several times and know many expats from many countries who have retired there. life for me has taken me elsewhere and my two children now parents of their own live in other countries other than the Philippines. They would not even look twice about living back in the Philippines, to them they see their futures elsewhere.

Some expats that I know have retired there have done well and others have not. So I suggest before you retire there please carefully weight the pros and cons living there in that wonderful part of the world. Because once you commit yourself there is no coming back.

Now if you want to believe in Yamashita treasure story that is your prerogative. I have never said looting never occurred as with any country under occupation but an large scale organized looting of other Asian countries to bring treasure to the Philippines is the height of improbability. The only large scale looting was from President Marcos of Philippine treasury and Roxas find of a Gold Buddha which was from Manilas Chinese community, undercover of that silly story about Yamashita burying treasure.

It is time people get over this national obsession and look for the real treasures in the Philippines. Spanish Colonial treasures dating from The 1898 Spanish American war, The 1899-1902 Philippine American war, The expulsion of the Jesuits and treasure hoards buried from the British. Dutch and 19th century invasions. Whole towns that were destroyed by the Mayon volcano etc..

That is where the real treasure lies in the people, the land and its colonial history itself.

And not dreaming about chasing the lies of the Marco's corrupt regime.

Hardluck  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61336.html#msg61336

Offline bitoyskyness
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dowsing rod,german stick,garrett
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 08:40:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

guys if i were you do a little research in the philippines first before you say such things...wanna know why? because i have a real yamashita treasure in my hands,we got it and made us rich..people deny what they cant achieve..people let other people see what they dont wanna see coz owning a gold here in the philippines is a risky business and people especially politicians will kill you for it...still my advice go to the philippines and talk to treasure hunters who already got one,some of them are already in the states...

people believing that hardwork will save them is a LIE, owning bars of gold with diamonds is NOT!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61341.html#msg61341

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: