[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2010, 05:04:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thorsbolt, this has been very therapeutic for you, I'm sure.

If you read my posts here, you'll find out that I have been a lonely beacon of disagreement about the veracity of his claims. On the other hand, his free e-book on treasure hunting isn't half bad.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg133948.html#msg133948

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Thorsbolt
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2010, 08:19:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well gd, I very much want to be proven wrong and would welcome any information that would make the process work as claimed. I have been through every post in this thread and any other source I could find to no avail. The only exceptions are David V's input, both masked and direct. There is the member "Benton" who supports DV's claims and goes wildly further without giving any technical details, though he does offer to accept your camera if you send it to him.
I am a scientist, though not one that supports the status quo at any cost. I am interested in furthering knowledge and distilling information, but all I've gotten from this is a beaker full of crap.
Do you have any real experience in proving this works and if so, what are we missing?
I will scan through again to find your posts. I am very willing to admit my wrong headedness and would happily fling gold coins at any that I've offended if I could get the technique to work.
Again, though, actions speaking louder than words, why has DV not taken up csharps' very generous offer?
Here's a question for us: Why in the history of IR photography and Cokin filters, have not scores of photographers picked up auras from the millions of pounds of iron, aluminum and whatever other metals  present and buried in practically any human occupied scene photographed? Hmmm...
DV's book has an example of a farmers' field with a pipe at the far end of it blazing away brilliantly from 250 yards away. What about the tools and harrows and wagon parts and whatever else has fallen off into that field in the thousand or so years that field has been worked? Hmmm..
I think if this technique were valid, it would have been discovered long before ole snaggletooth stumbled across others working on it, snaked their results and embellished it with some Photoshop, wishful thinking and fairy dust.
I could be wrong though, and hope I am. We could all use such a tool.

Posted on: December 28, 2010, 08:02:20 AM
Ooops- sorry GoldDigger- thought you were pro scam- but now having scanned through the threads find that you are all logical and sciency- my bad.
The principal could make sense though- there is some evidence for the FERF's of buried metals, (Free Electron Radiation Fields), that could potentially have harmonics in the infrared range.
I want to believe - really! But much trial, experience(s) and my BS detector is fighting my wishful thinking.

Barton- If you are not David affecting an American swagger and accent, please give some technical details other than sycophantic cheering on of DV's "great work" and directing people to buy his book.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg133969.html#msg133969

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2010, 09:15:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Thorsbolt
This Moron, David thinks that he can overcome truth with enough marketing persistence.
Just so he can make $20.
Wow.
What an incredible, insatiable, asshole....
I hope that answers your question!

Well put, sums it up for us non scientific types.

Is the cup half empty or half full?

I think the real goal was attention here. It worked.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg133975.html#msg133975

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2010, 11:10:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ooops- sorry GoldDigger- thought you were pro scam- but now having scanned through the threads find that you are all logical and sciency- my bad.
The principal could make sense though- there is some evidence for the FERF's of buried metals, (Free Electron Radiation Fields), that could potentially have harmonics in the infrared range.

Well, I'm glad I suggested you read my posts. I do not support this concept or the alleged principles behind it. Before something can give of an aura, it has to have energy stored within it either intrinsically or by transfer of the energy. Lodestone (magnetite) is an example of intrinsic energy and the theory behind metal detectors is an example of the transfer of energy.

One point of argument that always throws them is when they begin talking about the resonance of metals. When you hit the resonance of metals, they say, the metals give off an aura. First, they never explain how you can hit this so called resonance with a passive device like a camera. Then, even if you could hit resonance, the emission result would be zero, not a field or an aura. Resonance means that any energy put into an object at a certain frequency would be absorbed completely by the object. In the case of metals, there is no resonant frequency that is not defined by shape. For an individual atom, should it ever actually attain resonance with an induced energy, it would disappear in a burst of energy - in theory. In reality, they just wiggle more and never synchronize with the energy being infused.

The whole thing is a scam using buzz words that sound scientific but are meaningless. And the poor people who spend their last $20 on it are going it believing that they are buying their economic salvation when they have just given away a day's worth of bread and cheese.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg133992.html#msg133992

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2010, 04:24:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Everybody!
David Villanuevas' got a new website!

Yeah..... seen his avatar?.... expensive house and car.... obviously suckered a good few then.
I feel deeply ashamed that someone like this shares the same home country as me.
What can be done is:
Over here we have a t.v. program called "watchdog".
Basically, a prime time consumer program that reveals scams and rip offs and really gets their teeth into them.
Hmmm....... I reckon an email to the good ol' BBC is in order.
Let's get this scum sunk for good....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg134255.html#msg134255

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2010, 05:23:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

David Villanuevas' got a new website!
It's a "forum" where he again pretends not to be himself and speaks about himself in the 3rd person in true crazy bag fashion!
Come check it out and don't forget to buy his book!
Don't forget to spend thousands of dollars in equipment and other expenses so you can put $20 in his pocket!
Hurry Hurry!
Run Run!

Please Register or Login

http://treasurehunters.yuku.com/reply/299/t/Re-Are-Treasure-Auras-for-Real-.html

Check it out- it's awesome!
(Don't post anything that might say the technique doesn't work though, because it won't be posted).

Actually...that message board (not a forum) is a creation of Dell Winders. Dell has to have his place on the internet to whine.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg134257.html#msg134257

Offline DavidTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

148.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Laser, Minelab
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2011, 03:14:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here's a question for us: Why in the history of IR photography and Cokin filters, have not scores of photographers picked up auras from the millions of pounds of iron, aluminum and whatever other metals  present and buried in practically any human occupied scene photographed?

Interesting question Thorsbolt, the short answer is that they probably have and just don't know it.  Quite recently I was sent a couple of 'ordinary' photos showing auras, one was over a copper mine; the other over a buried Iron Age settlement.  I imagine that in most cases photographers would just dismiss auras as sunspots or bad film.  Dirty rollers is usually the explanation for Polaroid auras.  In the case of infrared photography, the optimum conditions for photographing auras are quite different to traditional false color photography even though both use infrared.  So have a good look at any landscape photos you have or may come across you just might spot a treasure aura that has been missed by the photographer.     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg136236.html#msg136236

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2011, 03:23:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by David
Interesting question Thorsbolt, the short answer is that they probably have and just don't know it.  Quite recently I was sent a couple of 'ordinary' photos showing auras, one was over a copper mine; the other over a buried Iron Age settlement.  I imagine that in most cases photographers would just dismiss auras as sunspots or bad film.  Dirty rollers is usually the explanation for Polaroid auras.  In the case of infrared photography, the optimum conditions for photographing auras are quite different to traditional false color photography even though both use infrared.  So have a good look at any landscape photos you have or may come across you just might spot a treasure aura that has been missed by the photographer.     

Or, it's a dirty camera, bad film, bad light, too high a temperature for the film, too much side lighting, a lens aberration, static electricity inside the camera, a lens whose coating is gone. Just like the science tells you. But definitely not an aura. There is no such thing. Most certainly not from gold, an inert noble metal. Any physicist can tell you that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg136237.html#msg136237

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2011, 06:57:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Or, it's a dirty camera, bad film, bad light, too high a temperature for the film, too much side lighting, a lens aberration, static electricity inside the camera, a lens whose coating is gone. Just like the science tells you. But definitely not an aura. There is no such thing. Most certainly not from gold, an inert noble metal. Any physicist can tell you that.

Of course it is not an aura. It is simply David being David....selling his crap on the internet 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg136250.html#msg136250

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2011, 07:44:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

helloooo....those camera that can see aura was on the philippines as scam together with the egg shape crystal that can see aura of burried gold in late 70's. they intruduced this to yamashita treas believers for sure hit.(not the gold but their pockets). until now even the yamashita underwear was not found.

ram,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg137783.html#msg137783

Print
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: