[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulsepower Aquastar, Sovereign GT, waterproofed Sovereign XS, Nautilus DMC
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 12:44:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What has me confused is that I think from what you say, all finds made by everyone are thrown into a large lot, and the state picks first, and what is left is divided by the Fishers, based on points, to everyone else in the group. So what you find, you may never see again, especially if it is like the guy that found the gold items and a little gold box a couple years ago. I wonder what his cut was of what he found. Thanks, John

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26101.html#msg26101

Offline aquanutTopic starter
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 09:11:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

JC
That guy you're referring to was Mike MacGuire, an old treasure hunting partner. He's now in Osceola County jail on four charges of attempted murder. I broke off our relationship shortly after it started back in 1994. Anyway, he first claimed he found the box on the beach. That would give him 100% rights without the need to share. As it turned out, he backtracked and turned it in to the Fisher museum as a find in 8' of water off the cabin wreck. It was displayed at the museum but I don't know what ultimately happened to it.
My advice to you would be to contact Taffi Fisher directly and get the straight scoop on the division process. She is very helpful and I can say from my experience, honest and fair.
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26167.html#msg26167

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 09:52:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wow, things do happen in the treasure hunting community don't they' I have heard a lot of stories thru the years.
I wouldn't bother Taffy, as it is only curiousity now anyway, and she sure must be busy all the time with fighting the new law proposal changes. Yes, that gold box was supposedly found in the water in the stories I heard and read. Nice to hear she is honest, too many in that game aren't. I met the granddaddy hunter, the late Art McKee back in 1964. I was going to dive for him and help salvage his boat which had caught fire and sank offshore of his museum, but unluckily or maybe luckily, I got drafted into the Army before it could happen. He gave me some directions to dive on a couple of his wreck locations, but just told me not to take the cannons etc.. He was a real nice guy and we had spent quite a while together talking about his hunting and he showing me his collection, and letting me hold one of his loaf of bread size silver bars, something you never forget. I was a young guy of 20 then and it might have led to a different life style if I hadn't gone in the Army. Life is living, and as long as you live it happily, I guess that is what counts. I think I have been happy with most of mine. Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26171.html#msg26171

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:05:18 am by JCPinCt »
Offline thunter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 02:52:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aquanut, always interested in more knowledge about the 1715 Beaches. I have MD'd most of the known 1715 beaches but not during and after a good hurricane. I did Rio Mar, Sandy Point, and Colored Beach during Dennis but like you said, we didn't get the cutting action that we look for.I often MD beaches that are not on the 1715 beach list just to see if there are any signs. Would like to chat to pick your brain about your 1715 leases with Taffi. Detecting Detecting Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26201.html#msg26201

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 03:05:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

THunter . Why are all the guys hunting the East Coast of Florida ?  You are right to think that the majority of galleons sailed through the Florida channel and that a lot sank or were wrecked overthere . But ......quite a few galleons were hugging the coast of Mexico  - Texas - and the West Coast of Florida in order to reach Havanna . Then there were the galleons that were planning to sail through the Florida channel in order to come to the North of the Bahama's and then sail toward the direction of Bermuda and the Azores . They were sometimes blown to the West of the Marquesas Keys and ended up along the West Coast where some of them were wrecked  .  Not too many people are hunting this coastline while there are thousands of hunters on the East side of Florida .  Why Huh??? I can't tell you , but I certainly would pay a little more attention to this Coast .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26204.html#msg26204

Offline thunter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 03:18:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius, good to hear from you. I definitely want to put more hunting time on the gulf coast, in and out of the water. I put more time on the east side of the peninsula because I live on the east side. I do believe you are correct that there are significantly more hunters on the east coast and I feel that more go there because it is much more publicized. I have been doing quite a bit of research on some gulf coast locations and will spend some time there this year doing some verification. I have plenty of vacation time. Just need to get some ducks in a row.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26205.html#msg26205

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 06:55:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Back then, I only had word of mouth to work with.

I was told to hit back behind Chucks Steak House and this was showing up after a storm.

I walked the beach for more then 10 Miles and found some weird Metal markers on the beach.

Red/White and  I figured they had something to do with marking a hot spot.

It turned out I found  3 sites.

Now days all the sites are for the finding on the Net and been done for you.

Below the water line is Verboten!  Any thing Wet is Safe.  No Mans Land!

I too think there are more to be found but I was working 12hour days 9 day in a row back then .

Seen the beach Cut better on a Storm then a Hurricane.

Hit It.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26225.html#msg26225

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 07:47:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think one of the reasons more hunt the East coast is there are a lot of known wrecks from fleets on the East coast, and very few on the West coast. The wind from the East is potentially what allows hunters to find stuff on the beaches from the known wrecks. Winds, and known locations of any wrecks, is not really good on the West coast. Problem is, it really makes no difference if you find a wreck on the East or West coast, as you won't be able legally to get anything from it, as the state has control, if they find out. It would have to go to a responsible salvage operation such as the Fishers. If you found one  maybe you could keep it quiet for awhile, but sooner or later it would get out, and you would be in deep stuff with the state. A typical example is the wreck that was found off Louisana several years ago that has offered up loads of 1783 8 reale coins, it was found by shrimpers in 300 feet of water way off shore, not much good to beach hunters. Then there is the wreck off Padre Island, Texas which is now a National Park area, so you can't hunt that beach anymore.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg26243.html#msg26243

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:51:33 am by JCPinCt »
Offline aquanutTopic starter
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 09:20:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

JCP,
Remember one or more of these guys?
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg27266.html#msg27266

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009, 05:54:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by aquanut
JCP,
Remember one or more of these guys?
Aquanut

The guy in the middle looks like Art, but no, on the other 2. Are you one of them?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3639.msg27280.html#msg27280

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Jump to: