[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2009, 09:33:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Eugene52
Hello GD . I am just a little concerned because they seem to be having some slight problems building the Tesoro Bandido circuit , which should go much smoother . That is why I asked to see the Photo of the strip board they are using . It would be nice for them to be outside using the Bandido before Winter arrives !!
I just want everything to go very smooth for all the project builders on this Forum .
HH...... Great.....Eugene

Ah, I understand. From the comments and questions I've seen so far, there's not going to be a standard component on the board. Everything will have been substituted.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg46784.html#msg46784

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Mike In2mudTopic starter
Bronze Member

My Motto:- Simplest is Best.
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari     Garrett Ace 250,       Garrett Pro Pointer       "The Homer" (Home Built Model)
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2009, 05:45:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there, I?ll Answer Eugene first, the details of the Stripboard layout are attached to the very first post (Post1) on this subject, there have been two updates since one on Post 40 and one on Post 112.
I have now built my ?Stripboard circuit? and apart from a problem with the Discriminate the detector works fine and detects deeper than my ?Garrett Ace 250?.
By the way Eugene I have decided that as I can tell the difference between iron and other metals, because iron spits as you go over it, I am no longer going to try to get the discriminate to work better.

Hi GoldDigger, the guys who want to build the ?Stripboard circuit? do so because they want to build a circuit from scratch and don?t necessary have the opportunity to make their own PCB?s, its not easy if you haven?t done it before. Different components are bound to be used, if different suppliers are used. You don?t have to read about it if you are getting bored, I am just trying to help those who are trying to build the circuit.

All the best Mike.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg46904.html#msg46904

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2009, 06:41:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mike In2mud
Hi there, I?ll Answer Eugene first, the details of the Stripboard layout are attached to the very first post (Post1) on this subject, there have been two updates since one on Post 40 and one on Post 112.
I have now built my ?Stripboard circuit? and apart from a problem with the Discriminate the detector works fine and detects deeper than my ?Garrett Ace 250?.
By the way Eugene I have decided that as I can tell the difference between iron and other metals, because iron spits as you go over it, I am no longer going to try to get the discriminate to work better.

Hi GoldDigger, the guys who want to build the ?Stripboard circuit? do so because they want to build a circuit from scratch and don?t necessary have the opportunity to make their own PCB?s, its not easy if you haven?t done it before. Different components are bound to be used, if different suppliers are used. You don?t have to read about it if you are getting bored, I am just trying to help those who are trying to build the circuit.

All the best Mike.

Whoa, Mike. Never said I was bored, mate. I was trying to understand Eugene52's question is all.

Believe me, nobody knows better about perf-board or strip board projects than this guy. My workbench is littered with them. I am amused by all the problems folks here seem to have over locating this part or that part. As I said in an earlier post, there are some who are building these things with none of the original parts in them. Know what I mean?

The fact that there seem to be so many questions about the board layout is also amusing. This is an audio circuit after all. Nothing should be that critical regarding layout. Convenience is the biggest issue. Knobs placement, connector placement and battery hookup should be the biggest things to worry about. As I already said, such is life.

Onward!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg46913.html#msg46913

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:45:15 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2009, 07:05:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Strip board and RF dont mix.

No reason this circuit cant work.

You just need to keep the Amplifiers in check.

Do the Power Bi Passes, Keep the runs short .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg46917.html#msg46917

Offline davidbat40
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

laser hawkeye
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2009, 01:16:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

can i anwswer these questions please
1,this project was done because have not got the opportunity to make my own pcbs,or coils
2,for a beginner components r a complete mystry to me but this forum does help thank you for that
3, yes i am having trouble big time
4,you all have to rember you lot have been doing this for years and it is not that easy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg46983.html#msg46983

Offline Mike In2mudTopic starter
Bronze Member

My Motto:- Simplest is Best.
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari     Garrett Ace 250,       Garrett Pro Pointer       "The Homer" (Home Built Model)
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2009, 05:04:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by davidbat40
can i anwswer these questions please
1,this project was done because have not got the opportunity to make my own pcbs,or coils
2,for a beginner components r a complete mystry to me but this forum does help thank you for that
3, yes i am having trouble big time
4,you all have to rember you lot have been doing this for years and it is not that easy

Well said David,
I know how hard it is just to build the circuit if you're not used to it,
It's even harder to get the circuit working when it has never worked before, because you don't know if its your mistake or a component fault and at each stage you don't know what signals to expect.

David is your address in the UK, if so perhaps you could send me just your board in a 'Jiffy Bag' and I can check it out. Let me know and I can send you my address by personal message.

In the meantime check the board for shorts, uncut tracks and components around the right way. You've got this far don't give up now.

Best regards Mike.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg47004.html#msg47004

Offline davidbat40
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

laser hawkeye
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2009, 12:49:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello all iam back
redid the board dont think i have any shorts this time getting 4.5v on + tracks
 no sound though still dont think i ve got coil wires right (71/2 in tesoro widescan coil)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg50431.html#msg50431

Offline Delamuerte
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

France

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2009, 05:49:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Mike and David, wanted to take news of David's project, working?
mine needs few more components to be soldered and needs to be tested, but I'm a bit lost since the time I didn't work on it...sad
See you soon mates

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg63399.html#msg63399

Offline der_fisherman
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Germany

200.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2009, 02:53:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Stripboard magic can be found as a download, the company went bust 10 years or so ago..... It has a few bugs but works quite well.
There is another in Germany called "Lochmaster" (which translates to Holemaster). Very likeable. Not expensive.....

Look here for some further examples:-

Please Register or Login

http://www.printedcircuitsboards.com/software/88/veroboard-stripboard-software.html

regards
Der Fisherman

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg63507.html#msg63507

Offline davidbat40
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

laser hawkeye
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2009, 08:51:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi Delamuerte
mike's got my board never did get it right he'll have a look at it after christmas for me
hope i have not made a complete balls up of it
 merry xmas all

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3620.msg63715.html#msg63715

Print
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Jump to: