[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 05:55:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by crowsnest1
Hi Bran,
Well spotted on all your observations, I understand your frustration at not being able to see the whole of the charts, however, the writing that you refer to is only relevant when you find the location of the island.
It contains the directions for finding the cache , once the island has been located.

They were not deliberately masked from any of you, I just took a quick photo of them and uploaded the resultant pics to the post.
There is a lot more to be noted about these charts, before you need to concern yourself with the actual location of the Cache!.
Best wishes Crowsnest.

Is there anything near the longitude and latitude as described on the maps. Huh? Huh?

Steve

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5907.html#msg5907

Offline crowsnest1Topic starter
Copper Member

ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

398.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 07:07:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Shadow, Hi Steve,

Firstly, to answer you shadow, Yes! there are quite a number of disguised and hidden meanings within the charts.
Although, I was referring to the words, reefs, at the bottom of the China Sea chart.

Steve, if you try to locate a position from the Long. and lat. on the China Sea Chart, it puts you somewhere in the Middle of AFRICA!!

Therefore, the charts must hold other keys as to their true positions!.
If the Charts are genuine, then everything needed to find their location, will be within the Chart.
Not necessarily, in the way  a casual observer could make any use of.

Best wishes crowsnest.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5909.html#msg5909

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 07:22:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very Intresting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5915.html#msg5915

Offline godisnum1
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 09:20:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bran,
Well spotted on all your observations, I understand your frustration at not being able to see the whole of the charts, however, the writing that you refer to is only relevant when you find the location of the island.
It contains the directions for finding the cache , once the island has been located.

They were not deliberately masked from any of you, I just took a quick photo of them and uploaded the resultant pics to the post.
There is a lot more to be noted about these charts, before you need to concern yourself with the actual location of the Cache!.
Best wishes Crowsnest.

Crowsnest,
       Thanks. I've not been so much frustrated, just really intrigued by the maps. I just bought I brand new digital SLR camera and wish I could take a few shots myself, so that it's in higher resolution and quality. Good job though making due with what you have. Yes, I agree that the information as a whole is irrelevant without finding the actual island. But it's the research that leads to caches of treasure anyway. I knew that "Reefs" word to the left looked different, it just wasn't clear enough for me to make out the differences. Although I'm "still" not too sure it was the same person that wrote both of those words, because the writing in one is nothing like the writing in the other. Even hiding messages within the word shouldn't completely change the handwriting that much, I don't believe? I just feel that it should similarize the other word, which is doesn't, if I'm looking at it correctly? Sadly, and I'm not noting you to be at fault, I don't think with the clarity I can fabricate much more from these maps. Not without looking at the originals or higher resolution of the originals, myself. But all the same, they are quite fascinating. Good luck with them, unless you've already deciphered them... which I feel confident you have.  Wink

Bran <><

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5918.html#msg5918

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 11:43:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

if you try to locate a position from the Long. and lat. on the China Sea Chart, it puts you somewhere in the Middle of AFRICA!! crowsnest.

A long shot, I know, but the top of Burundi kind of looks like Kidd's chart. China Sea could just be a code word. Maybe it's not an island at all. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5920.html#msg5920

« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:47:41 pm by Sweet Sue »
Offline crowsnest1Topic starter
Copper Member

ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

398.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 05:43:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

There are obviously some very interesting views and opinions, being formed from these posts.

If you like, we can take another look at a couple of the words, within the charts and the islands, they portray.

It would appear that the same person, probably made both charts, there are obvious differences, in the way some words have been "Drawn".
Therefore these words need closer scrutiny, for instance, why are the words "LAGOON", a little different from one another.
The China Sea chart, has a wavy line, across the top of the "L". ??

The islands themselves, differ greatly, the shape, the position of rocks and reefs.??

Are the islands in the foreground, really there!!

Could it be that the "Artist", has used an old trick, to mask the true meaning of these charts.

If the main island that you see on both charts has been "enlarged" and placed in the foreground, to enable the viewer to see the layout of the island.
Then it could be that the main island is one of the rocks and reefs, which appear to surround it!???

This method is a simple way to disguise an island group, which is what a navigator, in the 17th/18th, century would look for, along with some local geographical points, such as headlands, mountains and rivers, then he could use the given Lat. and Long. which would be accurate from this position.!!??

Therefore the island in the foreground, is not really there, in fact it is one of the islands in the ""lagoon"".

As an example, enlarge one of the lesser know islands of the Hawain group, shrink the rest,  around it and you would not recognise the group.

Best wishes crowsnest.    Eureka!!!!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5921.html#msg5921

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 10:18:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, my post is unfortunately offtopic (sorry  Wink) but I just wanted to say welcome aboard Shadow! Thanks for posting and I hope you will keep on ejoying the forum.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5940.html#msg5940

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 11:37:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

The more I look at these maps, the more thoughts I have. I guess, mainly, why wasn't the island drawn so that N would be point true N instead of NE - unless that line is important as a clue.

Also, everthing seems to be so symmetrical on the China Sea map - I don't think he was trying to create an artistically balanced drawing, so I find that unusual.

Could the other one have been a rough draft and the China Sea one drawn while he was at sea with more time? Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5946.html#msg5946

Offline Shadow
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 04:39:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello and thank you for the welcome.
Family visit today so short on time. Might be one of a group of islands. Tried to decipher some marks last night. No luck. Chicken and egg question. What came first burying the treasure or drawing the maps. Shadow

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5965.html#msg5965

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 05:01:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Shadow
Hello and thank you for the welcome.
Family visit today so short on time. Might be one of a group of islands. Tried to decipher some marks last night. No luck. Chicken and egg question. What came first burying the treasure or drawing the maps. Shadow

That's the way it is with a lot of the so called "treasures"

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg5968.html#msg5968

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Jump to: