[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2011, 06:27:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ozark Charlie
There is a valuable lesson in this. Boards, not just this one, but most are populated by a certain percent of real smart asses, whose mission in life is to mandate what others are allowed to believe and post.  And in a post like this they will never stop until the have, in there minds totally humiliated the poster with whom the are at swords point.  They usually have thousands of posts, a title and live to make fun of people.
Boards like this are good for certain things, ask questions about a detector, or a map or something simple, but if you find the Beale treasure, a Knights of the Golder Circle cache, see a ghost or capture a bigfoot, you damn well better not post it on a board like this unless you enjoy being called a liar and that will just be the start of it. I don't believe in ghosts since I have not seen one for sure.  But I have loved a good ghost story all my life.  So I read this thread for the enjoyment of a good ghost story.  Thanks to the original posters and as in the rest of life "Don't let the AH's wear you down.  I almost did not join the board because of similar posts on another thread.  Now I am kind of sorry that I did.

Thanks Ozark Charlie. My response got deleted, no sense repeating it again, but the bottom line is that I think you are right.

Posted on: February 05, 2011, 06:24:05 PM
Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
Don't worry Guess Who I've seen many pictures like yours and i still don't know it's just of those things that we'll scratch our heads forever keep going mate

5% and 9 Hmmm and all that anger seem like we need to blend a little, come and sit by the fire,and join in you're welcome to J

Thanks auminesweeper. Well said, no sense debating the unknown.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg142881.html#msg142881

Offline shortribsTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm probably the initial poster,and it doesn't bother me what others say. Untill you experience something then you can make fun of it all you want till the unexpected happends to you.jmho.shortrib

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg142886.html#msg142886

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2011, 03:41:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

My response got deleted

Not a chance. Don't blame your inability to make a post on a deletion. We are not allowed to delete posts here. Orders of the boss.

There is a valuable lesson in this. Boards, not just this one, but most are populated by a certain percent of real smart asses, whose mission in life is to mandate what others are allowed to believe and post.  And in a post like this they will never stop until the have, in there minds totally humiliated the poster with whom the are at swords point.  They usually have thousands of posts, a title and live to make fun of people.
Boards like this are good for certain things, ask questions about a detector, or a map or something simple, but if you find the Beale treasure, a Knights of the Golder Circle cache, see a ghost or capture a bigfoot, you damn well better not post it on a board like this unless you enjoy being called a liar and that will just be the start of it. I don't believe in ghosts since I have not seen one for sure.  But I have loved a good ghost story all my life.  So I read this thread for the enjoyment of a good ghost story.  Thanks to the original posters and as in the rest of life "Don't let the AH's wear you down.  I almost did not join the board because of similar posts on another thread.  Now I am kind of sorry that I did.

Charlie, you might want to believe in something without evidence but some of us are fond of proof before we go off chasing fairy tales. Nobody here is telling anyone to stop "believing" in something. If you read more carefully, you'll see that we are simply stating that WE won't believe in it without reliable, verifiable evidence. You say there are ghosts? Show me a ghost, not a photograph that can be altered. You say there is evidence of the KGC treasure? Then show me evidence of it, not recycled stories about it. Evidence.

Evidence, not fairy tales.

Posted on: February 06, 2011, 11:27:12 AM
Have a look at this.

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qGfNViVN8#noexternalembed&feature=player_embedded

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg142951.html#msg142951

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline tesoro dog
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tf-900
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2011, 09:08:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ozark Charlie!  Wow! I have not seen a post like yours in a hell of a long time, you expressed what was on my mind beautifully! The Moderators on this site are naysayers and Thought Police, if you do not think like them, you are ridiculed! And who says they have to believe what we discuss, I for one do not see it as my duty to convince them. I care less if they are of closed minds, and if they want too remain that way for the rest of their lives, then so be it! It is not our jobs to make the blind and deaf, see and hear. If they don't believe what we talk about, big deal, just leave us the f%$k alone and let us discuss what we feel like discussing! Not our job to show you verifiable evidence, if you chose not to believe, then don't, just that simple!!!
   The moderators have lost track of their jobs are, I have seen them discourage Newbee's from believing in Treasure Signs and all because they do not believe in them! What the hell is that crap?? Makes you think these guys might have some sort of agenda here, so to discourage people from believing in their dreams, of course they will say they do it to keep people from wasting their time! HA! Let us waste our time if we want, better than squashing our hopes and dreams! This will be my last post on this site, I might coast through once in a while, but no more posting until the moderators wake up from their naysaying!  td    PS. You don't get this type of treatment over at Exiledangel.com or Treasurenet.com

" Symbols Rule The World, Not Words Nor Laws "   Confucious

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg143164.html#msg143164

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:27:19 pm by tesoro dog »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2011, 09:40:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tesoro dog
Ozark Charlie!  Wow! I have not seen a post like yours in a hell of a long time, you expressed what was on my mind beautifully! The Moderators on this site are naysayers and Thought Police, if you do not think like them, you are ridiculed! And who says they have to believe what we discuss, I for one do not see it as my duty to convince them. I care less if they are of closed minds, and if they want too remain that way for the rest of their lives, then so be it! It is not our jobs to make the blind and deaf, see and hear. If they don't believe what we talk about, big deal, just leave us the f%$k alone and let us discuss what we feel like discussing! Not our job to show you verifiable evidence, if you chose not to believe, then don't, just that simple!!!
   The moderators have lost track of their jobs are, I have seen them discourage Newbee's from believing in Treasure Signs and all because they do not believe in them! What the hell is that crap?? Makes you think these guys might have some sort of agenda here, so to discourage people from believing in their dreams, of course they will say they do it to keep people from wasting their time! HA! Let us waste our time if we want, better than squashing our hopes and dreams! This will be my last post on this site, I might coast through once in a while, but no more posting until the moderators wake up from their naysaying!  td    PS. You don't get this type of treatment over at Exiledangel.com or Treasurenet.com

" Symbols Rule The World, Not Words Nor Laws "   Confucious

You know if you don't like it here log off but being new and having no ideal who you are talking to you sure are sticking your neck out.
Plus you and Charlie seem to forget that the mod's are also members and have a right to there opinion and the reason we have so many post is because we have been here for years working to build this forum so you have a place to complain because people don't agree with you. You two and several others just got here and want to change things to your way. What would make you happy and we will change it but you would only cry about something else Y'all are 2 of 12000 plus members but let us forget them and make you happy. I suggest you stop complaining and use the forum for what its intended talking about treasure. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg143166.html#msg143166

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2011, 09:57:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't believe and i don't disbelieve but there is something in this just coz i don't see it, But i will tell you this as for the Moderators it's not their job to believe or disbelieve . before being Mods they are people just like you.and you have your view and 2 of them have there's ,Now there are more than 2 of you whom have the same views which is a good thing so why cant they, also they are not allowed to edit these pages, and it is not open season on the Moderators .they are not police or what ever else you call them .weather you care less or is of no benifit to this forum, but understand this, they do more work behind the sceens on this forum keeping it going reposting miss placed threads and maintaining this web site,helping new folks out and making them feel welcome more to the point they do it all for free, they do it for nothing so people like you and i have some where to hang out and share information , have a laugh or what ever, Your not talking about some government scumbag squad here they are the ones that give you a place to rant and rave, so do them a kindness and keep ya sadistic thoughts as thoughts don't blast the people that are here as treasure hunters them selves and moderators ,coz they are allowed to have a view and state it  just like the other 12000+ members

And sorry i forgot to say to Guess Who .. So HI GUESS WHO good to see you here .J

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg143176.html#msg143176

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:11:59 pm by auminesweeper »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2011, 02:12:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ozark Charlie!  Wow! I have not seen a post like yours in a hell of a long time, you expressed what was on my mind beautifully! The Moderators on this site are naysayers and Thought Police, if you do not think like them, you are ridiculed! And who says they have to believe what we discuss, I for one do not see it as my duty to convince them. I care less if they are of closed minds, and if they want too remain that way for the rest of their lives, then so be it! It is not our jobs to make the blind and deaf, see and hear. If they don't believe what we talk about, big deal, just leave us the f%$k alone and let us discuss what we feel like discussing! Not our job to show you verifiable evidence, if you chose not to believe, then don't, just that simple!!!
   The moderators have lost track of their jobs are, I have seen them discourage Newbee's from believing in Treasure Signs and all because they do not believe in them! What the hell is that crap?? Makes you think these guys might have some sort of agenda here, so to discourage people from believing in their dreams, of course they will say they do it to keep people from wasting their time! HA! Let us waste our time if we want, better than squashing our hopes and dreams! This will be my last post on this site, I might coast through once in a while, but no more posting until the moderators wake up from their naysaying!  td    PS. You don't get this type of treatment over at Exiledangel.com or Treasurenet.com

Your right about Treasurenet. Over there, you get banned if you disagree with a moderator.

We are first and foremost members of this community just like you. We are entitled to express our opinions and give advice just like anyone with experience will do. Just because you do not like that advice does not mean we should stop it or change.

I have consistently asked for evidence. Verifiable evidence. Here you are, another whining crybaby saying I am not open minded when the opposite is clearly the case. I am very open to evidence. I will change my mind on a subject instantly in the face of evidence. So far, none has been produced on any front which finds me in opposition. Nobody can show evidence of LRLs working. Nobody can show evidence of dowsing working. Nobody can show evidence of ghosts appearing to guard earthly treasures which they really don't really need any more.

People like you are the real closed minded individuals. You will believe a fairy tale over actual evidence every time and are never open to real evidence that does not support your pet theory. In the face of many explanations of how that misty stuff got in his photograph, our man in the Philippines insists it was only ghosts that could have caused it. He refused to answer to any questions of a scientific nature. What does he point to? The guy's face! Oh, my goodness! He looks so frightened so that makes the pictures real! Nonsense. This entire topic has been the result of a calculated hoax until he is forthcoming with real evidence. If you want to buy into it, you go right ahead.

As to treasure sign, my goodness, man. Some of us have FOUND treasure in which there was a sign and nobody denies that. However, it is the MOST unlikely way to find treasure and THAT is the focus of the experienced treasure hunters. Most of the signs you see in the wilderness are pointing towards things you need for survival there. Today, with cities built all around the world near these former wilderness areas, it becomes quite easy for your imagination to run away and turn to thoughts of hidden wealth being at the end of the trail instead of clean, drinkable water.

Moderators are trying to keep you safe from scams, safe from doing things that are not survivable and safe from becoming hopelessly entangled in a fairy tale that leads to nothing. In the real world, this is considered an honorable thing to do. Here, it seems to be tossed aside and used as ammunition to damn a moderator for using logic to discuss an opposing viewpoint.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg143373.html#msg143373

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2011, 02:21:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well Said GoldDigger !!   Clapp  Clapp  Clapp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg143374.html#msg143374

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ozark Charlie
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 04:02:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Does not take much to stir 'em up.  GD says he just want to "protect us"  Sound like Obama.  Well GD, thanks but no thanks.  I don't need your protection. Been protecting myself for 65 years. I don't believe in Ghosts and have no feeling one way of the other about KGC.  But people who do should be able to talk and read about these things without bullies butting in and DEMANDING evidence, when there is not any evidence that would satisfy. So for those of you who wish to talk about such off beat things, be prepared to endure the WRATH.  Best thing is just to learn which posts to just skip over and go on to the next post, or just get a good laugh out of their rage. Think I will start a thread about the East Texas Bigfoot. Great
OC

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg143418.html#msg143418

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Now there's an interesting subject !!
{alt}

Please Register or Login

http://www.texasbigfoot.org/

Please Register or Login

http://www.bigfootproject.org/articles/bf_in_texas.html

Please Register or Login

http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/Video_-_Is_Bigfoot_In_East_Texas

Oh and Guess what Huh? They have Forums for you to join over there too, where they talk about bigfoot vandelizing trail camera's and chasing Non-believers !!

Ur gonna Like it over there!!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15766.msg143420.html#msg143420
http://bigfoot-sasquatch.yolasite.com/resources/patterson_bigfoot_lg.jpg

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Jump to: