[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 03:25:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger . Tony made it pretty clear that you cannot even read  . Besides that the metal that is used to protect the ships propeller is ZINC and not TIN . TIN was used in the manufacture of PEWTER ware . These Pewter cans and plates are stil found in the wreckage of ships that sank hundreds of years ago . Sea water does not oxidize tin my friend . So much about your knowledge of basic salvage .  Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43799.html#msg43799

Offline VOC
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 04:07:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just a question do the Artifacts being sold from the Flor say the were "recovered by Marx" or "just from the Flor Do Mar" ?.

If he is buying in from someone else and re-selling in the USA he could still put with it a certificate signed Consulant to the Flor Project etc and still be correct. (has someone else recovered stuff from the site as Marx has always claimed ?, is he selling on their behalf ?)

The "Flor Do Mar" could be the name of a factory or wharehouse in China and it would still be correct to say the artifacts came from the "Flor Do Mar".

We see "made in" written on goods when in fact its the lable or box that was made in the said country when in fact the actual product was made somewhere else.

Food is grown elswhere and often the packaging will say packaged in the -------.

Marketing is all about smoke and mirrors and unfurtunatally at the end of the day it is "buyers Beware" and it is up to everyone to do their own due dillegence on the item and the seller. (just like buying from e-bay).

There is consumer rights in most countries so if someone is not happy with what they have bought they should take it up with the seller and if they do not get satisfaction there is normally legislation to support the buyer to get it resolved.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43807.html#msg43807

Offline Sedonan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 05:51:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Question concerning Marx's authenticity in material he purports to be from "The Archives". Has anyone to anyone's knowledge actually ever found a lead in the AGI that Marx gives a Legajo number, and contratacion for? As an example lets take "La Magdalena" lost in 1563. Marx gives the source as AGI, contratacion, legajo 2899. Anyone ever verify that information?
Or:
Santissima Conception aka "El Grande" 1683
Anyone ever verify Marx's source information on this?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43817.html#msg43817

Him thief him fren' of him last Guiney
  Him kill both Priest and Friar,o dear.
    Him cut de troat of piccanniny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2009, 11:24:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
Golddigger . Tony made it pretty clear that you cannot even read  . Besides that the metal that is used to protect the ships propeller is ZINC and not TIN . TIN was used in the manufacture of PEWTER ware . These Pewter cans and plates are stil found in the wreckage of ships that sank hundreds of years ago . Sea water does not oxidize tin my friend . So much about your knowledge of basic salvage .  Cornelius

Tin is used as well. So much for your knowledge of basic marine technology. And tin does not last 400 years under water. Only a fool believes that to be the case.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43872.html#msg43872

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 11:57:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

There are many pewter spoons and cannisters to prove you wrong . They are found on any shipwreck .  Since I finished  a.o  a naval academy I think you are wrong when you say the anode blocks on a ships hull are made of tin .  Cornelius ( let us not start an other argument  . If you think you are right , you are right  )

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43880.html#msg43880

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2009, 12:00:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There are many pewter spoons and cannisters to prove you wrong . They are found on any shipwreck .  Since I finished  a.o  a naval academy I think you are wrong when you say the anode blocks on a ships hull are made of tin .  Cornelius ( let us not start an other argument  . If you think you are right , you are right  )

Pewter is not tin. I am right about tin being used as an anode. You are right that it may not be common enough for you to know about it but it used.

It's funny how in one sentence you pretend not to want to argue yet your entire post is an argument. Why not say what you really mean. You mean that you don't want me to argue with you but it's all right if you argue. There. Now everyone understands.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43881.html#msg43881

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2009, 12:35:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I argue with you because you are wrong . If I did not try to set you straight I would look like I agreed with you . But .......... if you want to be right I will leave you alone .   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43882.html#msg43882

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2009, 05:46:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I argue with you because you are wrong . If I did not try to set you straight I would look like I agreed with you . But .......... if you want to be right I will leave you alone .   Cornelius

That's a good one. You're completely wrong and you feel I need to change. Sounds more like an overinflated ego to me. You have this overbearing nature that won't allow you to learn anything new. Nobody can ever inform you of anything because you already know everything. That, my friend, is why you argue. When I disagree with you, which I'm not supposed to do, it sets you off. To be quite honest, it sounds too deep seated for you to change at this stage but I will give you one small bit of advice. Stop threatening people here. You should have more class than that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43924.html#msg43924

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline NihonsilverTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 10:12:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear All,

I posted a message yesterday but it seems to have gotten lost. Thank you for your comments but I think this thread got a little off topic lately. Attached are some photos of some of the items sold to me directly from Bob Marx. I was finally able to compress the files so they can be uploaded here. Have any of you purchased any such items? Do you know anyone who has? If so, they are fakes. You can verify this with an expert or even by yourself. He sold me a bunch of the red coral carvings an example of which you can see. Place this in a glass of water and the chemical dye leaks into the water within a minute. But Bob says these came from the Flor and were underwater for 500 years. Oh Please.
The bronze items such as the swords he sells are obvious fakes that even an amateur dealer can identify. Similar items are on ebay all the time going for 99 cents. There are plenty of antique experts around who can verify the cheap and modern quality of the jade items sold by Marx.

I think it is very clear and well-documented that the Flor expedition in the 90s never found any items. Tony Wells really says all that needs to be said with proof and he was there. Marx was lying then and he is lying now so he can sell these fakes and make money. I have so many e-mails and even a video of him making these claims while pointing directly to a series of fake artifacts.

I think this is a serious case of fraud. My point in posting here is simply to warn others so they do not get fooled as I was. I thought Marx was a great guy and simly never conceived of him being a thief. After getting to know him better, I realized more and more, he was not the man he pretends to be. Our buisness relationship soured (another interesting take on its own) and I became suspicious of the artifacts so I had them checked by five diffeent dealers. Others have also had them checked. All items were immediately called out as fakes except 2 jade items which may have actually been jadeite though they were modern carvings. The rest were not jade but serpentinite or other inferior quality stone and modern.

Dan Sedwick verified one of the the fake coins I got from Marx which he labelled a contemporary fake from Port Royal. Just spread the word so no one else is riped off by this guy or they at least use extreme caution when dealing with Marx. That is all I ask. And if any of you have anything purchased by Bob, get it checked.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg43985.html#msg43985

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

001 (2).jpg
002 (2).jpg
006 (2).jpg
007 (2).jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2009, 03:24:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Your post probably didn't get lost. It was probably deleted. Seems to be a lot of that going around on these threads.

I did ask you before but what kind of provenance did you get from Robert? Serious question. I just want to know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg44037.html#msg44037

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.