[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2011, 10:31:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks gambol1,

Points well taken & respected mate!
Good review of your results living & detecting with it on the beaches.

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:Posted by gambol1
This topic just won't go away. I suspect that is because some people have had good experience with the 250. Others have not. I have both a Ace 150 and 250. they perform about the same in fresh and salt water. I also have a Fisher F75 which just goes nuts around salt water.  I live in Florida and have given the 250 a pretty thorough test on the gulf coast beaches. If you want to know how well the 250 performs, bury a penny in saturated sand and try to find it. If it is buried more than 2 inches you won't. Which is not to say you can't find stuff with it. I dropped my keys in a foot of water where the waves were crashing. They went out of sight with the first wave. Luckily the ACE found them. I've also found coins but no jewelry in salt water. I scrub the bottom with the coil, something you can't do on wet sand, and that seems to work out the best. I've never used a salt water machine so I have nothing to compare it to but comparing the ACE's performance in salt water to it's performance on dry land I would say this. A penny at 4 inches on land=a penny at 2 inches in salty saturated sand , gambol

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg197107.html#msg197107

Best Regards,
Jim

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11    Go Up
Jump to: