[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
72%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 01:42:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I originally got the F4 to evaluate it for my Dad.   I expected it to be a good entry level machine, but I didn't expect to develop a real joy in using it.   The more I use it, the more I like it----especially with the 4" coil.   4" coil to 4" coil, I'll take the F4 over the other machines I use any day of the week.   When it comes to standard or larger coils, though, it is more of a coin toss between the F4 and the "more serious" machines, and I pick the F4 for convenience and weight.  I figure if I spend enough time hunting with this machine, it will sing to me (like it does with the small coil) no matter which coil I have on it.

BA

(by the way---Dad wound up with one of the other machines....a little older, a little heavier, but still a very good machine especially for where and what he expected to hunt)    Still haven't had an opportunity to spend the kind of time I want to on Tesoros,  but my next gold machine will probably be a Tesoro Lobo.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144061.html#msg144061

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 01:47:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
Hey Karl, I found several 4 inch coils in the $35.00 dollar range. Amazon, Ebay, or I got mine used from a another member of a forum.

I do believe all Bounty Hunter coils fit most machines. Be sure to check for compatability. This is normally a $69.00 dollar coil new. Might want to pick up a scuff cover too. The 4 inch coil doesnt like to be beat against a rock like the 8 inch coil.

Homefire, the Garret S3 has the Threashold adjustment too, that explains a lot. Have you adjusted the POT on it also?

Cool well i will Definetly chk into it. Thanks for the info.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144062.html#msg144062

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 01:50:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom they are about a trueist bunch of words, see folks this is what dealers ( some i might add , not all don't say )
the reason i started this thread was peoples good views of machines is the only honest way to find out what is and is'nt true

thanks SELDOM Cool  john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144063.html#msg144063

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 01:58:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Casca - u can purchase the 4" coils brand new from the BH website for $39.95 , i sent them a email
to find out which one i need as soon as they answer me i will order it along with the cover.

Thanks Again ! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144064.html#msg144064

Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 02:36:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OH Lordy i've started something now Grin
No one ever really talks of these machine and they are good I've got a pile of mags with all or most of the early machine,(not those type of mags KARL )
and apart from being lighter and a tweek here and there i don't think thing have moved that far, because the rules of physicis or how ever you spell that word .anyway they take over and what was the basic design is still there

john

Posted on: February 09, 2011, 02:24:54 PM
NOW I've got on to Whites , I've found i want to spend my time detecting not trying to find the best program.
My MXT would be the only machine I'd use if i was going to an area that i'd never been to and i find that i can trust it as it always
brings home the bacon so to speak,It's made in the USA , now thats gotta have something in it as in quality, pride and logic
price included, bottom line IT WORKS .

john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144072.html#msg144072

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 02:43:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
No one ever really talks of these machine and they are good I've got a pile of mags with all or most of the early machine,(not those type of mags KARL )
john

U better not cause if the little Lady finds them your in big trouble Mister !!  Violent

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144073.html#msg144073

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Karl, Just let me know if you like that coil as much as I do. I think user reviews are the best way to spend my miney when I must spend it.

After review (on paper) of the Fisher F4, I found it a pretty dangerous tool, I wouldnt want to put my Bounty Hunter against it. its priced right, and has just the right mix of things to make it a all around general purpose machine.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144088.html#msg144088

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 03:36:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Casca I am happy with my BH , don't plan on upgrading unless it breaks,  Grin heck i have fallen on top of it and beat the living snot out of that thing for the last 10yrs or so its even fallen out of the gator a few dozen times and it still works, and being disabled i have to have a lightweight machine and that one is pretty light, so i am happy with it, besides i do this for the exercise and just to get out of the house any thing i find is just a bonus  Smiley and I am pretty sure i have paid for that machine a few times over by now  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144091.html#msg144091

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 03:41:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Karl, the old silver coins and jewlry have eluded me, but I dont have a lot of time with the new coil either. You have any special setting for jewlry, or just dig it all? Do you discriminate even a little? Any old silver coin or jewlry? Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144094.html#msg144094

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 03:56:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
Karl, the old silver coins and jewlry have eluded me, but I dont have a lot of time with the new coil either. You have any special setting for jewlry, or just dig it all? Do you discriminate even a little? Any old silver coin or jewlry? Thanks

Think I told this story at least once before but anyways about a year after i got the bh i went out with a friend i had mine set to discrim out all the junk etc, and i had just gone over an area and he came in right behind me and found this really nice engagement ring, thats when i learned to dig it all and dont discriminate, just like the old timers here tell u also. I learned the hard way, and since then my coin count and good finds have tripled, yeah u dig a lot of junk , but u also find the good stuff. just be prepared to carry a lot of trash out and go over the area several times before moving on.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144103.html#msg144103

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: