[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2009, 05:16:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Folks, I must say that is a pitty to see the discussion getting to heated up. As you all know these boards are free speech boards where everybody can present us with their oppinions as long as they are not abusive or offensive.

In this very topic I have been convinced by what Tony, Cornelius and the others have had to say. However I can not force anyone else to share my oppinions and beliefs.

Let's just try to stay polite and take things easy. In the end we are all here because we share the same interests and thus should get along with eachother.

Thank you,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45435.html#msg45435

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline salvor6
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2009, 06:39:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Christian I applaud your belief in free speech.  Clapp It shows me how ignorant some people can get with their petty bickering.  Crazy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45443.html#msg45443

Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2009, 05:46:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you Christian for your open mindedness. Cornelius, I thought that you agreed to put a stop to this thread.I know you have better things to discuss.
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45708.html#msg45708

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2009, 06:27:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Having free speach is very important in my oppinion. While I am the owner of these forums, this does not mean I will controll things and tell people what they have to think or write.

However I am very sorry to see when discussion get heated up like in this case. Things should never get personal but of course they unfortunately are always at risk as we are all only human beings.

One forum member whom I admire a lot has had his feelings hurt over this topic and this worries me a lot. 

I hope that things will not get as heated up again in the future.

Thanks,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45718.html#msg45718

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2009, 06:35:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Christian
One forum member whom I admire a lot has had his feelings hurt over this topic and this worries me a lot.

Don't worry, mate. I got over it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45722.html#msg45722

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline NihonsilverTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2009, 07:31:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golddigger,

I will answer your question again on the Marx artifacts. Yes, I bought them directly from Bob mostly at his residence in Indiatlantic but some through the post after e-mail exchanges. I have loads of proof of this such as the e-mails, the Fed ex receipts, etc. I am unsure why you are so staunchly against these allegations. As I aid before, get any artifacts that you know  about that came from marx checked. You might want to have a chat with Dan Sedwick as well.

Sorry I did not answer some earlier posts but I am unable to go here every day.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg46399.html#msg46399

Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2009, 07:46:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Goldigger 1750,
I don't think Christian was referring to you. I understand you have a high opinion of yourself, however, you may want to take another look. A little humility can go a long way in the learning process. As for myself... though I know everything there is to know, because I can't think of anything I don't know, I'll still consider other people's input and assimilate it with what I already know and store it away for future use. How's that for humility?
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg46400.html#msg46400

Offline salvor6
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2009, 10:32:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aquanut you have wisdom beyond belief. I nominate you for forum moderator.  Great. I think Christian should  Violent Golddigger1950.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg46411.html#msg46411

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2009, 09:16:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by aquanut
Goldigger 1750,
I don't think Christian was referring to you. I understand you have a high opinion of yourself, however, you may want to take another look. A little humility can go a long way in the learning process. As for myself... though I know everything there is to know, because I can't think of anything I don't know, I'll still consider other people's input and assimilate it with what I already know and store it away for future use. How's that for humility?
Aquanut

Haha.. that's a good one, Aquanut! I was also thinking the exact same thing. Thanks for writing it out for me here. Why this GoldDigger guy thinks someone gives a hoot about his feelings is beyond me.

GoldDigger.. since even you are saying that the TIN coins would have corroded after 400 years - then why are you backing your buddy, Marx - who is 'claiming' we found those on the Flor site and is even selling those brand new 'fake' coins to innocent people? This is what I really don't even understand about you at all.
TW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg46645.html#msg46645

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by TonyWells
Haha.. that's a good one, Aquanut! I was also thinking the exact same thing. Thanks for writing it out for me here. Why this GoldDigger guy thinks someone gives a hoot about his feelings is beyond me.

GoldDigger.. since even you are saying that the TIN coins would have corroded after 400 years - then why are you backing your buddy, Marx - who is 'claiming' we found those on the Flor site and is even selling those brand new 'fake' coins to innocent people? This is what I really don't even understand about you at all.
TW

Tony, pay close attention to this. Robert Marx didn't claim it was a tin coin. The reporter did that. Marx knows better. So should you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg46709.html#msg46709

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.