[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 06:03:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

UNCLE~i give. whats the dealeio! Grin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6046.html#msg6046

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 06:53:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Amen!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6060.html#msg6060

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2006, 10:44:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hmm.... getting warmer, eh? I need to puzzle over this a bit longer. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6093.html#msg6093

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:47:02 am by Sweet Sue »
Offline crowsnest1Topic starter
Copper Member

ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

398.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006, 12:51:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,
You may think, that you have waited long enough, to know my interpretation of the Charts.
What you should first know, is that, I studied these charts for years, nothing came to me in a flash.!

I was studying, sea charts, island groups, islands and the charts, I also studied the era, the charts were alleged to have been drawn in.
I studied the way they navigated, the way they sailed, the political and social circumstances, prevalent between the sea going Nations.
I studied the lives of many pirates, I studied the routes they sailed, the prizes they took, how and where, they disposed of the goods.

The charts may be genuine, they may have been drawn, in that period, but they could be a hoax.
They may have been drawn later, I do not know!!

Do not think, that I presume, to be an expert, as I don't, do not think that my view of the charts is correct, I may be wrong!!

Yet! The way I think they have been drawn, is uncommon for a modern forgery, I do believe they were drawn by a Captain/ Navigator, the method of concealment is likened to a chinese, puzzle box, Everything has been drawn, actually staring you in the face, but you can't see it, as it is right under your nose.!1

You all assumed, as did I, that the island in the foreground, was actually there and therefore looked for other clues as to it's location.
Everyone looked at the lagoon, rather than in it.
the Lagoon is the picture, not the island!   

So where is the island, portrayed in the foreground!??

If you look up under the "N" and "A", of the word China, to the left hand top of the lagoon, you will see a couple of little "v" shapes, to the left of these, is a small gap and then a small "squiggle", similar to a flattened Omega sign, just behind this is what looks like a horse or cow, without legs.

The squiggle is the island, the horse or cow is the Pirate ship at anchor.
therefore, the picture in the Lagoon:

Shows, a River Delta, north of which is a mangrove, or forested coast, there is a strait, between the coast and an offshore island group.
The island is positioned so that any ships sailing North or south through this strait, will come under the gaze of those watching from the hill on the pirate base.

Ships have to sail this channel as, the more seaward channel is riddled with submerged and half submerged reefs or shoals.

From the position of the compass relative to the island, as shown in the foreground and relative to the way it has been drawn, in it's actual position in the lagoon, intimates that the island lays on a SW_NE line.
The river delta, is therefore, east of the island and on, the eastern seaboard of a continent.
As the strait, is a main shipping channel, then the winds must be predominantly Sw-Ne, during the spring and summer months and Ne-Sw, during the Autumn and winter.

Best wishes Crowsnest.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6096.html#msg6096

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 04:20:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by crowsnest1
actually staring you in the face, but you can't see it, as it is right under your nose.!1
Everyone looked at the lagoon, rather than in it. the Lagoon is the picture, not the island!   

Bet you were one chipper guy the day you discovered it was the lagoon. It just dawned on you? I've always heard that the best place to hide something was in plain sight. Sue, smiling but feeling a bit blind

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6100.html#msg6100

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:31:22 pm by Sweet Sue »
Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2006, 04:49:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6104.html#msg6104

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2006, 05:00:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,
You may think, that you have waited long enough, to know my interpretation of the Charts.
What you should first know, is that, I studied these charts for years, nothing came to me in a flash.!

I was studying, sea charts, island groups, islands and the charts, I also studied the era, the charts were alleged to have been drawn in.
I studied the way they navigated, the way they sailed, the political and social circumstances, prevalent between the sea going Nations.
I studied the lives of many pirates, I studied the routes they sailed, the prizes they took, how and where, they disposed of the goods.

The charts may be genuine, they may have been drawn, in that period, but they could be a hoax.
They may have been drawn later, I do not know!!

Do not think, that I presume, to be an expert, as I don't, do not think that my view of the charts is correct, I may be wrong!!

Yet! The way I think they have been drawn, is uncommon for a modern forgery, I do believe they were drawn by a Captain/ Navigator, the method of concealment is likened to a chinese, puzzle box, Everything has been drawn, actually staring you in the face, but you can't see it, as it is right under your nose.!1

You all assumed, as did I, that the island in the foreground, was actually there and therefore looked for other clues as to it's location.
Everyone looked at the lagoon, rather than in it.
the Lagoon is the picture, not the island!   

So where is the island, portrayed in the foreground!??

If you look up under the "N" and "A", of the word China, to the left hand top of the lagoon, you will see a couple of little "v" shapes, to the left of these, is a small gap and then a small "squiggle", similar to a flattened Omega sign, just behind this is what looks like a horse or cow, without legs.

The squiggle is the island, the horse or cow is the Pirate ship at anchor.
therefore, the picture in the Lagoon:

Shows, a River Delta, north of which is a mangrove, or forested coast, there is a strait, between the coast and an offshore island group.
The island is positioned so that any ships sailing North or south through this strait, will come under the gaze of those watching from the hill on the pirate base.

Ships have to sail this channel as, the more seaward channel is riddled with submerged and half submerged reefs or shoals.

From the position of the compass relative to the island, as shown in the foreground and relative to the way it has been drawn, in it's actual position in the lagoon, intimates that the island lays on a SW_NE line.
The river delta, is therefore, east of the island and on, the eastern seaboard of a continent.
As the strait, is a main shipping channel, then the winds must be predominantly Sw-Ne, during the spring and summer months and Ne-Sw, during the Autumn and winter.

Best wishes Crowsnest.
genuine?

crisp,colorful,unstained genuine maps that have been in,out and around the seas for how ever many years...sweet ginger brown, man Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6105.html#msg6105

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline crowsnest1Topic starter
Copper Member

ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

398.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2006, 05:21:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That's a very good point Doc!
That is of course, if you know the origin behind these charts??

And??...............

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6109.html#msg6109

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2006, 10:32:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That is of course, if you know the origin behind these charts??
And??...............

Oh good, I didn't want the charts saga to end - like a good book that you don't want to finish. Were the charts found at the same time, together? Where are they today - locked away in some museum or on display?

While reading your interesting interpretation, Crowsnest, I was also looking at the China Sea map. The symmetrical balance is so well explained, as is the turtles. I even thought odd that someone would put them on land as I would have associated them with water in the lagoon. Logic overruled by the eyes. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6118.html#msg6118

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:41:49 pm by Sweet Sue »
Offline Goldminer
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 10:00:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

In what time period are these "maps" supposed to have been made? I don't believe mariners were using longitude and latitude until the middle 0f the 18th century. They did not have sextants until then, only using octants or astralabes. The Spanish salvage charts of the 1733 fleet wrecks only gave compass rose locations. I would not try to read too much into these, as I don't see any particular attempt to deceive.
Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,810.msg6142.html#msg6142

Him thief him friend of him last Guinea
  Him kill both priest and friar, oh dear.
    Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Jump to: