[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign GT C Scope 550 Minelab Quattro Compadre
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2011, 10:53:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

You were wrong.

Help someone, can one please moderate an ignorant moderator.

What do you need to admit you are just telling malarkey? Charles Garrett himself telling you?

Plus i DID test it along with a Vk 40 and my own Compadre.

I do not dunk the ACE 250. I always told it is an excellent coinshooter; no way a self adjusting GB machine on wet salt sands as you told, , and never was it designed for these conditions.

I am surprised you became a moderator here. Try to moderate yourself first ! Should be a good thing for this forum !

HH nevertheless.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141140.html#msg141140

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2011, 02:19:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Beachcomber
You were wrong.

What do you need to admit you are just telling malarkey? Charles Garrett himself telling you?

Plus i DID test it along with a Vk 40 and my own Compadre.

I do not dunk the ACE 250. I always told it is an excellent coinshooter; no way a self adjusting GB machine on wet salt sands as you told, , and never was it designed for these conditions.

I am surprised you became a moderator here. Try to moderate yourself first ! Should be a good thing for this forum !

HH nevertheless.

Your not going to prove anything that way. The technique I posted here works. Just ask some of the guys who came back here and told you that. You don't have to believe me. Your opinion is really quite irrelevant so go ahead and have the last word.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141234.html#msg141234

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well siree I have been detecting beaches for a long, long time.

I never saw a detector which, as claimed by its manufacturer, and confirmed to this forum by the factory, has a PRESET FIXED GROUND BALANCE STEEING to suit most treasure hunting situations, hunt efficiently and with no falsing on wet sand beaches.

AUTOMATIC ground balance means that you do not need to make any adjustments at all, NOT that the detector auto-adapts to ground conditions.

Turning the detetor OFF and then again ON will NEVER adjust the GB. Foolish, stupid, and absolutely impossible.

BTW, Garrett makes some fine units that are suited to work on wet salty beaches, the ACES were NOT designed for that. Of course, one can try its luck, but redicing the sens AND discriminating a bit more are no suitable options.

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141517.html#msg141517

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2011, 02:48:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Turning the detetor OFF and then again ON will NEVER adjust the GB. Foolish, stupid, and absolutely impossible.

I'm quite certain you believe that. In fact, I have no doubt you believe that.

The Ace 250 ground balance is not adjustable. I never said it was. But, I do know how it works and how to make it work on wet sand. I pass that information on to those who wish to try it. What's the harm in that? Those who have tried it have had success. Why does that trouble you so? Why does it trouble you that a moderator would disagree with you? Is it written somewhere that moderators must agree with you? I missed that memorandum when it was issued.

By the way, welcome back to the forums. Glad to see you starting to post again even if it is only a single minded determination to see that my simple suggestion, which works, becomes your focus. At least you are active again. You have a mere 4 posts in recent times and all of them are to disagree with me. Perhaps you'd prefer dueling pistols at 20 paces?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141523.html#msg141523

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:54:00 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2011, 12:00:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You were wrong.

No but I can and will moderate you want to see. He is right been proven your wrong move on.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141612.html#msg141612

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2011, 12:23:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have usually no troubles with moderators at all. I just disagree with a method that is proven by test ineffective and has no relying on serious electronics background. This could induce users in bad disappointment.

I am still waiting for technical proof. never saw a clue of it. Give me one and I'll move on.

So, the described method is empirical...there's nothing wrong to try it - i did -, even believing it works, but  it's precious time wasted with a mono frequency entry level unit that was not designed for that, the ACE 250 is far more efficient on the dry part of the beaches.

Wet salty sands hunting is such a specialized part of the hobby, that it there was the slightiest that this should work, It would be known worldwide. And, believe me, it is NOT.

But do not worry...I'll quit, this discussion is so unrealistic that I will unsubscribe to it and go back hunting.So it is with pleasure that I leave you the last -wrong - word, if that is so important to you.

HH

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141782.html#msg141782

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2011, 05:21:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

5 posts, 5 times going for a moderator. I actually hoped you might have something to contribute to these forums but clearly I was wrong.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141800.html#msg141800

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2011, 11:50:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just a few more words, I noticed that some postings on this thread disappeared.

Just the ones telling about an email received from garrett electronics about what you call on start Gbing.

Curious, very curious..

Just re-read the thread, not only will you " discover" that posts disappear, but you will find people telling the poor results they got on wet sands with their aces.

And indeed, I stayed away from the forum. Guess why...

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141876.html#msg141876

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:56:52 am by Beachcomber »
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
72%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2011, 12:10:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just the ones telling about an email received from garrett electronics about what you call on start Gbing.

Curious, very curious..

Just re-read the thread, not only will you " discover" that posts disappear, but you will find people telling the poor results they got on wet sands with their aces.

And indeed, I stayed away from the forum. Guess why...

HH

I find absolutely NO evidence of posts missing from this thread.  Perhaps you are referring to a post on one of the other threads that covered the same topic.

And for every post I read in the thread from people getting poor results in wet sand, I read at least 1 post from a user saying they got good results (frequently with tips or "tricks" they used).  In situations like that, especially when others can follow the recommend tip and reproduce the results, I'm going to chalk the difference up to "possibly" environmental differences, but more likely problems with the User, not the machine.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141879.html#msg141879

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2011, 12:28:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

We have been hearing that since July 1 2009 Yet you still show up ever few months to stir up controversy.The Ace 250 is a good sand machine not the best but a good one. Several hunters on the island are finding gold and silver everyday with theirs in the wet sand and water so I see the problem not with the 250 but with your unwillingness to learn how to use it. We see this daily where folks want to blame their detector for their short comings. Sorry dude but I think this is all you.

There has been no post deleted from this thread, you really need to stop blaming the mod's for all your problems. We have a no delete policy so unless you re posting  spam its all good.

I am sorry that you are proven wrong but learn to live with in and move on.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4268.msg141886.html#msg141886

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Jump to: