[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Okletsee
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Beer can = a-l-u-m-i-n-u-m.  Bingo.  Digital camera aura aluminum-seeking device.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg140177.html#msg140177

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2011, 10:48:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by art3811
A friend of mine sent this to me a few years ago..He said the only thing that was in the hole was a beer can. It was taken at night and was back lit with halogen  headlights..Art

Quote:Posted by Okletsee
Beer can = a-l-u-m-i-n-u-m.  Bingo.  Digital camera aura aluminum-seeking device.

Thats just what u need there !!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg140197.html#msg140197

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline gimp55
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

a few years ago i took pictures of some treasure down southeast texas at port aurther by sabine pass, took the film to wally world  (wallmart) went back to retreive the film,was told that wallmart was a FAMILY store my film was disposed of...so now i have no proof of the treasure i saw!!!!!...but i"LL never forget the redhead....dang.....gimp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg140199.html#msg140199

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2011, 11:12:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ahh Dang Gimp - Can u at least send a PM describing her for me !!
Thanks In Advance !!   Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg140200.html#msg140200

Offline gimp55
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2011, 11:41:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

karl: i had a second roll...bartells was more than happy to develope them for me.!.!.but there right..they sure grow "em big in texas.i haven"t figured how to put pictures from my digital to my computer,let alone negatives???..gimp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg140205.html#msg140205

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2011, 12:03:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by gimp55
karl: i had a second roll...bartells was more than happy to develope them for me.!.!.but there right..they sure grow "em big in texas.i haven"t figured how to put pictures from my digital to my computer,let alone negatives???..gimp

Surely u have a 12yo kid in the neighborhood that can teach u puter skills for loading pics etc.  Grin

Karl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg140214.html#msg140214

Offline DavidTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

148.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Laser, Minelab
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2011, 11:21:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nikan1389
hello
reading of 25 pages is awesome! after one hour of studing this yopic i really get confused.Can any body summerize for me :
1- is this method effective?
2- how can we use digital camera?
3- is there any experience?

Hello,

1. The method is effective particularly if used for precious metal caches or large deposits.   
2. Basically you need to fit an infrared filter in front of the camera lens.  Since digital cameras are much more susceptible to infrared than film cameras, digital camera makers have gone to great pains to stop infrared reaching the sensor so some cameras may not work.  Here is how you can check out your camera.
The basic requirements for testing are:
A buried sample of either one ounce (30 grams) of relatively pure gold or two ounces (60 grams) of relatively pure silver.  By relatively pure we mean around 90% precious metal so 22 carat gold or sterling silver (92.5%) will be ideal but if using 9 carat gold then you will need around 2.5 ounces (75 grams). Bury your sample in open ground or a planter for at least 24 hours.
Infrared filtering medium in the range 720nm to 1000nm.  Digital cameras are extremely sensitive to infrared radiation and have to be fitted with an internal infrared blocking filter to prevent most infrared reaching the sensor.  There is much variation in the amount of external infrared filtering necessary to photograph auras.  Too little external infrared filtering produces false color infrared photographs and too much filtering results in pitch black images.  Auras are photographed between false color and pitch black.  The most reliable but more expensive option for testing is to buy either a 720nm infrared filter, or a range of filters, from a camera equipment supplier or Ebay.  A minimal cost approach would be to use the black leading ends from exposed processed color film, which has infrared filtering characteristics (one sheet is approx 720nm; two sheets approx 850nm and three sheets approx 1000nm).  These are the film pieces that were exposed to light (unless the film was loaded in a dark room, in which case the leading end pieces will be clear) when the film was run out over the sprockets during loading into the film camera.  As most popular film is 35mm and some lenses are larger, you may have to mount the film in a slide or between thin card in which a suitable central aperture has first been cut.
Fix your filter material in front of the lens (try snug fit and leaving an air/light gap) then photograph your sample on a warm day, preferably above 13 deg. C / 55 deg. F with the Sun behind you.  Adjust the level of filtering until you achieve a dark image that you will need to process with enhance, fix or gamma increase using photo editing software.
3.  In the 1990s the US Government financed the building of an infrared camera for locating buried metals and the camera did locate a vein of natural gold and at least one cache.  Louis J Matacia was successful in locating gold and silver using a Polaroid camera and I personally have recovered gold coins worth several thousand dollars as a result of aura photography.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg142341.html#msg142341

Offline ghostrider
Scientist, Metal Detectorist, Ghost Hunter and Radio Announcer
Pull Tab

What do you mean I've gotta dig?
Scientist, Metal Detectorist, Ghost Hunter and Radio Announcer
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

110.00 Gold
View Inventory
ghostriderinv
Awards

Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Musketeer Colt, Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2011, 11:53:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have a specially modified IR/UV camera that is tuned just to see those frequencies and which specifically ignores visible light. I may give it a shot with this tool since it is not just a camera, but also does IR/UV video. Will see what I get with it ;>)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg142356.html#msg142356

Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2011, 02:49:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by David
3.  In the 1990s the US Government financed the building of an infrared camera for locating buried metals and the camera did locate a vein of natural gold and at least one cache.  Louis J Matacia was successful in locating gold and silver using a Polaroid camera and I personally have recovered gold coins worth several thousand dollars as a result of aura photography.

This never happened. Nice try.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg142394.html#msg142394

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2011, 06:41:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by David

Louis J Matacia was successful in locating gold and silver using a Polaroid camera......

Oddly enough...FoxNews caught Matacia's partner "palming" targets when they did a story on Matacia and dowsing. Why would such a successful person feel the need to lie to the media?  Well....we all know the answer to that.

Carry on with your sales pitch, David

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg142500.html#msg142500

Print
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: