[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep!     He needs a real Lawyer though!   LOL

I bet all but some trivial matter is dropped for lack of Proof.

they will cut a deal , get some money from him for some stupid act he did not do.

This is the way modern Courts do these days.

As long as they get a peace of your hide, there happy.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg223881.html#msg223881

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:37:59 pm by homefire »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 06:35:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Public defenders are real lawyers, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg223882.html#msg223882

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
77%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 03:02:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As a Constitutionalist and a Political Science major, I'm with GD and Seldom on this.
   As Baretta used to say, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".   There are a lot of laws in a lot of places that need to be changed.  The proper course of action is not to ignore the laws, but to band together and change them.  
   One of the benefits of the Federal system the US used to have is that with rare exceptions you didn't have a central government making policy decisions for everyone in all parts of the country.   Most people didn't have an opportunity to break many federal laws because the laws that governed daily actions and affairs were set at the state and local level.  Under that system, if you didn't like a law, it was relatively easy to convince a majority of the people in your region to change the law, or if the numbers were against you, you could move to another location that had laws more to your liking.    We've let times change, both here and abroad, and have ceded an ever increasing amount of our personal and local sovereignty to a central government of individuals who cannot and do not know what works best at a local level and who consequently rely on self-appointed and self-interested individual to force a one-size fits all solution to as many potential problems as possible.
    There is a time and a place (usually after other alternatives have been exhausted) to knowingly break laws.....but only when you are ready to pay the full price of breaking that law in order to draw attention to the need to change or abolish the law.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226082.html#msg226082

Offline avision4u2liveby
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 03:16:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Totally agree BA, and I'm so glad to see others (as well as states) standing up and flexing their rights. We have too many with the notion that it's the Feds job to "protect" us with laws in so many ways.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226085.html#msg226085

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Offline cowboy444 aka Randy WatersTopic starter
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1420.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

White's Eagle II and coinmaster
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 01:00:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

I had my first court appearance with my lawyer today. He asked for and received a 60 day extention before I make my plea. I'll be pleading NOT GUILTY and ask for a jury trial. My next court appearance is on 8/15/12 at 09:00am in Gold Beach. I do not need anyone to be in court for support at that time. It's just to make my plea. When we get to the actual trial I would appreciate all the support I can get. I'm hoping to fill the courtroom. Of course that would only require about 30-40 people to fill all the seats. I'll keep everyone posted on what's happening as we progress through these proceedings.
Thanks for all your support you've already given

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226131.html#msg226131

cowboy444
If you're unwilling to fight for your freedom, you don't deserve it.

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

They guy had the equipment in the wrong area, sounds like he is spittin in the wind. Doesnt matter it was on the back of a pick up.

You do need a good lawyer, one who plays golf with the judge. No State Agency will help ya, OSP works for the govenor. They can do no wrong.

I may not like the rules, but have always worked with the Foresty Officials in my state. Had the law called on me too, never a citation. Did you handle the situation poorly?

Your gonna do what you would of done in the first place regardless of the court outcome. You also have set a precedent for future dredgers. How is this helping the rest of us?

You did a few things wrong, while not against the law, could have saved you a headache.

While more and more places are going under protection, there is some really bad things going on in National Forrest. Not by the law abiding people like us, but real bad guys. I stand looking at a no removal of material sign, and right across the road is a rock quarry operation. Can someone please explain that madness to me?

As for a representitve with balls. Well one got voted in and he was as worthless as the rest. I hate politics.

This is a treasure site. Guy got caught doing something stupid. He didnt help the situation by being a all knowing to the Rangers. This should have been and be handled by contacting the head of state Forestry Service and whoever made the Pollution laws. Let them know abuses are being made, get the right people involved. OSP do what they do. Forrestrys Guy do what they do. If it is their policy to make rules by bending other to their will, it needs to be public. They dont like looking like fools for this stuff, hint hint.

We are all ambassadors of out hobbys, and sometimes we have to act like one. Its still not too late.

I have had some strange visitors Homefire, most likely homeland security or archeologist. But they never approach and never catch me with my bucket, smiles. There is a fine line and sometimes we get caught. Most Enforcement Officials would rather not write a citation. There has to be a tipping balance. I learned from a young age from my father, if a policeman tells you to do something, you do it. I can write letters and get clarification later. Cowboy, let your wife do the talking next time lol.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226189.html#msg226189

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 04:59:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cowboy444 aka Randy Waters
I had my first court appearance with my lawyer today. He asked for and received a 60 day extention before I make my plea. I'll be pleading NOT GUILTY and ask for a jury trial. My next court appearance is on 8/15/12 at 09:00am in Gold Beach. I do not need anyone to be in court for support at that time. It's just to make my plea. When we get to the actual trial I would appreciate all the support I can get. I'm hoping to fill the courtroom. Of course that would only require about 30-40 people to fill all the seats. I'll keep everyone posted on what's happening as we progress through these proceedings.
Thanks for all your support you've already given

Asking for a jury trial is a tactic that allows for obfuscation of facts. A judge alone can see through the nonsense while a jury can be swayed by a smooth talking lawyer. Of course, your lawyer makes far more money when he has to spend time selecting a jury from a pool of probably 100 people or more. Then you have to go through the process of getting witnesses. A trial without witnesses is useless before a jury. And don't think you are making this about the law being unjust. The judge will still keep you from bringing that into the picture so a jury is never going to hear how you were wronged by an unjust law.

Be smart. Just pay your fine.

Then start lobbying to change the law instead of breaking it. You give this hobby a bad name, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226196.html#msg226196

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline cowboy444 aka Randy WatersTopic starter
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1420.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

White's Eagle II and coinmaster
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 11:57:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, Homefire
The USFS cited me on Sept 26, 2011 then later dropped their charges and turned it over to OSP. They in turn cited me twice for polluting on April 26, 2012 dating the violation back to Sept 26, 2011.

cowboy444

Posted on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:05 AM
I am shocked at your attitude. "A law is a law" where the heck does it say that I am polluting by using a dredge in the laws? That's why I'm in court, to prove to these idiots that they can't keep taking away my freedoms without me fighting back. And surprisingly I'm also fighting for your freedoms as well.

cowboy444

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226245.html#msg226245

cowboy444
If you're unwilling to fight for your freedom, you don't deserve it.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 01:18:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What was Said Source of :Pollution?

Sediment Kicked up by the dredge and your handy Work?

A small dredge does a pile less then a Summer Storm!

The fact that the Forest folks dropped there charges tells me they jumped the Gun.

Sitting Back and Let's See What happens is why they keep pushing this crap.

They Use Taxpayer Dollars to Fight the Payers.  LOL   Endless supply of funds, Eaaa?

If I had the Funds, I would send him all I could.

I think they over stepped there bounds and he will be OK in the Long Run.

I think You will never see anything about this in the Main Stream Media because they Messed Up!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226255.html#msg226255

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 01:28:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cowboy444 aka Randy Waters
I am shocked at your attitude. "A law is a law" where the heck does it say that I am polluting by using a dredge in the laws? That's why I'm in court, to prove to these idiots that they can't keep taking away my freedoms without me fighting back. And surprisingly I'm also fighting for your freedoms as well.

No, you're in court because you broke the law. While I agree that the law is just too intrusive and without much to back it up, I don't break the law to show my displeasure and neither should you. Grow up. Pay your fine and fight the law the way you ought to. Like a man.

YOU HAVE LOST NO FREEDOMS, mate. You have, however, demonstrated that you can become a criminal because you don't like anyone telling you what you can or cannot do. That's antisocial behavior and makes all dredge operators look like bad guys. Thanks to you, the laws will most likely be toughened, not eased.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226257.html#msg226257

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Jump to: