[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2010, 03:31:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hardley ever do public places other then the BLM or Forest.  Out there your on your Own.  Cool!

Some times when Board, I do the ToT lot or two.

Never have problems with the Little People, Just the Adults.

The ladies are cool when you show them the Nails, Hypo's and crap you find.

The guys act like your stepping on there TERF and can kiss my Azz!

They don't like someone seeing them smoking what ever they have and try to chase you off.

Here in New Mexico Open Carry is Good.

They may Yell at you and stuff but no one takes your toys here.

At least not me!

Down here on the Border, we have some major issues.   You HAVE TO BE ARMED!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg133246.html#msg133246

Offline AzwipTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Silver uMax
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2010, 10:04:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bobby, I hunt mainly parks and school/ball fields.... it always amazes me what I can find in an elementary school field... you would think all kids stuff... IMO its more like 60% kid stuff and 40% grown up stuff.  Its all fun, but the schools and ball fields are keeping me busy.  I have gotten lucky and some of it is learning my machine over time and pulling tons of tabs.  Lol.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg133318.html#msg133318

Offline bobby bridge
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F 5
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2010, 02:05:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Azwip and fellow hunters.
 In my town, Center Line Mi. I can hunt apartment tot Lot's legally cause they are City Property. Some say no trespassing but I have had a cop come up on me and she said I was cool just that some residents were concerned with me Detecting In other words I was cool as long as no holes are left. Another park I was at in the summer a city truck came up on me and asked if I was leaving holes, I say's no, I try to make ground look the best I can that I haven't ben there, and show the trash I pick out there.
Every one is content!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg133336.html#msg133336

Be safe out there folks.

Offline rclubbs
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

discovery 1100
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2011, 04:22:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm only a beginner but I think that some people are genuinely interested and might even be able to give some good tips. It could be someone else who mds who wants to talk to you. Nothing wrong with busting out of your shell a little bit and talking to some one.
Quote:Posted by Larry B
MD'ing in public doesn't bug me a bit. Especially when the kids show up. THEN THE FUN BEGINS! LOL To see em dig up their 1st coin is a treasure by itself. Plus knowing I'm helping to plant the MD'ing seed is also cool. Actually, I look forward to folks interest.

Good to see I'm not the only one to wanna take an interest in others being interested. Sure we want our time to do our hobby but what happen to being courteous?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg134953.html#msg134953

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2011, 05:16:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i allways carry a small inexpensive MD for kids if i go to a public area , Kids Love it , and then i tell the folks to go to wal mart or radio shack etc, to purchase one for the kids.  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg134972.html#msg134972

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline mikewaz
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher 1266 X, Fisher F75, Garrett ProPointer
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2011, 11:10:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

When I was younger it bothered me a little, but not any more. I found that a lot of people will keep a little distance until you say "good morning" or "how ya doin". Next thing you know you've made a friend.

We were hunting an open field in an old residential area when we saw an older man walking his dog but staying fairly close to us. Again I looked up and said good morning to him and he shot right over to us.

Turns out he's lived in the area all his life and detected the same field when he was a few years younger. Boy did he have the stories for us. We've seen him a few times since then and he always asks if we've found the diamond ring his nephew buried years ago.

He also let us know that there was no silver left there after his years of detecting the place. I didn't have the heart to show him the freshly found well worn Barber half in my pocket that just about blew my headphones off.

Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg136141.html#msg136141

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:12:31 am by mikewaz, Reason: added text »

Please Register or Login

Detector Deals of the Day

Offline bobby bridge
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F 5
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2011, 08:17:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

There has Ben a few times I have hunted parks and an old timer will come up and ask how you doing? And I'll spark up small talk and they'll start telling me the history of the area. Meny times they lived there for years and tell about how in the 1980's folks hunted these parts out! Then other times they come up looking kinda mad like what are you doing, are you leaving holes? Almost like your on there property. I'll just look at them and carry on.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg136256.html#msg136256

Be safe out there folks.

Offline mikehart56
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett ace 250
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2011, 03:19:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm just a noob also but i always just block out everyone around me till i get done. It is better to do it alone tho "out of sight, out of mind" Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg136791.html#msg136791

Offline mhardy53
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garretts GTI 1500.  Whites Coinmaster 6000d
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2011, 11:12:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

When I first started detecting, I spent many hours detecting on the local grade school play grounds and ball field. I had gotten permission to detect on the school grounds as long as I filled every hole I dug. As a beginner, I dug everything that went ding so you can imagine how many holes I made....You can also imagine how many pop tabs I found. I always kept the tabs so as I detected, I also cleaned the grounds. At first, I felt anxious that everyone was watching me, especially the young kids. However, after a few days of detecting I pretty much didn't care who was watching...if I got a good signal, I dug it up. I enjoy talking to people so I will, at any time, remove the headphones and have a conversation with anyone. My wife says that I have never met a stranger. Well, I have met many strangers but they weren't strangers for long. As for the kids, I won't let them touch my detectors, however after pinpointing a target, I will let them dig it up and keep it. Now days, I only go to school grounds when I want to keep in shape or when I am breaking in a new detector...

Detecting in public places will become easier the more you do it. Just remember to fill your
holes and treat people with respect and they will, for the most part return the respect...Of course, it doesn't always work that way. When that happens, I usually pack up and go elsewhere.  I can always come back to this playground at a later date....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg136943.html#msg136943

Offline gijohn
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold bug 2, ACE 350, bounty hunter, Seahunter Mark 2
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2011, 07:23:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Leroy, just like my story, with the Japanese guy walking off with my toy truck. We should have had Larry (guy with shotgun in the pic) with us, he would have taken care of them! just kidding Larry. Thanks for the input, I think you just taught me something, I'm going to wait on fetching my ping when the kids are around. John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12012.msg137686.html#msg137686

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Jump to: