[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2009, 06:35:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It amuses me to see the seriousness in which these questions are asked and answered. There are more questions based in skepticism than in fact but I never see them posted here, only the fervent hopes of poor folks trying to find some fairy tale treasure and see etchings in rocks that are not there at all. I also feel some pity for them searching for a ghost.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40515.html#msg40515

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Mas_Kara
Bronze Member

HIGHEND GLOBAL USA, Commodity Trading
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

615.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2009, 07:37:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here we go again, just like before critics are starting again to creep hope pinoy TH who are left blogging here on this board will not fall to the same situation that happened before. All the veteran TH left this site because too much friction was generated by skeptics.
I said my part and I did what I can to invite you all to the exclusive Pinoy Board created exclusively for us pinoy's where we can relate and understand each others need and situation. If you intend to join just PM me and you will get invited to get in. Good luck if you would like to fight it out here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40525.html#msg40525

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2009, 07:53:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Friction? Heavens no! I want them to keep posting. Gives me a laugh.

Apply a little logic, mate. If YOU Were going to hide a treasure and come back later for it, even in the heat of battle, what precautions would you take? Remember, the location was completely left to chance. There was not time enough to seek that perfect location to place it there. Then there is the logistics side of carrying around tons of gold while fighting a battle. Then, dozens of men have to be pulled away from the fighting to put it in a secret location. To keep it secret, you then have to kill all involved. Everyone.

It simply makes absolutely no sense to believe in such a fairy tale. But, like I said, it sure is amusing to watch folks here spin around with their toe nailed to a treasure map and discuss it.

Please carry on. Pretend I'm not here watching.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40528.html#msg40528

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:57:18 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2009, 09:38:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mas_kara;

kumesta.

You just do not fully appreciate criticism. It can be good, and helpful, in finding truth. If some one questions you on something, you might go and take another look and find new information.

Criticism, if it is not constructive, is just a waste of air!

Personally, I hate criticism, but I put up with it. If you have information, share it, but hearsay is not evidence, its called FOLKTALES.

Some of the pictures I have been seeing, on this forum, are really interesting, others, do not mean much, because the treasure hunting scammers have caused a climate of hope, so much so, that such hopes may not be able to be fulfilled. That is not a criticism, its a statement of what may be the case, as outsiders see it. You may see it differently and probably do.

I sure am not going to rush off to Pinoy land, be called a long nose, when my nose is not long, spend a bunch of money, looking for a treasure that might not be there, because: I do not have money and I would be interfering with local industry and economics.... just call me perfesser. I have been personally scammed, by a Pinoy immigrant, so I am experienced! Shocked

Even so, just because I met one scamming Pinoy does not say they are ALL scammers. (I think I am being generous, here.)

If you were not prepared for criticism, why are you on this forum? You know it will happen.... just sharpen up  your answers and stick around.... unless you are a scammer and have a guilty concience?? As the saying goes: IF THE SHOE FITS, WEAR IT.

Brian AKA goldigger (smile, when ya call me LONGNOSE, stranger!)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40551.html#msg40551

goldigger

Offline Mas_Kara
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

615.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2009, 10:00:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes I understand your position in your point of view me too have been questioning even criticizing what they got into and sometimes can't believe the craziness of Yamashita Treasure if you are in their feet you will understand why. I was once like them aggressive and not thinking the reality of them all until i came to my senses that the reality of chasing what is not there should be admitted. Until you can't admit the reality yourself then it is hard to separate the reality. As much as possible I have to inject logic and explain in a civilized manner that what they are chasing can't be real all the time (read my comment to Hobbyist) I don't comment to condemn and ridicule but instead I encourage they must use common sense instead.
I can see again the same pattern that led to what happened before, Christian can testify to that and if you go back and follow previous blogs it really is heated and turned out ugly. I do not want this to go overboard again and eventually turn off the Pinoy TH bloggers totally in this site. We can stand toe to toe but to debate with someone that do not believe in the Yamashita treasure will lead to nowhere. So it is better for us to be left alone in a exclusive board were we can relate to the embarrassment but not ridiculed.

Actually your comments is a little bit degrading but still understandable but I sense somebody here (same people) is baiting again for a debate which they usually do to degrade and humilate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40555.html#msg40555

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2009, 10:31:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mas_kara;

I am sorry but I have only been on the forum since June, so I missed that.

However, I am not a doubter, I watched a very long documentry, on TV, about the Yamashita treasure(s?) and one of the digs. It was very interesting. Would I want to be one of those diggers? NO. I think the treasure, they were digging for, is not worth getting killed. There are easier ways.

You realize, do you not, you have a responsibility to stick around and see to it that others do not get scammed. You have an obligation to spread the truth. Think about it.

If anyone ridicules you, you have to realize, they do not know anything and are just a frustrated treasure hunter that never found anything. Probably never will!

Look at my picture and see if my nose is long..... Shocked

Me... Ive got a  gold nugget to  prove it (now where did I put that thing....) Detecting

Brian AKA goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40559.html#msg40559

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2009, 12:26:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mas_Kara
Yes I understand your position in your point of view me too have been questioning even criticizing what they got into and sometimes can't believe the craziness of Yamashita Treasure if you are in their feet you will understand why. I was once like them aggressive and not thinking the reality of them all until i came to my senses that the reality of chasing what is not there should be admitted. Until you can't admit the reality yourself then it is hard to separate the reality. As much as possible I have to inject logic and explain in a civilized manner that what they are chasing can't be real all the time (read my comment to Hobbyist) I don't comment to condemn and ridicule but instead I encourage they must use common sense instead.
I can see again the same pattern that led to what happened before, Christian can testify to that and if you go back and follow previous blogs it really is heated and turned out ugly. I do not want this to go overboard again and eventually turn off the Pinoy TH bloggers totally in this site. We can stand toe to toe but to debate with someone that do not believe in the Yamashita treasure will lead to nowhere. So it is better for us to be left alone in a exclusive board were we can relate to the embarrassment but not ridiculed.

Actually your comments is a little bit degrading but still understandable but I sense somebody here (same people) is baiting again for a debate which they usually do to degrade and humilate.

My comments are just as valid as anyone else's comments but based more on observable fact rather than scratchings or bird droppings on a rock.

Of course, your mileage may vary. I don't see treasure behind every pile of rocks I come across or every cave opening. I HOPE there may be treasure there but those who left treasure buried almost always do so without leaving a puzzle to solve. That's what I meant when I said it was more a moment of chance than a long planned treasure map carved on rocks thing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40572.html#msg40572

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Mas_Kara
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

615.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2009, 12:31:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian, you can say all the nasty things you can think of i will not mind it at all because i know when it is said and done you'll be eating up your words, your intellectual immaturity wont be able to digest the product of your incoherence that eventually you'll puke on yourself and spit the venom that you no longer can swallow.

You are vindictive my friend i am just warning others of my race from your Hippocratic state of mind. What made you so pissed out that you wanted me out of here.

Why am I still in this forum? why not ask yourself would you like me out of this forum i think you are old enough and mentally stable to figure out the answer, I give you the liberty to decide if I will stay or not. it seems that you always contradict your words why not read again what you just posted, isn't it you are feeling the heat and it burns you so badly that you wanted me out of here.

Why not ask Christian if he says I am out here i will be out of here no questions ask. But you know what, we have our own exclusive forum in this site that was created for us only because of people like you. why not do the same ask Christian to give you an Exclusive board and talk about your adventures and failures share your knowledge and at the end of the day we all are glad we live in peace and harmony.

Wise up my brother and chill out.

BTW thanks to your logical advice, even though we have differences I still appreciate the comments you shared to my fellow YAM TH. Peace bro and stay safe at your end.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40574.html#msg40574

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2009, 12:36:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
Mas_kara;

Goldigger, you do see the pun in the user name here, right?

Quote:Posted by {author}
I am sorry but I have only been on the forum since June, so I missed that.

I've only been on slightly longer but still find this chasing of ghosts to be fun reading. Not serious reading, but heaps of fun.

However, I am not a doubter, I watched a very long documentry, on TV, about the Yamashita treasure(s?) and one of the digs. It was very interesting. Would I want to be one of those diggers? NO. I think the treasure, they were digging for, is not worth getting killed. There are easier ways.

I never doubt treasure but do doubt the interpretation by some of markings made by insects in pumice being clues of some kind. Did you ever see the movie Joe's Apartment?

You realize, do you not, you have a responsibility to stick around and see to it that others do not get scammed. You have an obligation to spread the truth. Think about it.

If anyone ridicules you, you have to realize, they do not know anything and are just a frustrated treasure hunter that never found anything. Probably never will!

Oh, that stings. But then I keep my treasure finds mostly to myself for good reason. Most of us do. The hardest sought treasure I ever found took me three solid months of research through 4 states to find an old township site where I thought, not knew, that some treasure might be located. When I found the site, it took another week of days to find anything worth keeping beyond the odd coin or two.

Look at my picture and see if my nose is long..... Shocked

I'm a real boy! I'm a real boy! Yipee!! LoL

Me... Ive got a  gold nugget to  prove it (now where did I put that thing....) Detecting

Brian AKA goldigger

Keep smiling, mate. I hope these guys do find this treasure. They can waggle their fingers at me and stick out their tongues while saying "I told you so!" The truth of the matter is, it may already have been found. Real treasure hunters rarely, if ever, reveal that they have recovered a treasure. Perhaps all of these guys have looked at the flat spot where it once stood all those years ago. That, my friend, is the humor in all this.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40577.html#msg40577

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2009, 12:38:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Mas-Kara, don't confuse the two GoldDiggers here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg40578.html#msg40578

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Jump to: