[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2011, 11:42:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok Okle, tweak is to get more out of em or use for something they weren't designed for with good results.

I don't open em up or change the pot or put in new a new mod, the el cheapo's are not really made for that.

Any machine can be made to run a little hotter.

So far adjusting the original design has not proved effective with little noticeable gains, so BH did their homework.

I have found little things like a loose coil wire or shaft to hurt the machine, so a piece of black electrical tape is a few spots has cleaned up the falsies and signal.

The normal settings produce good results, but in certain soils I can run with no discrimination at all, by not keeping the head of the coil so low to the ground. The BH gets a overload signal real easy running that way. It also helps to pinpoint the target and get the size of the target. I obviously am not hunting coins in that mode. It makes the machine very sensitive and you need to be away from all trashy areas.

Keeping the machine clean, and checking the coil connection, just standard stuff every one does. I also will put objects on the ground to be hunted and play with different settings, not that there are many, till I get two I like. I switch back and forth over a target to know what it is before I dig. The bh lacks a true target and depth id. You need ideal situations to get it to work.

I have two other cheapo's. One is a Harbor Freight 6 function with a analog indicator. Its great as it tells me if Im hitting mineral or metal. It has a very small head, and I pull it out when I'm pin pointing a target and getting multiple readings. It can be made very small and almost fit into a Walmart bag. Its great for just surface scanning a parking lot of open area for just loose change and jewelry. My wife will use it sometimes and we switch if we are detecting a area for the first time. It is super light, and really sensitive on the smallest of items. The battery's last forever.

My other cheapo is a Famous Trails. Some company out of California makes em. The coil connector was bad and I picked it up for a few bucks. It has manual ground balance and two tr control settings. My other coils are supposed to be compatible, but I want this for a meteorite coil I'm going to buy or build. The Ground Balance setup on this is a dance. It is also has adjustments that can be made inside the machine.

As for running power through em, maybe at the coil, then step the return signal down a bit. I also have several old CB radios with to experiment on with frequencies. But that is two different technology's that may not be compatible. It a lot safer than messing with ground penetrating radar or microwaves. I think the coil could be tweaked a little with a better power source, but not sure it would give worth while results.

Now if your still reading. Just find the wiggles, and tape em. Also try all your machine settings backwards and forward and try to trip it up. You will be surprised what you gain when you loose somethings.

PS, my FT detector is a two coil and I need to understand a little more on the send and receive.

Sorry for the picture crop, I just switched laptops so I could run some gps in the field. I find every aspect of the hobby interesting. Used to work with simple programs back in the day when everything was epromed onto a chip. Cant wait to look at the code on the detectors, if it inst encrypted, don't want to get into that.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144658.html#msg144658

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

elcheapos.jpg

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline strict5
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Ukraine

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GT
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2011, 11:53:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
GT,
using the standard coil, just remember to go real slow when you are working bad sites

john
Hi, John. The Sovereign I buyed a month ago for the now season. Also with it I had the coil 15" WOT.
Good luck for all Smiley!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144659.html#msg144659

Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2011, 12:06:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

STRICT5 dig deep man , dig deep and get RICH, IF you have trouble getting it to work or any questions then just call me
i'LL be glad to help

john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144662.html#msg144662

Offline strict5
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Ukraine

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GT
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
STRICT5 dig deep man , dig deep and get RICH, IF you have trouble getting it to work or any questions then just call me
i'LL be glad to help

john
Ok, John, if I 'll have a very hard problems turh to you for any help. Aftter  a very sensetivy sound from Explorer SE, I like this Sover to future.
Thank you for your words...Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144668.html#msg144668

Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well i'm always here so just leave a message

john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144670.html#msg144670

Offline Bob T.
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold bug 2 , garrett 2500, 1500, 500, seahunter Mk 2, fisher 1280, garrett gold stinger,
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2011, 04:37:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just purchased a 14 inch head for my gold bug 2 - old edition - I was concerned because of the new gold bug model that they may discontinue the old completely - anyway got it from Kellyco - no problem - and it has more depth - probably not much good in rocky creeks but sure will give more depth in a desert setting or for that matter looking for gold chains on the beach - good hunting - Bob T.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144744.html#msg144744

Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2011, 04:47:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bob T is that the 70khz machine or the 19khz one because in december/january there was a shortage of certain gold machines
due to supply and demand

john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144745.html#msg144745

Offline Bob T.
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold bug 2 , garrett 2500, 1500, 500, seahunter Mk 2, fisher 1280, garrett gold stinger,
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2011, 05:16:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

70 - the other is the new one the old one gets smaller nuggets - Bob T

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144746.html#msg144746

Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bob T , In the last 4/5 months starting with Minelab GPXs, Fisher gold bugs and now the GMTs are all on the most wanted list
because of the rise in gold prices everyone is buying them up quicker than they can make them, but i don't think/hope they don't stop making that machine, hope not anyway

john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144747.html#msg144747

Offline Bob T.
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2011, 05:46:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Me Too John - as it is in my  opinion a better machine - Did anyone hear about Garrett getting their components for their machines from China Huh?Huh??   Bob T.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21293.msg144751.html#msg144751

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: