[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2011, 01:59:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Amen, what Seldom said.
Thanks ya'll for sharring your trials and errors, it's much better to share these things because if we start at the begining
the knowledge will grow,

AU

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185172.html#msg185172

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2011, 02:31:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No sweat. I completely understand.

I had strictly used coil units for many years. One trip I worked an area and skipped the places you couldn't see 3 ft, much less swing a coil. Found a few relics, nothing major. I came back 4 days later to go beyond the first area, and friend when I got there ,,o-boy. There were 4 holes in those unreachable places. One, they had cut trees down, drove a wrecker in and pulled it out. I later found out they were using a lrl. I had seen them before and didn't pay any attention to them as they didn't have a detector out, I thought they were surveyors.

The things I talk about, if I did not personally experience them, no way would I buy into it. Some of the things we are doing now, still seem too weird to be true. So really, I expect the storm. Hell, if it wasn't me I'd be with them.

I guess that's why I scan around any find. I like the relics.

Back to the point. Just because I say it, and someone does not believe it, does not mean I lied.

It means someone didn't believe the truth. Now, how far am I going to prove it to them? Show them how I do this, post photos that could have been faked, not going to happen. The post was not meant for them anyway.

So, if someone wants to think I'm posting wild tales, that's just what they are, bedtime stories. For the ones that see the truth in it, it's something they can relate to. Fair balance.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185177.html#msg185177

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2011, 02:47:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fenix, you would be very hard pressed to find an area in the USA where someone has not been at some point in time. Thus, when you find a relic, to me it is absolutely no surprise. I could walk just about anywhere, stop and say "dig here" and the chances are better than 50/50 that you will find something man made, some water or something of value. It's no miracle and it is not dowsing. It's statistical data put to best use. The odds are in your favor.

When you go someplace where you have researched, you increase the odds astronomically and will in fact have some success based on that, not dowsing. What you call weird, others call research.

If you choose to believe that you find things by some psychic gift, then you go for it. If others choose to ask for concrete evidence or proof, blame that on the Discovery Channel who offers only scientifically proven discoveries.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185181.html#msg185181

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:49:43 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fenix proving things may come later, But in the past that has been the be all, here the method and the success''s
are what is coming to light here because that is the start to understanding,
In the past proof has been the main intervention but not this time
reason 1) no one is trying to sell anything 2, there are many here that dont understand the concept so your efforts
have gone to good use, and we are still listerning, HH

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185182.html#msg185182

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2011, 05:14:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Funny, Carl told me the same thing about "random chance".  Well I wanted to see if he was right. So no reports, no college studies, I went out in the yard and set the rules for what I was going to do. I took it past what Carl said for my satisfaction.

Here's what happened. I took 10, not 5 like Carl said, golf balls and threw them out in the yard. I didn't just search 5 ft I went 10 at first. Well, the farm house has been here 100+ years. There were targets the Minelab hit on all metal around 9 of them. Carl was right.     Until, I threw them in the field. After the 10 ft sweep I took it to 20. Not 1 target around any of them. This was the field I went straight to 2 targets, 1 was 700 ft in and the other was 900 ft in.  Carl was wrong in this case.

Do I hunt in yards--no    Have I scanned on the way back to the truck--yes   Were there targets everywhere---no

Soooo, depending on where you hunt, no targets, some targets, and a lot of targets.
I have tried to disprove a lot of things. I don't take anyone's word for it, I don't Google it, I don't fall in with someone else's opinion, i go out and do it to MY satisfaction. Pretty simple and dam accurate. Then when I say something about it and some x-spurt tells me different, I know he has not proved it to himself. Of course he has no idea how foolish he looks to me or someone that has tried it and knows better. but so goes human nature.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185193.html#msg185193

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger

Soooo, depending on where you hunt, no targets, some targets, and a lot of targets.
I have tried to disprove a lot of things. I don't take anyone's word for it, I don't Google it, I don't fall in with someone else's opinion, i go out and do it to MY satisfaction. Pretty simple and dam accurate. Then when I say something about it and some x-spurt tells me different, I know he has not proved it to himself. Of course he has no idea how foolish he looks to me or someone that has tried it and knows better. but so goes human nature.

So, by calling Skeptics foolish... does that somehow validate your claim?

The answer is no. It is simply shows your intent of NOT posting about Long Range Locators... but, to insult and belittle Skeptics in a dubious manner.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185198.html#msg185198

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2011, 06:52:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rational Observer
So, by calling Skeptics foolish... does that somehow validate your claim?

The answer is no. It is simply shows your intent of NOT posting about Long Range Locators... but, to insult and belittle Skeptics in a dubious manner.

Although fenix slipped that one in, I can understand why and I think that is because in the past LRL user's had to justify
every word and he like many have had to post knowing they will be jumped by people shouting proof proof, he's not trying to
sell anything here so he does'nt have to prove a thing, If I find a coin 12 to14" deep no one shouts BoŁŁoŁks prove it at me,
I would like to hear more about their quest .

Fenix,I understand you were using that text as a referrance and not as a directed comment but it would be good we could
miss out anything that might be taken two ways, cheers,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185199.html#msg185199

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2011, 06:55:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Let me clear that up.
Notice when someone starts the statement with so, some inference is fixing to get twisted. I try to use sooo. that way it's obvious there's a conclusion coming.

I wasn't calling anyone foolish. I said they appeared that way. BIG difference. And RO, anytime the truth becomes an insult,
well that has to do with perspective. They don't know and are not doing it intentionally. When that changes, yes foolish.

Why are we talking about this anyway? You left out the part about the Lrl targets. You haven't got to argue with me for a while have you?  Missed me huh?  Let's make it easy,,,, Yesterday I took my Lrl to the moon.  Wink, wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185201.html#msg185201

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2011, 07:06:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
I have tried to disprove a lot of things. I don't take anyone's word for it, I don't Google it, I don't fall in with someone else's opinion, i go out and do it to MY satisfaction.

And thanks for that Fenix, thats what we need is first hand experiences both pro and con not armchair wannabe's posting links and quotes without any hand's on  experiences. Yes I am still a nonbeliever and will still post my negative experiences until I have a positive one to post. Will one positive experience make me a believer no probable not but I would still post it.
Me GD AU and most of the rest here are not closed mined but do require proof, we also understand that you can't post pictures of gold bars that were found with your lrl so it all comes down to trust and respect for each other. I have a lot of respect for you Art and Ike because you all will discuss your machines and your belief in them at the same time ignoring the trolls and naysayers.    

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185203.html#msg185203

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2011, 07:24:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It would be hard to believe how much it takes to convince any of my crew of something. Something different comes up, 5 people are going to try it to make dam sure. If it's better, it stays. With all the crap units that have been  thrown at people, I can't fault the naysayers one bit. But there comes a time to use your ears and eyes and leave the mouth out. Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23701.msg185205.html#msg185205

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.