[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok Gramps you are out of line always trying to turn everything into a political debate this is a treasure forum not a political one Please keep your BS to yourself.

beaks you have no clue what is going on here and by ignoring  people you never will so you lose. In fact I am thinking of letting you ignore the whole forum. You need to understand the whole thread before you post.

aquanut your bragging I did this I did that is not helping in this matter. If you want to help then come up with a plan and post it if its a sound plan sure lot of us will support it.

This thread should never had gone in this direction it should have been used as good start on how to change some rules/laws but has became a place to snip at each other we really need to get it back on track or we may have to lock it.  

Cowboy broke the law a bad law yes but still the law and all he has done is start a fight here and gave the special interest groups one more case to use against us.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226628.html#msg226628

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2012, 08:34:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
I guess that leaves me as one of the few remaining folk around here who actually condones the use of "Civil Disobedience" (the willful and deliberate violation of a law or set of laws).   However, I believe civil disobedience should be applied only against the most egregious laws and only after more reasonable and traditional means have been exhausted.   Basically civil disobedience is the last option available before armed rebellion/resistance.   Civil disobedience is an alternative (and frequent precursor) to open rebellion.   As such it should never be taken lightly or entered into for trivial reasons.  I can think of a lot more important "tyrannies" to address through civil disobedience than the one apparently at the root of this dispute.

This is how our country was founded. Not because you couldn't dredge where you wanted to dredge.

You guys really crack me up. Go find another river. Easy. Nope. Too easy. Instead, he chose to disobey the law and got caught. Tough break.

Posted on: June 25, 2012, 04:27:26 AM
Quote:Posted by seldom
This thread should never had gone in this direction it should have been used as good start on how to change some rules/laws but has became a place to snip at each other we really need to get it back on track or we may have to lock it.

Noooooooooooooo! Don't lock the topic! This is way too much fun.

Seldom, this kind of discussion is important for the younger folk to see. We already have a group of detectorists who put on headlamps and pillage places that are off limits. They blacken the eyes of us all. The guy who dredges where he ought not to is doing the same thing only he has the bully pulpit of this thread to pound his fist on the dais and get the attention of people who cannot grasp what he is hiding. He is hiding the fact that a smoke screen of how dumb the law is might work to obfuscate his breaking the law. He thinks that by making a big stink over the law being unjust he can convince a judge (and a jury) that he didn't break that law he doesn't like. Let's hop he doesn't get a bunch of left wing lunatics on the jury.

The truth be known, if he gets off on this, I will forget the incident entirely just like I did when OJ got off. If he gets convicted and he is found guilty, I will also honor that result. There are lots of laws I don't agree should be there but if they are, they are to be obeyed. Gramps sent me to an article he thought was making HIS point but it clearly made mine. If a law is in place, only the lawless will disobey it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226630.html#msg226630

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2012, 09:22:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Noooooooooooooo! Don't lock the topic! This is way too much fun.

I know and as long as it don't turn into a political battle ground its safe

"Civil Disobedience" I am a firm believer in it but this is not the case as I see it. The law good are bad is still the law you don't break the law to make a point till all other doors are closed to you.Then you do it with a plan in mine, not just a random act of stupidity.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226631.html#msg226631

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2012, 09:27:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think I said hauling a dredge around in a national forest wasnt a smart idea. Should had his medical marijauna with him smoking a big one with a beer in the other hand and half naked 13 year old passed out in the truck...........owning the dredge is not in question, its the actions of one individual who was ambassador for us all. Now the forestry service can use the outcome of the court to make a new law, wanna bet it wont be good?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226632.html#msg226632

Offline beaks
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2012, 10:48:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

first off i read the entire thread and understand it,  second if you have a problem with the truth then you can hang this forum in your leftist ass and GD can too.
after all he has already run off a few members with his bashing and other assorted bullshit and all you do is wipe his stinking commie ass, so its all par for the course.

ban me you gutless waste of skin.
{alt} Changed my mine you will not talk to folks here like that
{alt} 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226633.html#msg226633
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2012, 02:06:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by beaks
first off i read the entire thread and understand it,  second if you have a problem with the truth then you can hang this forum in your leftist ass and GD can too.
after all he has already run off a few members with his bashing and other assorted bullshit and all you do is wipe his stinking commie ass, so its all par for the course.

ban me you gutless waste of skin.

Do you even know what a leftist is? I'm as far opposite as can be. Try to open a book now and again to learn what these terms mean. You can't just throw nasty sounding labels around and believe you have insulted someone. All it does is make you look really, really dumb, mate.

Leftists are the ones who commit acts of civil disobedience in a willy nilly fashion without regard for consequences. Let's see, who does that fit?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226643.html#msg226643

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2012, 08:37:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by beaks

Looks like you need to read a book or two beaks you don't have a clue what a your talking about what are you 9? You get one warning about language and name calling this is it. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226663.html#msg226663

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2012, 01:17:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It would be so much easier of all the guys waving flags would just go back out with cowboy and his dredge and wait for the forest ranger to show up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226692.html#msg226692

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2012, 01:40:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Occassionally
It would be so much easier of all the guys waving flags

Occassionally its the same bunch of cry babys that whine that tax's or to high but are the first to cry when there is a pothole in the road. They want everything for free they think they got it coming. WHY who knows but am sure this is not the only place they cry or the only thing they cry about.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226698.html#msg226698

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2012, 01:52:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I make fun only because we have a broken record here. I am following the post, but seeing no new info being put forth. As you say Seldom, sitting on duff and complaining is the rule. But it has been entertaining and educational too. I wish cowboy luck as I believe he will fail, and pay more just for annoying the judge now. I just look at stuff different, seen a few things thats all. Keep the post coming guys. But flip the spam over so the other side can cook every once in a while.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36490.msg226701.html#msg226701

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Jump to: