[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2009, 02:11:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ah more of the troll with a new username trying to badmouth the Nokta without rhyme or reason. Notice how often new accounts are created specifically for that purpose? It's getting old. ANYWAYS....

As promised earlier, here's a pic of the Nokta with the spare copy of the manual open at the ground balancing page. Yes indeed it has ground balancing. Smiley To the right is my TF900. I'm off to prep for a hunt!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56022.html#msg56022

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSCN4494.jpg

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2009, 02:25:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes it has ground balancing if you can balance on mineralised soils;). But as i know Radars dont have any ground balancing. How come Nokta New generation Radar(NRG) has?  Lips Sealed

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56024.html#msg56024

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2009, 04:42:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

All soil has a resistance to radio waves at specific frequencies. If that unit has ground balancing, it may be to allow the optimum frequency to be set for the soil conditions and be unrelated to the ground balance as we think of it in metal detectors.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56036.html#msg56036

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2009, 03:18:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Had you real intent to find out if the Golden King had ground balance, information is easily obtainable from Nokta or Kellyco (they have a downloadable manual on the Nokta page of their website, and ground balancing methods are detailed in it), or you could have asked any one of the Nokta users in this forum, myself included. But for reasons best known to yourself,  you chose not to. Once again, your opinion is hardly an informed one.

I'm not even going to try to convince you or anyone to use the machine. But I do believe that my participation in forums such as this one encompasses sharing decent info, not just asking for info. The following is for the benefit of readers who wish to know the truth:

The Golden King is indeed way overpriced as I've stated in past postings in this thread. However it is at the same time no where near over-rated as Goldigger stated. Quite to the contrary, it's under-rated and has been often unjustly maligned by people who may or may not have used it before. This is something one can only comprehend after properly working the machine in the field.

The user named Vourvon has done much towards showing how this machine works. His reports and photos in .pdf format speaks volumes. Just search this forum for "Vourvon" and you will be able to come across the .pdf files for download.

I'm not as hard-working as Vourvon. He buried metals deep and scanned them. I'll be charging up the Nokta tomorrow for a hunt and will take and post photos of the ground-balancing screen for the benefit of those who may have been misled.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, however, so far that I have seen the major opinion is that Nokta and Kellyco information is suspect and self-serving. While I can not say that, I have to go with what I have been seeing, on many sites, including Turkish and Russian sites. What I have seen says *it looks good but is it for real?* So far, I have not seen indisputable data, only unsubstantiated claims.

There are so many doubts cast on this machine that I really do not even want to comment on it, because of the contention involved.

Personally, I do not care how good it MIGHT be, I can not afford one, even at half the price. A Huge price does not make it a good machine. Money may talk but it does not necessarily tell the truth.  Detecting

If you like the Nokta, take a look at the Puls, sold in Germany.... it is interesting, but more money talk.  Wise

I  could care less, really, if the Nokta HAS ground balance, I am not getting paid to review metal detectors or I would be covering all, with minute detail (and go a little crazy???), especially if I were paid by the word.  Funny

Why are you guys working so hard to prove Nokta?  Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56248.html#msg56248

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:20:53 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2009, 04:21:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, however, so far that I have seen the major opinion is that Nokta and Kellyco information is suspect and self-serving. While I can not say that, I have to go with what I have been seeing, on many sites, including Turkish and Russian sites. What I have seen says *it looks good but is it for real?* So far, I have not seen indisputable data, only unsubstantiated claims.

There are so many doubts cast on this machine that I really do not even want to comment on it, because of the contention involved.

Personally, I do not care how good it MIGHT be, I can not afford one, even at half the price. A Huge price does not make it a good machine. Money may talk but it does not necessarily tell the truth.  Detecting

If you like the Nokta, take a look at the Puls, sold in Germany.... it is interesting, but more money talk.  Wise

I  could care less, really, if the Nokta HAS ground balance, I am not getting paid to review metal detectors or I would be covering all, with minute detail (and go a little crazy???), especially if I were paid by the word.  Funny

goldigger

I suspect more than anything else that they are trying to buy wisely rather than prove the Nokta. Know what I mean?

The most aspersions have been cast by the "single post wonders" who try to make it seem like a crowd disapproves of the machine by registering many times with throw away e-mail addresses. Again, know what I mean?

As to the expense, you must realize how much those low frequency radar circuits cost and how huge the electronic support system is. That probably makes the bulk of the price tag.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56259.html#msg56259

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2009, 05:05:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I suspect more than anything else that they are trying to buy wisely rather than prove the Nokta. Know what I mean?

The most aspersions have been cast by the "single post wonders" who try to make it seem like a crowd disapproves of the machine by registering many times with throw away e-mail addresses. Again, know what I mean?

As to the expense, you must realize how much those low frequency radar circuits cost and how huge the electronic support system is. That probably makes the bulk of the price tag.

Could be.

OK, now I want to hear from them. THEM!  Grin

How it looks to me, is as if they are using a 20 pound cannon for a rifle job, or its a rifle disguised as a 20 lb cannon, it is just not realistic, to me, somehow, and I can not quite put my finger on it, because only about 10% might be pushing it for recompense. I could be wrong of course.

I tried  the Nokta site link, a while back but it was not accessable!

I had a PM on the Arc-Geo Mini, today, and I did not even know it existed, as it was not on the site (less than a week ago) when I investigated Arc-Geo for the FIRST time! It seems this system is progressing rapidly. AND - there is more, no BS info, available, than about the Nokta.

I had to take a quick look before I answered the PM, and need more study of it.  Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56270.html#msg56270

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2009, 05:51:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I certainly wouldn't use a Nokta for a coin hunt but might consider one if I had located the general area of a buried cannon or chest of treasure. Know what I mean?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56276.html#msg56276

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2009, 06:19:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Well, I certainly wouldn't use a Nokta for a coin hunt but might consider one if I had located the general area of a buried cannon or chest of treasure. Know what I mean?

Or a lost goldmine just chock-a-bloc with huuuuuuuge nuggets!  Shocked

It would have to be something that would pay off BIG in short order.

Hey, I like jade boulders, but a Nokta would not find one! I have a 20 lb one and I do not see ANY metal on it, anywhere! I detected it by eye-ball! Now IF it would detect something like that, as a void, I could be interested, but how would it tell a jade void from a sandstone void? Or a quartz void?? Or a feldspathic void? IF the boulder was visible, you could use the same method of analysis as the Mars Rover. Maybe.

Eye-ball is more dependable! At least in day light  Grin

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56279.html#msg56279

goldigger

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2009, 11:11:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger

goldigger

Herman Goering advocated the concept of truth by repetition. So do those responsible for the many posts all around the net which disparage the Nokta without reason. It's having the intended effect of creating negatively erroneous 2nd hand opinions; such is their agenda. It's obvious that they have an axe to grind with Nokta; don't fall victim to it.

As for my reasons for defending the machine, I've stated them in prior postings in this thread. Loth as I am of repetition, the most important reason is: should my postings convince even one potential buyer to test out the machine instead of being made unduly wary due to unsubstantiated slander, I shall be content. Maybe most of you are fortunate enough to enjoy this hobby in an area where you need not fear digging up old munitions. People in my neck of the woods have been maimed or died from encountering such devices. The Nokta gives us a chance to substantially reduce such risks at a lower price than an OKM.

I am not as technically inclined as GoldDigger1950 and will not even attempt to comprehend the electronics of this machine. All I can say is: I have the machine, I use it extensively in the field, it really works well and I love it!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56315.html#msg56315

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2009, 02:28:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
I am not as technically inclined as GoldDigger1950 and will not even attempt to comprehend the electronics of this machine. All I can say is: I have the machine, I use it extensively in the field, it really works well and I love it!

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. First hand experience outweighs any amount of theory or conjecture. If you have one and like the use of it, that's what matters. You may want to consider renting it to a few folks in this very thread. Naturally, they need your expertise so you will have to go with it. Do you see merit in that?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56333.html#msg56333

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Jump to: