[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2009, 04:10:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

hobbyist;

In regards to the video, which you have supplied: I watched it, though all the bird chatter and other noise, then nearly at the end, I suddenly got the famous blue screen, with the warning my computer had to shut down and dump all the memory!

Your video has a virus.

I can only say, if it works as they are demonstrating, it is interesting. If I COULD understand Turkish, there would be too much noise to know what he is saying, anyway. I get the gist of it.

It is still far too expensive, as I said before: I can buy a cheap, new car for that price. And I feel, more than ever, it is a clone of the Puls, which is just as expensive.

I work for no one, I am retired, I could buy one, if I wanted, but I will not be doing so, and nothing to do with Ronin.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42060.html#msg42060

goldigger

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2009, 04:44:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian, (yes this time I am not confusing the 2 similarly-named people...my apologies again about the earlier mistake). I'm sorry your computer encountered those problems. For the sake of clarity, let me state a few things in point form:

1) The video is not mine. It is hosted by Google videos. My Avast antivirus did not warn me of any virii. However if you have indeed found a virus, kindly inform Google Video with all possible haste and please post your antivirus' scan results in here. If it really is a virus, I will edit my post to remove the hyperlink to the video.
2) I have raptly watched it from beginning to end without problems (XP Home Edition, SP3, Firefox latest version, on-board video), even though I do not understand Turkish as well. Herr Hauptmann in this forum and Geosearcher in geotech1.com have kindly provided information on the test-bed depths and targets etc. I once again thank them for their kindness.
3) I respect the right of every consumer to choose what they wish to buy, and agree with you that the machine is way overpriced. If you don't buy it, it's perfectly alright with me; I'm not selling any! There is no need to distance yourself from Ronin who obviously has a hidden agenda and his "opinion" of the machine which he does not own, is contrary to my own field experience with the Nokta. You merely choose not to buy an overpriced machine; nothing wrong with that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42064.html#msg42064

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2009, 05:11:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian (you wouldn't happen to be running Windows Millennium eh? I'm kidding!) , I have downloaded the video (37.5Mb .flv file) and subject it to Avast's Thorough scan with all shields on "High Sensitivity". It is clean. No antivirus is perfect, so if anyone else has problems with that video similar to Brian's, please let me know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42067.html#msg42067

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2009, 05:15:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

hobbyist;

I dont believe I can scan anything without downloading and I really dont want to download it. I too have XP home edition on an Acer Aspire One, with FireFox 3.5.n This happened, to me, once before, with a video, and it caused pure H--l.

I have NEVER had any success in trying to talk to Google anything. You get a help window that just sends you around in circles.... its like they do NOT want to hear it.

If there is not some kind of viral action there, why did I get the rabid reaction, from XP? And dumping of memory?

You should have a look at the PULS, it is similar enough to be made in the same place, along with the price. Google Puls.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42070.html#msg42070

goldigger

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2009, 05:27:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian,

I too have gotten the blue screen of death along with a memory dump from things as innocuous as Creative's drivers for the Sound Blaster Live 5.1. The blue screen+memory dump does not necessarily indicate the presence of a virus. More often than not, it is some device conflict. If you're not too angry at Google for giving you the runaround, please google "XP BSOD memory dump" and you'll see a myriad of possible causes. I hope that helps.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42071.html#msg42071

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2009, 05:30:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Video is fine no virus ,,,And you say it happened before,, I believe you might need to get your pc looked at ,,Also Hobbist ,,Homefire posted this link on page 1

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42075.html#msg42075

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:34:00 am by outback »
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2009, 05:35:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

hobbyist;

OK, granted it is a sound card conflict, how do I get rid of the RealTek sound system and get something that works? Or.... drivers that will run the sound system that will oust RealTek??

I know there is an issue with RealTek, which did not start until a week after I had this lap top. Befoore it went down, it sounded like a high speed automatic. (gun)

You must be sitting on your keyboard!

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42076.html#msg42076

goldigger

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2009, 05:40:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Update your driver's from the realtek site 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42078.html#msg42078

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2009, 05:48:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian,

I am multitasking right now on the PC. Before you consider getting rid of your Realtek sound (you may do so by purchasing a USB-based sound card for laptops. Creative makes a pretty good one), I'd recommend you have at least 1 Gb of RAM because it'll be shared by XP, your video and sound. Try uninstalling the Realtek sound drivers and getting the latest ones from Acer. If your lappy still doesn't work right after installing the drivers, then get yourself a nice USB sound card. There will be a way to disable the Realtek onboard sound via the BIOS. Please refer to your Acer's manual on how to do this.

I've googled the PULS and it looks interesting. I'll download the catalog and as I type this,  I see the price: almost 8000 Euros! Ouch.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42081.html#msg42081

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2009, 05:50:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

outback;

What are you saying, about the link; there are several links; the video is on page 5.

Who am I going to get to look at my pc? Not these idiots in this town, Im not rich enough. For what they charge, I can get a new one, it only cost about $400.

I got it from Walmart, and a warranty means nothing to them, they just say, send it to the manufacturer.

Electronically, its fine, its the rotten software, no tech can fix that, even me.

I have 2 RealTek files in the temp section that deo not belong there, cannot be moved and cannot be dumped.

The answer is get RealTek to fix it.... if they are not in Japan and part of ACER.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg42082.html#msg42082

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Jump to: