[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France
Referrals: 0

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 03:44:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Hardluck

Hardluck you always have very good stories of treasures. I think xavier has some ideas on how to find these currencies lost. Several investigations are needed from people living nearby.

I was delighted to discover that story again thank you Hardluck Great

Luc

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113378.html#msg113378

Lucky Luc

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 11:29:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey X,
It's really annoying..... it's in a little black velvet cloth bag that I put it in for protection.
God knows how many times in a week I stumble across it.....
And then..... when you really want to find it........ no sign!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113412.html#msg113412

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 01:06:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

I found it interesting that exotic animal bones have been found in that part of the world !!
    Also with the chance of finding some pirate treasure...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113482.html#msg113482

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 11:07:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Paul

I know the feeling drives me totally nuts when it happens to me. The secret is not to put things in there place once you have found them or should I rather say not change there place short term memory goes for a loop when you start getting older and it aint going to get any better LOL 

Hi Glodnboy

From what I can figure out the world has a cycle Canada will one day be hot like Africa and Africa will become cold like Canada deserts will become green and other places will become desert and that's probably why fossils of exotic animals are found in strange cold and wet places. I'd love to see Siberia 2000 years ago.

Regards Xavier     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113536.html#msg113536

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline phillip harries
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab explorer se pro
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 04:39:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all,
        I ONLY LIVE 20 MILES FROM THE BEACH WHERE THE SILVER DOLLAR WRECK IS AND HAVE BEEN METAL DETECTING THIS BEACH FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT ANY LUCK USING A EXPLORER SE, BLUE POOL IS ANOTHER GOOD SITE WITH LOTS OF HISTORY REGARDING SHIPWRECKS AND PIRATES, I HOPE TO STRIKE LUCKY ONE DAY AND WILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED! I ONLY JOINED THE SITE TONIGHT AND HAVE ENJOYED THE POSTS THAT IVE READ, THEY SAY YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO DETECT ON THE BEACH OF THE DOLLAR SHIP BECAUSE ITS OWNED BY THE NATIONAL TRUST BUT NOBODY HAS EVER STOPPED ME SO I DONT KNOW?
                                                                                            REGARDS PHIL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113701.html#msg113701

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 07:08:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Phil

Welcome to Thunting.

You have a unique opportunity by living near to the site. The last time I was there was over 26 years ago. Much I imagine has changed. I would if I was you be looking a location known as Diles lake and detect the sport during the lowest tide possible after an early spring storm.

Careful study of old admiralty charts and tidal information will be of great help. An area called Spanish rocks and around the rock pools around Burry Holms may be worth a look also. There is an old cairn, ruins of an ancient Iron age settlement and old chapel from the dark ages.

I would be interested in any discoveries you make there as from anyone else who has detected there in that wonderful part of the world.

Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113717.html#msg113717

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 01:29:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All
 Xavier, perhaps is crustal displacement that would radically change the planets temp So its cold in Africa hot in canada"
 the exotic animal bones could be treasure from way back when. This could be pirate loot from over 1000 years ago!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113763.html#msg113763

Offline phillip harries
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab explorer se pro
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 08:57:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

HI HARDLUCK,
                    Many thanks for that, i remember about 15 years ago i bought a Garrett detector and with it came a book called detecting on british beaches or something like that!, Anyway it did say about DILES LAKE,and they say that Burry Holms which is Spaniards Rock is where a Spanish ship went down many years ago, also the Blue pool its said have come up with two silver dollars! but you have to be carefull because theres unexploded bombs from WW2, If i find anything of interest i will let you know. Ive had some nice finds around the corner at OXWICH about two years ago, very old gold ring, 8 Roman coins in nice condition,What about the wrecks on CEFN SIDAN beach? do you know anything about that area?
                                                     Regards Phil

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113775.html#msg113775

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 03:40:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Phillip

I haven't  been on for the past few day's so firstly I'd like to  Welcome you to Thunting. If I were you I get the last 19 years records of the tide in that area 19 years is a full tide cycle this way you will be able to know when will the next lowest tide be. Could be very soon never know, worst case scenario is that you will have to wait 19 years.  Angry 

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113910.html#msg113910

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 12:36:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Phil

In regards to Cefn Sidan Beach. It is not exactly part of the Gower coast but further west.

It is an area I am not too familiar with. I visited the site only once in 1978. But I know a little about the history of the history of Cefn Sidan beach.

There has been about 182 reported shipwrecks along the coast. From small vessels to large ocean going ships. There are about 5 vessels that are some times exposed to shifting sands and tides.

2 Iron vessels and 5 known wooden vessels. One large shipwreck is the remains of a clipper ship called "Paul" was wrecked there in 1925. The Iron ships were carrying coal, one floundered there in 1888. Another there at a later date.

There is local tradition the the men from the area in 18th and 19th centuries were known as the Hatchet Men. Wrecking ships supplemented the income of many along the coast. The locals were known for hacking off the bloated fingers for rings on dead sailors and passengers washed ashore from shipwrecks.

There are some historic houses nearby that were built from timbers of shipwrecks. One such house had secret lantern room used by wreckers to lure unsuspecting shipwrecks ashore on the sands.

There was a local wealthy land owning family called the Butler family that had salvage rights to shipwrecks cast upon the beach in the 18th and 19th centuries. As you can imagine the wrecking business grew as the British Empire grew and more ships sailed into the Bristol channel Severn estuary.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17509.msg113936.html#msg113936

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Jump to: