[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Guinea3
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

26.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2011, 01:32:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Cool info - thanks for sharing!

HH

Anthony

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144579.html#msg144579

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2011, 02:03:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Guinea3
Cool info - thanks for sharing!

HH

Anthony

Anthony, read the whole thread before shouting for joy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144582.html#msg144582

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2011, 12:08:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi David,

I hope you are the guy who made the original post and video, as I have tried to duplicate your experiment, and found several flaws.

The digital camera is a line of sight camera. If I cant see it, it cant see it. You can take the filter off and add IR light, and you get a near IR glow of the area, but not a true IR camera.

You say you modified the computer software to see what I cant. I know you can do really neat stuff with software. I would need to know what program, what version, and what setting you modified to see if I can get my camera to see anything other than the obvious.

Older Sony Video Cams did posses a small ability to see through clothes, in the right circumstances. It was all the thrill to the internet peeps. I don't know if that was true IR or not, but it would have a better chance of seeing anything than a modern camera. I have one of those cameras also.

I don't play with chemicals as I don't poop where I eat. So older film cameras I can not comment on. I would say that would be neat if you made that work. But I cant recreate it and so the average guy cant either.

You mentioned a geological survey satellite. If it was that successful, we would not be allowed to prospect or own gold as the govt would surely take it and sell it to a corporation for development. I use pictures from a similar satellite to identify area of mineralization for my searches. It really didn't give any indication of what was there, only heavy minerals by the exposed rock.

Louis J Matacia has made a name for himself amongst treasure hunters. But I have not seen any recent photo's or discovery's by him. He is very vague when asked questions. I have not seen one picture of any recent finds. I wont take anything away from him, as I respect all treasure hunters like yourself. But if you tell me I have to buy the video or book for this information, then the discussion is over, and you need to move it to the classifieds.

Congrats on your discovery as i would like to see more about it. Thank you for posting knowing you would be asked some hard questions. I have searched your site, and did not find my answers, nor can anyone else give me the answers. So I have to agree with nay sayers right now. I would be more than happy to provide a finders fee to you for helping me with this project on any treasure I find using your technique.

John D.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144664.html#msg144664

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2011, 02:35:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
The digital camera is a line of sight camera. If I cant see it, it cant see it. You can take the filter off and add IR light, and you get a near IR glow of the area, but not a true IR camera.

Casca, I only quoted this small bit so you'd know I was replying to you. Your observations are scientific and I believe, as you do, that this so called aura does not work. For any item to emit IR, it has to be energized to a level where it will emit it. In the human body, our internal temperature does that so we do emit an infrared signature. Kirlian photography auras depend on this. You're not seeing an aura, in fact, but the waves of energy in the form of heat that go out in every direction from our bodies. It's our infrared signature.

Gold would have to be heated from ambient temperature all the way to its melting point during which time an aura from the infrared would be given off. It's just that simple. Until then, no aura. This so called aura is nothing more than an infrared signature. To call it anything else or pretend it is a magical property is nonsense.

Satellites can see infrared from space that plants give off when the sunlight strikes them. The type of vegetation determines what wavelength and what strength it will have. This can be used to determine geological features nearby. It's a well known, scientifically proven fact that some plants love growing where gold is in the ground and some love silver. That's not to say that they ONLY grow there but they prefer ground with those elements in it. Thus, gold and silver prospectors have a better chance there but no guarantee.

I've said it before. When the evidence is there, I will investigate it and will most likely change my mind about the veracity of these claims of auras. Until then, I advise people to save their money. It's unlikely that $20.00 will break the bank but it is $20.00 better spent on a couple of treasure magazines.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144712.html#msg144712

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:38:41 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2011, 03:29:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

$20.00 better spent on a couple of treasure magazines.

I vote beer and Playboy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144730.html#msg144730

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2011, 03:32:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Golddiger, thanks for the reply.

Before I did some reading and applied my own experience with true Infrared and Thermal Aquisition sights in the military, I thought Dave V. may be onto something.

Homefire or Seldom put a really good video on the effects of IR and a modified camera, wish I had that link to put on here. It showed nothing reacts to the IR and the camera only see's what is in the light.

I think the new Pulse Induction machines are about the closest thing we have to make gold react. I may be wrong in that but its as close I can find. Im sure if we could run enough energy into the ground I might be able to get gold to react. Some say lighting strikes where gold is buried?

I would love to know more about the kind of plants I should look for when hunting gold and silver? Is this published somewhere, or do I have to wait till I find a couple gold deposits, smiles.

Now science is a way to prove this, and I have respect for guys like your self who had the discipline and courage to get educated. But I'm practical, and results that can be shared and recreated by an average guy like myself is important.

I am not making fun when I say the Dowsers and LRl's really fascinate me. Believe me it is for informational only, as I would try dowsing, but not gonna make claims I cant back up.

Along those lines, I have also looked into the makeup of a detector. Its pretty close to fantasy, but it actually has a working and accepted function. Any one can pick up the same detector and make it work, but not anyone can find treasure with a dowser rod. Results is the key.

I think there is a lot we don't understand about the earths magnetic fields. I think some guy in Australia is gonna make some new science one day, you guys build things, neat things.

I hope to learn at the parts of detectors this year to try and get a little more out of my hobby. But what I have found the makers of detectors have already built the unit the best they can be. Unless there is some new kind of coil, or program, I don't see much changing. I'm still undecided on Pulse Induction machines.

I will say that light does hold the key to some new energy. Not light as we know it. But that science is way out there, and not in a digital camera. There are some breakthroughs with particle accelerators I cant wait to hear about.

Dave, could you use a busty woman in your next video? Maybe I would watch it twice and pick up on something I missed. Thanks. Yes Dave, the offer is there and that was a jab, all in fun.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144731.html#msg144731

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2011, 04:12:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
I think the new Pulse Induction machines are about the closest thing we have to make gold react. I may be wrong in that but its as close I can find. Im sure if we could run enough energy into the ground I might be able to get gold to react. Some say lighting strikes where gold is buried?

I would love to know more about the kind of plants I should look for when hunting gold and silver? Is this published somewhere, or do I have to wait till I find a couple gold deposits, smiles.

Now science is a way to prove this, and I have respect for guys like your self who had the discipline and courage to get educated. But I'm practical, and results that can be shared and recreated by an average guy like myself is important.

Scientific method does not always involve complicated testing or experimentation. Your method of trying things is called empirical testing. The results are just as valid to the experimenter as any other method but a word of warning is essential here. Empirical testing has no control comparison. It stands alone and is often questioned by those who observe your results. Thus, your claims of dowsing success are questioned by me because there is no control evaluation. That means your results may be tainted by nothing more than a sheer desire for it to succeed. Also, the fact that you are going close to the item you seek to start out means to me that your intuition is at work just like mine is when I visit a cache site. I see the lay of the land and make judgments which will put me as close as you.

All metal detectors will instill an energy field into gold. All of them. The gold will react with magnetic eddy currents on the surface of the metal. Bear in mind that these are very, very weak fields and they dissipate in a matter of a millisecond. Not long enough for you to see without the aid of precise timing which is provided by the metal detector. If you want to see it in action, pick up a small vial of Magna-See, a chemical compound which when applied to an object shows its magnetic field and makes it naked eye visible. Apply it when the gold is in the field of your detector and watch the eddy currents as they swirl around based on your coil's movement. It's fascinating. Try it on iron and you'll see that it aligns itself from the largest mass of the iron object to the least mass. It's rigid rather than fluctuating like the gold because the field is built up inside of the iron rather than on the surface like gold.

The plants that are found near gold have been discussed here. Do a search on gold plants and see what you turn up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144741.html#msg144741

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2011, 04:17:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have been interested in this subject every since I received a Photo from a NASA  Engineer..I have read every post that I see. Research shows that the Spanish Priest used the aura of gold and silver to locate and recover it. Have you every wondered how the tons of gold and silver were recovered before the birth of Christ? Somebody new something that we still do not know.

Science is the quest for knowledge..It does not mean you have to have some kind of decree to be a scientist?All it means is you  have the desire to  gain knowledge..To those that that have the desire keep up the good work..One of you will figure this out and become a millionaire. I just hope you will share this knowledge  with us first..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144742.html#msg144742

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2011, 07:21:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Research shows that the Spanish Priest used the aura of gold and silver to locate and recover it.

I would like to see that research no one has ever been able to produce more the hear say.

Have you every wondered how the tons of gold and silver were recovered before the birth of Christ?

Same way it was found since then looking and mining.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144774.html#msg144774

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2011, 12:40:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by art3811
I have been interested in this subject every since I received a Photo from a NASA  Engineer..I have read every post that I see. Research shows that the Spanish Priest used the aura of gold and silver to locate and recover it. Have you every wondered how the tons of gold and silver were recovered before the birth of Christ? Somebody new something that we still do not know.

Science is the quest for knowledge..It does not mean you have to have some kind of decree to be a scientist?All it means is you  have the desire to  gain knowledge..To those that that have the desire keep up the good work..One of you will figure this out and become a millionaire. I just hope you will share this knowledge  with us first..Art

Neither a "decree" nor a degree are required to be a scientist but you do need to follow scientific disciplines or you are nothing but a crackpot.

Gold, silver and iron were found and worked by iron age peoples. They found them by looking at the ground. No magic or dowsing involved. The Spanish priests did no such thing. You're making that up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144845.html#msg144845

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: