[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 05:12:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I still don't believe in dowsing or LRLs

Yep...... 100% with you on that one GD!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg110931.html#msg110931

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 07:12:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

AVG appears to be flagging the H3 Tec website....do not go there unless your anti-virus protection is up to date!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg112672.html#msg112672

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 07:26:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

All this talk about H3Tec sort of caught my attention. Did a read on the patent and found out a bit more about the unit. From what I gather it is basically a frequency generator that automatically adjusts itself to the earth's magnetic field strength as well as temperature and barometric pressure -- all at 50 or more times a second. It also appears you need to know how (or learn how) to use an L-rod. Yes, I build rods and I hope someday to get to hook one up to an H3Tec. BTW, I visited their website last night and never got any kind of virus warning.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg112679.html#msg112679

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 08:28:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mike
All this talk about H3Tec sort of caught my attention. Did a read on the patent and found out a bit more about the unit. From what I gather it is basically a frequency generator that automatically adjusts itself to the earth's magnetic field strength as well as temperature and barometric pressure -- all at 50 or more times a second. It also appears you need to know how (or learn how) to use an L-rod. Yes, I build rods and I hope someday to get to hook one up to an H3Tec. BTW, I visited their website last night and never got any kind of virus warning.

It does a DDS signal generator board, as well as a micro-mini magnetometer. I would like to hear more about the temperature and barometric pressure, as there seems to be no such sensors on the board. You are also correct about having to know how to dowse to operate the device

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg112691.html#msg112691

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

"seems to be"? What kind of BS is that? Just cause you can't see a thermistor in the photo? Better get out a high power microscope.

More of the "have your cake and eat it, too" here with the "anyone can learn to use L-rods in twenty minutes" ...BUT having to learn an L-rod is the exact same thing as dowsing...and of course we all know dowsing is only for a few gifted people in the entire world. More "rational" "logic".

Learning to use an L-rod takes a huge amount of practice. I would go so far as to say it is a never ending process. I know I do things differently than others, but I try to keep the rod seperated from myself emotionally. I hold it out there a ways so it's not close to my body. Of course the whole idea here is to feel what the rod is telling you but don't influence it. That takes a learned sensitivity and awareness of whatever body response you get. I know it's easy to relate the body repsonse exactly with where the target might be, but you need to realize there is a bit of a time lag, Typically I will get an electrical current-like feeling just after the rod sweeps past the actual target--if I force the rod through the target's field. I've spent quite a while working with frequency generators and when they work, they are very good. I've messed with different frequencies and I can certainly see how someone who doesn't have a clue would have problems deciding on a frequency--especially if they tried it on their own. Just helpless.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg112886.html#msg112886

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 01:50:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mike
"seems to be"? What kind of BS is that? Just cause you can't see a thermistor in the photo? Better get out a high power microscope.

More of the "have your cake and eat it, too" here with the "anyone can learn to use L-rods in twenty minutes" ...BUT having to learn an L-rod is the exact same thing as dowsing...and of course we all know dowsing is only for a few gifted people in the entire world. More "rational" "logic".

Learning to use an L-rod takes a huge amount of practice. I would go so far as to say it is a never ending process. I know I do things differently than others, but I try to keep the rod seperated from myself emotionally. I hold it out there a ways so it's not close to my body. Of course the whole idea here is to feel what the rod is telling you but don't influence it. That takes a learned sensitivity and awareness of whatever body response you get. I know it's easy to relate the body repsonse exactly with where the target might be, but you need to realize there is a bit of a time lag, Typically I will get an electrical current-like feeling just after the rod sweeps past the actual target--if I force the rod through the target's field. I've spent quite a while working with frequency generators and when they work, they are very good. I've messed with different frequencies and I can certainly see how someone who doesn't have a clue would have problems deciding on a frequency--especially if they tried it on their own. Just helpless.

Thanks describing your dowsing techniques. That doesn't necessarily answer my previous comments about the H3 Tec.

Frequency generator/dowsing rod technology has been around for many years, but yet peer reviews and write-ups in scholarly publications evade this technology. Do you see any reason for that to happen?
Quote:Posted by Rational Observer
Thanks describing your dowsing techniques. That doesn't necessarily answer my previous comments about the H3 Tec.

Frequency generator/dowsing rod technology has been around for many years, but yet peer reviews and write-ups in scholarly publications evade this technology. Do you see any reason for that to happen?

Hello? Anyone?

Still looking for peer reviews and write-ups in scholarly publications promoting this technology   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg117360.html#msg117360

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 02:45:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well here's the heartbreak. It does work. Saw it find a sample I buried quick. Now that being said, it could also pick up things other than the desired target. I didn't get to fool with it long enough to say for sure, but it did hit my target.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg117370.html#msg117370

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 03:17:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
Well here's the heartbreak. It does work. Saw it find a sample I buried quick. Now that being said, it could also pick up things other than the desired target. I didn't get to fool with it long enough to say for sure, but it did hit my target.

Geeze...thanks for the honest and unbiased testimonial  Crazy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg117380.html#msg117380

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 03:58:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, it is what happened. Not real happy about it, but true.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7509.msg117383.html#msg117383

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold