[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 06:35:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cccalco
R.0. What did you find "delusional" in the "Seal of Guilt" article in Prologue Magazine, the official publication of the National Archives and Records Administration in Washington, DC?

Even nonsense deserves to be archived, mate. There's no assumption of correctness or truth in the documents which are archived there. Even this forum could someday be archived there.

What ever gave you the notion that archiving speculation turned it into a fact? It's still false only now it is archived.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226780.html#msg226780

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:37:06 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GREY RIDER
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 09:07:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

looks like archived proof that its a die seal of the KGC  i bet theres some coins or tokens out there like the ones the masons have . there are posts about finds in here cant dispute the fact they are there  when you can hold them in your hand archived or not if it smells like crap feels like crap and should  you decide to  taste it and it tastes like crap its probably crap bro  thats what i call a  Rational observation   delusional is when you try to  tell me it tastes like chicken  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226794.html#msg226794

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:09:09 am by GREY RIDER »
Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 05:29:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No written account of treasure can be 100% verified. Research is important, but who knows what the guy who hide the treasure was thinking. One thing for sure, gold has motivated men to do things he would not normally do. If you had the treasure, you wouldn't be here lol.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226839.html#msg226839

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2012, 11:04:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GREY RIDER
looks like archived proof that its a die seal of the KGC  i bet theres some coins or tokens out there like the ones the masons have . there are posts about finds in here cant dispute the fact they are there

Not sure what you mean by "archived proof that its a die seal" but just because something has been archived does not prove it a fact

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226893.html#msg226893

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:42:55 am by GoldDigger1950 »

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GREY RIDER
Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

what more proof would you need ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226910.html#msg226910

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Josey Moby Dick is archived in the same library  are we to believe its a 100% true story?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226912.html#msg226912

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 01:47:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Josey, like Seldom and I have been trying to tell you, archiving does not make fantasy into fact. It just means it's now preserved in the archives as a historical record that the booklet existed, not that the contents are factual. If you believe it's a fact, that's fine. It's your choice but there are others here who are reading this who might believe that archiving something means the contents are factual and that's simply not the case.

Research based on speculation is what makes movies like Indiana Jones a lot of fun to watch but even they are archived.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226945.html#msg226945

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GREY RIDER
Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2012, 08:02:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

josey decides for himself just as you do what to believe.  in doing so he determines for him self  what is fact or fiction and if i can hold somthing in my hand read  it look at it or whatever to better  make that determination as to whether or not somthing is factual as can you or any one   . if it does not meet your criteria for being real or fact i cant help that nor can i make you believe it is but i can tell you what what was posted  looks like archived proof which is what i said   its up to you to decide   but if you dont know what more proof you need to make that decision for your self or dont want to share how you would determine its not or doesnt look like archived proof  its up to you   then you cant honestly say it isn't without at least explaining how you reached your conclusion which they may or may not do the reasearch but if they didnt think it authentic they may/maynot  before archiving  at the archives but they have somthing there so based on the picture thats what it looks like discrediting it or  going against the provanance of the paper work listed  without proof that is not fact  only helps the cause of the KGC believers proove their point that folks who despute whether or not its real will deny it  even if all the proof in the world is right in front of them  .if he had posted a picture of the archived book moby dick with the authors notes i would have to say it looks like archived proof theres a book called moby dick just because i have just  seen a picture of what looks like archived proof    if i went there and they couldnt  produce it hold it read it or they couldnt and i couldnt reasearch it for my self from their archive   then i would agree with you.  weather or not its fact is up to folks to prove to  like i said and have tried to tell you and seldom it looks like proof.  to say it is or isnt is ridiculous  without checking it out yourself is all i am saying  they both may be fakes  i havent seen the seal in real life researched it held it etc but i have read the book Moby dick  and never said it was true  people will believe what they want and its easier to say somthing is fake than prove its real come on guys you should know this by now were is your objectivity i would say they have it at the archive or know were it is if they took a picture of it but maybe not ? i try not to   make acertions to what is fact thats up to the individual so if anyone believes it is and it turns out not to be i apoligise for that but applaud you for at least trying to find that out for your self    josey

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226951.html#msg226951

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:06:28 am by GREY RIDER »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2012, 11:17:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GREY RIDER
josey decides for himself just as you do what to believe.

Perfect. Just as it should be.

Now, on the other hand, when you start preaching this to folks here who have no experience at research that becomes a problem for moderation. Here's why. If you are correct and the documentation is fact, then there is no harm at all in questioning it first before you verify it yourself. I'm speaking as if it is a newbie doing the research. If you are wrong, then there is still no harm done as he will then find out for himself that the information is incorrect. But, had he not been warned to question it, then treating it as a fact could have cost him years of research.

Moving on to those of us who believe it is false, so far, my comments have been directed towards showing doubt which allows you to be able to function as a true researcher rather than someone who just picks up any old book and believes every word of it as if it were written in blood.

All of the moderators who you are at odds with are all saying the same things. We doubt the veracity of the material and just because it is archived holds no special imprimatur on the information. It can still be wrong even when archived. Hopefully, anyone who has a yen to continue research will be able to take our warnings and your sureness and sort things out for themselves. You, Josey, do not have to be "right" or "wrong" in this matter. But the information most certainly needs to be verified by anyone reading it and using it for anything other than a good laugh.

Now, back to moderation. If you continue to harangue the moderators here, you will be put on a limited posting status where you will have to get approval for every post you make. Just try and keep your statements in line with real research techniques. It's better all around for everyone.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226953.html#msg226953

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GREY RIDER
Bronze Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2012, 03:15:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

the moderators can do what they see fit i will continue to stay positive and encouraging not negative and closed minded  and not out right say someones post is false   or say they said it was fact when they didn't that is negative i am not negative i choose to stir positive discussion not shoot down ideas or posts despite of what i personally believe .i do not need anyone to show me doubt if i dont believe what i see then i doubt it i do not question peoples research methods (other than to try them myself or help others ) or belittle their  expirience or try to say whether or not as you put it  they are a true researcher or just someone who picks up any old book and believes every word of  it as if it was written in blood  people can look at the same thing and interprit it in different ways of wich research techniques.are speaking the ones you call real?   i am not at odds with anyone christian has contacted me and said he enjoyed and  missed my posts . he can decide who is harangueing members.now to moderation Just try to unjackboot  your moderation  It's better all around for everyone. i dont answer the articles or media you post and tell you wether or not somthings not fact or even nicely say hey bro i aint sure about what there saying in there or say or make you think i need to verify anything. if you want to call me a liar you can read/verify  the same stuff i did  and guess what i told you/everyone  were i got it and already done that much for you . i show what i find in hope it may open a thought or a angle of researching  one reason is because the in the box research on alot of history has been done by others and may or may not have proved anything  but if you get out side the box you could possibly have a breakthru  and prove somthing long given up on by folks somtimes it pays off sometimes it dont if Mel fisher had given up  when folks told him he was wrong about the spanish treasure and they didnt exist  or when he picked up somthing and read about the the treasure ships and believed at least some part of it  he wouldn't have found them he had to look out side the box and look at/ dispute what he found he found treasure. josey

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg226989.html#msg226989

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.