[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #270 on: February 12, 2011, 10:02:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank You GoldDigger1950 and seldom for your comments
Thank You everyone  who is  working on this project?Keep posting your results because you never know when one word or one sentence will lead someone else to finding the solution..Art

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144899.html#msg144899

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2011, 11:52:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Gold Digger you gave me a great tip. I was not aware of how satelites used plants to map an area. I could not find the threads on here, but found some online, and Geobotany is great reading.

Im not trained as a scientist, and probably tetter on the crackpot fence. Geobotany lead me to types of gold found, where, and what rocks it was found in. That info is hard to come by. I really couldnt find one source with all three pieces of information in it. that would be a good book.

Short study, plants absord minerals, used in clean up, locating, and even mining of minerals. Satelites see the plants and make a guess as to what minerals are in the ground. Dave, thats as close as it gets for me on a camera that see's gold.

This info has been around since the 1500's.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144938.html#msg144938

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2011, 01:32:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Casca, the area you are researching is a fascinating area. Good luck.

More on the scientific method here:

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g#noexternalembed

That link answers the question of how NOT to analyze using scientific methods.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg144959.html#msg144959

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:37:52 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep GD, that explains it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg145003.html#msg145003

Offline morgane
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Lebanon

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

c scope metadec
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2011, 08:21:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi mrs david would you mind to advice me how much nanometres ir filter should i use for my digital camera to see buried gold or silver after i read your book i found that is the best way for hunting thanks alot  and best regard

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg145674.html#msg145674

Offline DavidTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

148.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Laser, Minelab
« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2011, 01:58:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
Hi David,

I hope you are the guy who made the original post and video, as I have tried to duplicate your experiment, and found several flaws.

The digital camera is a line of sight camera. If I cant see it, it cant see it. You can take the filter off and add IR light, and you get a near IR glow of the area, but not a true IR camera.

You say you modified the computer software to see what I cant. I know you can do really neat stuff with software. I would need to know what program, what version, and what setting you modified to see if I can get my camera to see anything other than the obvious.

Older Sony Video Cams did posses a small ability to see through clothes, in the right circumstances. It was all the thrill to the internet peeps. I don't know if that was true IR or not, but it would have a better chance of seeing anything than a modern camera. I have one of those cameras also.

I don't play with chemicals as I don't poop where I eat. So older film cameras I can not comment on. I would say that would be neat if you made that work. But I cant recreate it and so the average guy cant either.

You mentioned a geological survey satellite. If it was that successful, we would not be allowed to prospect or own gold as the govt would surely take it and sell it to a corporation for development. I use pictures from a similar satellite to identify area of mineralization for my searches. It really didn't give any indication of what was there, only heavy minerals by the exposed rock.

Louis J Matacia has made a name for himself amongst treasure hunters. But I have not seen any recent photo's or discovery's by him. He is very vague when asked questions. I have not seen one picture of any recent finds. I wont take anything away from him, as I respect all treasure hunters like yourself. But if you tell me I have to buy the video or book for this information, then the discussion is over, and you need to move it to the classifieds.

Congrats on your discovery as i would like to see more about it. Thank you for posting knowing you would be asked some hard questions. I have searched your site, and did not find my answers, nor can anyone else give me the answers. So I have to agree with nay sayers right now. I would be more than happy to provide a finders fee to you for helping me with this project on any treasure I find using your technique.

John D.

Hi John,

Thank you for your post.

Auras are generated in the wavelength range 700nm-1000nm.  Film cameras operate in the range 300nm-700nm, whereas digital cameras operate in the range 300nm-1400nm and the human eye 400nm-700nm.   So clearly both film and digital cameras can see wavelengths that you cannot. Wavelengths 300nm-400nm are called UV ultraviolet and 700nm-1400nm near infrared.  The pass filters that we use block most (95%) of the wavelengths below the filter value and allow typically 50% of wavelengths above the filter value to pass through.

I haven?t modified any computer software to process the images.  With a strong target you can see the aura clearly as a bright area on the image straight off the camera.  However using a photo editor will bring out the aura and also lend color discrimination.  I have tried a number of photo editors and all seem to work. My preference however is the enhance feature on Arcsoft Photostudio 5.5 supplied with the camera.

The Sony video cameras with the nightshot feature send an infrared beam out from the front of the camera but it is limited to a range of a few feet.  Some people claim to have had success at finding buried gold with such a camera but my own experiments with an entry level model have produced very limited and unreliable results.

The Polaroid SX-70 camera is still widely available on the second hand market and through the Impossible Project (Polaroid management buyout) fresh film is also available although I haven?t tried it. I much prefer the digital route.

Someone probably mentioned satellites but it wasn?t me!  What I did say is that I have it on good authority from several sources that a US government backed infrared camera was developed in the 1990s that is supposed to have found natural gold and caches from the air.  I would suggest that we don?t know for sure what our governments are up to but I would be confident in saying they are not likely to be interested in finding the thousands of relatively small caches and natural precious metal deposits that must exist around the World.

I have to agree with you completely on Louis J Matacia.  I personally made several attempts to contact him with no success.  I did mange to communicate with his daughter, a lawyer, who assured me that Louis had been successful in locating treasure using aura photography.  I have to say that his method of using the SX-70 camera did work for me and was instrumental in locating a cache of Iron Age gold coins.  Reputedly Louis has a digital camera aura method involving an obsolete Olympus 360DL camera but I don?t know the method he uses.

David

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg147791.html#msg147791

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2011, 02:55:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info, now I got to dig all that electronic crap out again. I also have a older Olympus digital camera I dont mind disecting to play with the new parameters.

Having worked with some IR equipment in the past (Military Grade), I see a couple of flaws with what I read, so I always ask. You are the first one to give any hope on the subject. If I suceed, I promise your secret will stay yours. Im gonna hot dog for a fella who knows what to do with stuff I find.

Filters are a key part, and heat. Im gonna get beat up on this. But Im not going into why I think it works, just that there are some things to make the process work better, if at all.

I dont mean to contradict myself, but I havent produced anything with results. Im still confused on how IR can see at 3000 yards? Yes it can and more, but thats another story? Then how it see's the wavelength you talk about? I dont know if I have enough testing equipment to set up your calculations, but it wont hurt to set it up, and play with the internal settings of the equipment I have.

Thank you very much for the information, and I look forward to your future post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg147815.html#msg147815

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LOL! IR is Reflected by Gold.

Gold has no emissions to be seen.

Look at my Video in the start of this thread.

NO REFLECTIONS,  NO EMMISIONS.

IR may be useful via Sat to find Related stuff.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg147856.html#msg147856

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2011, 05:10:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You aint no slouch homefire, and I don't presume to hold any degree's or anything. It wont hurt to play as long as my experiments don't cook me from the inside out. I'm about half blind anyway, so if it helps me see, I'll try it. Seen some pretty neat stuff in the military and I got out over 20 years ago.

I loved the video, and may look at it again to see if your working with visible or non visible light. If this actually works, he did something that no one seems to know about yet. I seen a video on the subject, and didn't buy it then.

I have lived on three continents, and in 5 different countrys. I am lucky to have the working knowledge, and not just book knowledge so many possess. Not that I posses much book knowledge. People do not understand me when I say things, but that's ok, I don't like repeating myself. I get theories wrong sometimes, and apologize for that. I do not mean to confuse anyone.

The problem with the whole thing is converting it to a picture. Even satellites guess, or are programed to find something else close by and draw a picture.

The lenses would have to be modified too.

If I understand him, its a chemical reaction inside the camera, yea thats what I want to do, play with chemicals. The stuff I seen had assist gasses and such, special lenses, and LCD display. All sorts of stuff effected it. Wasnt any computers or chips, this was a mechanical device.

At one point I used to take in company equipment to be repaired, you get to see the insides, and how they test it. I learned to modify our PRC77 radios that way.

The hummers had governors, I learned how to override that so we could outrun tanks. The really new stuff was being built by regular joes like you.

We had GPS back in the early 1990's, and SAT phones before that. What everyone thinks as new, is old hat to me.

I think if this camera thing works its because he created a proper reaction to get a reaction. Nothing to do with the gold, it may not even be gold setting off the reaction.

I will know more when I hook all my toys back up and try a few things.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg147870.html#msg147870

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #279 on: February 23, 2011, 01:33:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
LOL! IR is Reflected by Gold.

Gold has no emissions to be seen.

Look at my Video in the start of this thread.

NO REFLECTIONS,  NO EMMISIONS.

IR may be useful via Sat to find Related stuff.

This is got me thinking.

Please Register or Login

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/maximum_pc_builds_a_multitouch_surface_computer

Look at the schems on this.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg148041.html#msg148041

Print
Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: