[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2009, 08:24:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Damn thats brutal bro....

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45103.html#msg45103

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2009, 08:26:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ksightler
Damn thats brutal bro....

Shipmate, they have earned it.

Did you get back to that park yet? I wish we could meet at the 32nd Street CPO club for a beer. Think of the projects we could plan! Wow!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45105.html#msg45105

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 VLF; Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 Pulse; JW Fishers Pulse 12
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2009, 08:31:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No.. I am going to hit another spot on the way home tomorrow... the other spot is another direction..... Yea It would be nice to hit up the CPO club... and don't forget to bring yer challenge coin..... Last cpo clubs I hit was NAS coronado and the one in Bahrain...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45108.html#msg45108

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2009, 08:37:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No.. I am going to hit another spot on the way home tomorrow... the other spot is another direction..... Yea It would be nice to hit up the CPO club... and don't forget to bring yer challenge coin..... Last cpo clubs I hit was NAS coronado and the one in Bahrain...

Ah, Coronado! Lovely club there with lots of tradition. My wife and I were there a few years ago for dinner before they moved it into the O Club building. They used it in the movie Top Gun for the piano bar scene.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45112.html#msg45112

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2009, 08:41:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh yea....  I do miss North Bridge.... I took the train from Fremantle to perth and ... I remember a mall at the train station in perth... I stayed at the youth hostel and partied my but off across the tracks in north bridge... those were the days...... man...the male to female ratio... If I lived there I don't think I could ever get married.....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45115.html#msg45115

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 09:01:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh yea....  I do miss North Bridge.... I took the train from Fremantle to perth and ... I remember a mall at the train station in perth... I stayed at the youth hostel and partied my but off across the tracks in north bridge... those were the days...... man...the male to female ratio... If I lived there I don't think I could ever get married.....

Northbridge is still a hot spot for the young. Australia has banned ugly women. As to getting married, you are just too late. I got the best one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45118.html#msg45118

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ksightler
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1860.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 09:04:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

well I found mine on a different island that starts with an A.......... Aruba.... I got the best one there... Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45120.html#msg45120

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 09:09:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
Pewter sitting on the shelf in a shop tarnishes rapidly. In the sea, it does so with vigor. At the 100 year point, it's mostly gone. Those are the facts not the myths these so called "big boys" are putting forth. But they've already proven that they'd rather be considered "right" than get close to any real facts

Goldigger1950, again I ask you to enlighten us on the source of your so called facts. How many 200, 300, or 400 year old shipwrecks have you salvaged that establishes your credibility, and supports your argument against experienced shipwreck salvors, and Treasure Hunters.  Thanks!  

Incidentally, I know Bob Marx,  I also know Eric Von Daniken, and I also knew George Massey, and I knew Mel Fisher, and the list goes on, so name dropping doesn't offer any credibility, in my opinion.  What have  you done that establishes  your own credibility and truthfullness to the viewers of this forum?   Dell Winders

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45121.html#msg45121

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 09:24:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dell_Winders
Goldigger1950, again I ask you to enlighten us on the source of your so called facts. How many 200, 300, or 400 year old shipwrecks have you salvaged that establishes your credibility, and supports your argument against experienced shipwreck salvors, and Treasure Hunters.  Thanks!

Sorry. Wasn't I clear that I wasn't going to provide such information? Well, I'll try again. Since this is an unverifiable forum, you waste my time by asking. It also doesn't matter on whit towards the facts I have presented. Pewter would not be in good condition after 100 years in salt water never mind 400 years. The so called facts in that article are completely false in that regard giving most intelligent people cause to wonder about all the rest of the alleged facts. If you choose to believe them, count yourself among the ignorati rather than the cognicenti.  

Incidentally, I know Bob Marx,  I also know Eric Von Daniken, and I also knew George Massey, and I knew Mel Fisher, and the list goes on, so name dropping doesn't offer any credibility, in my opinion.  What have  you done that establishes  your own credibility and truthfullness to the viewers of this forum?   Dell Winders

Then perhaps you should refrain from dropping them. Some of them are dead now so you used the wrong tense.

I have no reason not to be truthful on these forums. I am not the one flogging snake oil, Dell. That would be you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45123.html#msg45123

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 03:56:16 am by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 11:21:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have no reason not to be truthful on these forums. I am not the one flogging snake oil, Dell. That would be you.

oooh! I see you really don't know what you are ranting about, and certainly don't allow fact, or truth to get in the way of your prejudice. 

I don't think the "real facts" you speak of are  very credible coming from your mouth in light of physical evidence. The  drawer handles and other Pewter items in this photo were only under sea water for 150 years, and show very little errosion, but I do have some nice Pewter spoon handles, and Pewter buttons, I salvaged from shipwrecks that were immersed in Sea water for almost 300 years and they only show some minor pitting.

I have no reason to be untruthful on these forums either, so, you wouldn't be trying to convince THunting.com viewers of your honesty with this Snake oil you speak of, would you?   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7024.msg45136.html#msg45136

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Elijah B Swift Artifacts.jpg

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:50:44 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.