[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2010, 07:39:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

You yourself had said that an expert has the final say on this, so who would anyone believe if this were man-made or not? YOU A RANDOM NOBODY IN A FORUM who just happens to be a mod? or an expert Geologist?

OK one more time they are not man made.
You will not show disrespect to members are mod's here you have been warned next you will be muted

This was your question
have these markers on a big living rock on my site. i'd like to ask for opinions if my site has a good chance of being positive.

Since you did not get the answer you wanted you invented a geologist to back you up but that still makes them natural marks.
Sorry we did not all fall to our knees and say what a great treasure hunter you are but they are not man made and there is no treasure there.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg128246.html#msg128246

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:00:14 am by seldom »

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline radeonxtTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Afghanistan

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 08:25:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Invented a geologist my az.
i think somebody here has reading comprehension problems, as you yourself already quoted my post.
Kindly READ AGAIN AND SLOWLY PLEASE "i'd like to ask for opinions if my site has a good chance of being positive." can you see anywhere on that statement if i was asking if the markers were man-made or not. Hence, there was no need for me to state the geologist beforehand because WE(my family) has established it to be man-made.
If anyone's doing any disrespecting, it was you who first did it by singling out one sentence in my entire post "my parent's being engineers" then you proceeded to reply "no. they're natural rock formations." You didn't say my engineer parents are stupid but it was clear you were implying that they are by quoting only that sentence, as that would mean that my engineer parents can't tell man-made from natural. If i were the one doing that to you, singling out that statement then reply with no. they're natural rock formations. i know you'd feel insulted too.

The only time i felt the need to introduce the geologist was because me and my family's intelligence was insulted. Just because you look down on pinoys, doesn't mean we all are stupid enough not to think. We have our bases covered by asking an expert accredited geologist.
Now unless anyone here is a geologist, his expertise trumps anybody else's here.

additional info:
the heart marker, was about 3 or 4 inches deep.
the sides inside the heart and the bottom surface is very smooth.

So again,
Kindly READ AGAIN AND SLOWLY PLEASE "i'd like to ask for opinions if my site has a good chance of being positive." can you see anywhere on that statement if i was asking if the markers were man-made or not.

If any of you want to be respected, respect others. Just because you are mods doesn't mean we have to respect you even though you have been ridiculing,bullying,disrespecting me and my countrymen in our forum. A mod status doesn't mean we automatically have to respect you, that's because if you don't show respect towards others then don't expect to get the same from them.

Point 1. Now unless anyone here is a geologist, his expertise trumps anybody else's here.

Point 2. additional info:
the heart marker, was about 3 or 4 inches deep.
the sides inside the heart and the bottom surface is very smooth.

Point 3. I'd like to ask for opinions if my site has a good chance of being positive. - Nowhere in this statement will you see that i was asking if the markers were man-made or not. If that were not clear enough, then you can all go on talking about it and continue to show your lack of reading comprehension. And to be more clear, i really was directing this topic towards the PINOY th'ers WHO ARE STILL UNABLE to enter the pinoy-exclusive forum.

Point 4. Since you all are threatening to "MUTE" me because you found disrespect on my part when it was you guys who started disrespecting me and my family, i have already forwarded my concerns to Christian.
{alt} 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg128255.html#msg128255
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 09:05:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

When something is posted for discussion the whole subject will be debated not just the part you want.

From your third post you have tried to discredit members by cutting and pasting things they said on other threads. These post have nothing to do with this thread you are just using a smoke screen.

Your uncle/geologist lied to you, the photos you posted are of a natural rock more then one expert here has said so. which means you do not have a site just a rock.

If you want to be one of them that thinks that every rock a Japaneses  pissed on in 1945 is a sign so be it, but people here are only trying to help you save your time and money.

i have already forwarded my concerns to Christian.

After reading this statement I have come to the conclusion that you are not a treasure hunter but a 12 year old kid on mama's laptop who can't take the truth. Sorry the fire got to hot for you,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg128262.html#msg128262

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by radeonxt
Kindly READ AGAIN AND SLOWLY PLEASE "i'd like to ask for opinions if my site has a good chance of being positive." can you see anywhere on that statement if i was asking if the markers were man-made or not.

Any site in the world can be positive. But for what? If you are asking yet again if your rock with holes in it is a sign of treasure, the answer is not going to be positive or negative. That's just plain silly. In fact, your question has now changed and so does my answer.

The formation of that rock and the holes you see in it are not man made. They are natural from root growth and bacteria. Your geologist is giving you bad advice and I suspect his claims to such a title are manufactured rather than bestowed by a university degree.

Your constant allusion to being mistreated here are poppycock and nothing else. You have been treated with the utmost in respect in spite of your arrogant and condescending comments. Moderators are not just randomly selected here on this forum. Our credentials are clearly defined by what and how we post. To a person, every moderator here is helpful to the other members or we would have that status removed by the board owner or our peers. Your questions have been taken seriously and answered as honestly as possible. What I see in your replies is the fact that you don't like the answers you are getting. You want only answers that agree with you and if that's what you want, you are better served to move on to another forum or start your own forum.

To return once more to your questions and this discussion, you would be well served to look up decomposing rocks in Google to see how the very "marks" you see can be made naturally. Then look up rock carving to see how rocks are carved and what that looks like. Also look up rock erosion to see what the edges of a clearly carved rock look after 60 years. Assuming you are looking for WWII treasure, that's the age you will be using. Look at 100 year old headstones carved in granite and notice how sharp and clear the letters and images are. Your holes all have rounded, pitted edges which are done by centuries of wind and water erosion. They are not man made within the last 1000 years. Even if they WERE man made, they would most likely be 10,000 years old or more based on the level of erosion in your pictures.

Now please stop trying to find the one person on this forum who agrees with you. It's not going to happen because what you have found is natural, not man made.

Here's an idea for you. Gather all of your family together - all the believers and experts - and go digging holes all over the place. That should keep you busy for a day or so.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg128298.html#msg128298

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline angel_09
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 07:42:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That rock is a natural formation...however, those holes you suspected as treasure markers are debatable; wether it is man made or not.
Each individual has his own interpretation...your's is manmade. Other's are natural.

If you feel it is man made, find a reference to justify those holes as man made.
Thse who negated it, need not to elaborate it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg128359.html#msg128359

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 08:08:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just a rational observation here.....'radeonxt' has been told on other internet message boards the rocks in question are natural and "no clear indication of man-made signs".

I concur with the assessment these rocks are natural, and are not man-made. I also concur that 'radeonxt' is trolling various internet message boards in hopes of finding one person to agree with them.

R.O.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg128367.html#msg128367

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 09:26:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rational Observer
I also concur that 'radeonxt' is trolling various internet message boards in hopes of finding one person to agree with them.

Sorry to hear that but makes sense often when people became obsessed with something the more they will try to convinces others. When no one will agree with them they become argumentative and feel persecuted. Our friend will not listen to common sense so is going to waste his time and money. Sometime in the future he will realize there is no treasure but will blame it on the ghost are something that moved the treasure because Huh?Huh?Huh??? who knows   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg128380.html#msg128380

Offline radeonxtTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Afghanistan

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 06:29:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

of course the rocks are natural, the marks aren't.  Cheesy
trolling various internet boards? i'm only on two boards, i'm only after the pm's of those pinoys who have the experience,not self-proclaimed experts who happen to only be coin hunters.  Cheesy

mga pre, gpr results are up.may tunnel nga. hinihintay na lang ang backhoe.
obsessed ba naman daw.  Cheesy
talk via pm na lang.

Quote:Posted by angel_09
That rock is a natural formation...however, those holes you suspected as treasure markers are debatable; wether it is man made or not.
Each individual has his own interpretation...your's is manmade. Other's are natural.

If you feel it is man made, find a reference to justify those holes as man made.
Thse who negated it, need not to elaborate it.

The heart and foot are 3 to 4 inches deep, the sides and bottom are smooth.
If that's not reference enough, then i don't what is.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg129597.html#msg129597

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 08:02:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by radeonxt
The heart and foot are 3 to 4 inches deep, the sides and bottom are smooth.
If that's not reference enough, then i don't what is.

What you seem unable to understand is that nature can also make them smooth. Much smoother than machinery can do. Wind and water carry sand in them and a driving rain driving particulates into a hole can make it very smooth. Wind that blows sand and dust around also contribute.

The holes you see are NOT man made. They are natural. If you believe they are man made, so be it. Thousands may not agree with you, but you just keep on believing. Instead of whining about it here, get a shovel and get busy. If you know so much about it, stop trying to "educate" us and go dig the treasure up before someone comes along and reads this post and digs it up before you can get there.

And one other thing needs to be said here. You have already been warned officially but I will add my warning to you as well. Do not, under any circumstances, come here asking for advice and then argue with those giving it. I have better things to do than try to smack some sense into you but here I am, yet again, being as kind as I can with an obsessed person.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg129607.html#msg129607

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 08:25:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Radeonxt,

I'm not a geologist, but am learning all I can online and offline about this field.
Can you share with us the factors which allowed your geologist uncle to arrive at the conclusion that the marks are man-made? If you don't have time to elaborate fully, just state the technical terms your uncle used and I'll google them. Thanks!

I downloaded your photos to scrutinize, but there is debris at the bottom of the heart-shaped hole. Would it be possible for you to give it a splash of water and a scrub and take another photo?

Right now I'm mulling over this faint possibility: someone saw an eroded hole in a rock which was somewhat heart-shaped, and decided to enhance it with some tools. Are there any chisel marks under that debris?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19392.msg129611.html#msg129611

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Jump to: