[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Renegade7
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1070.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter  Qwik Draw II
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2012, 04:58:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aye Cap'n jolly good tidbit there. arrrrr...lol Just kidding my friend.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg219485.html#msg219485

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2012, 05:04:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Its ALL fools Gold for sure

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg219487.html#msg219487

Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2012, 11:03:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the links CapnKidd and hardluck. As always, awesome research. And tony69, maybe if you helped support the site with a donation it would give you more credence. Come on everyone, lets help out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg219564.html#msg219564

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:08:37 pm by FlowerOfTheSea »
Offline Teach
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

various
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2012, 04:14:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

CapnKidd, good post, but just remember that George, as nice a guy as he is, is just selling a book and he just has a theory like many others. I am afraid his answer is way too complicated, and if you have read his first book you will notice he has failed to follow his own advise. I can promise you the answer is so much simpler and "cracking it" leads you to an island that is visible from the Lat/Long given, is the correct shape and compass orientation and importantly, has 3 "special" geographical features, one inparticular, that would be virtually impossible to guess at. The actual island shape fits the one "extracted" from the puzzle but would not be hard to draw once on the island because it is so relatively small, and anyone drawing it would definately pick up the 3 features in  sketching it. I can tell you, China has nothing to do with and the location does fit with Kidds known return journey exactly, but that means nothing. How do I know all this..because thanks to George I have been there and that was thanks to him because he told me that if I was so adamant I was right I should have the courage of my convictions. A couple of things to note though, I do not know who drew it or when, I only started to tackled it as a maths problem, then realised it wasn't, (like many other clever things, it beauty is in it's simplicity). Whoever drew it has definately been there, and that is not too many people, even after all these years. I am not having a go at George, I like the man and I will still buy his book, after all he got me into this in the first place.       

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg220139.html#msg220139

Offline CapnKidd
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Surfmaster
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2012, 08:10:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Teach, this is George (CapnKidd) thanks for your kind comments. Can I make it clear,  I am not trying to sell a book that doesn't exist! Eight years of research has recently ended in a  MS which is with my agent, - no guarantee these days that your book gets published. By the way, it is not about Kidd and his non existant treasure. My newly updated website was merely to make the public aware of a fraud/deception re the Kidd/Palmer charts. Viewing the website one can see that I do not publish theories but facts, the decoding and maths cannot be disputed, it all works out and pinpoints an island of the correct shape and orientation in the South China Seas but like I say, it is all a red herring, the whole thing was made up to divert your attention from the real island that the perpetrators believed a real - very big - treasure was buried on. And yes I do know who drew them (early 20th cent) and of course I can prove it all, it's all in the new MS. Wether or not Kidd was in the SCS is totally irrelevant as the charts are not real, the perpetrators could just as easily have used Teach's name or Jim  Hawkins! They used Kidd because of his statement 'I have buried a treasure....blah blah'
As I keep having to say to my correspondants; 'Ok, if you know where it is, show us the treasure!' Nobody can, nobody ever will BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REAL KIDD/PIRATE BURIED TREASURE CHARTS!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg220180.html#msg220180

Offline tony69
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2012, 11:39:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by CapnKidd
show us the treasure!' Nobody can, nobody ever will BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REAL KIDD/PIRATE BURIED TREASURE CHARTS!!!
i have worked out the charts and
  you cant and as you say no treasure , you mean( no money) to get the treasure  i hope that's right keep up the good work george

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg220314.html#msg220314

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:47:55 pm by seldom »
Offline Teach
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

various
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2012, 02:56:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi CapnKidd, long time no speak; thought you might be here somewhere… Where does the time go…Is it really 7 or 8 years since your first piece of advise to me to solve the location first before looking for an island, (to prevent making the facts fit!).. I must bow to your experience of who drew the map…’fraid I was too young to be there and have never spoken to anyone involved. Just what are the chances of two solutions to one Chart "puzzle" that both lead to two very small “exact” islands, both on different sides of the world !!!…Amazing….I can’t say identical islands though, because they are different shapes once my solution is extracted from the “original”. Both our solutions use maths; yours from information first decoded; mine just a couple of clever geometric tricks based in simple maths with the drawing design…I do agree with you about any connection with the Chart being about any "buried" treasure; my solution details something more practical, and if anything suggests why none would be there now. Good Luck with the new book and getting a trip to your island. PS. I should also Thank You for your book on the Gower Coast, been a few times now, great....going again in May.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg220317.html#msg220317

Offline CapnKidd
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Surfmaster
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2012, 03:38:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Teach, in the depths of my memory  I know who you are. Let me say there are a lot of islands big and small out there that more or less fit physically the shape of the island on the charts. If you or others havn't gathered it yet the China Seas Island must be ignored as it is a ruse. But! the identity of the real island of the charts - the one on which the perpetrators were convinced lay a real treasure, still lies hidden withing the (fraudulent) charts. So whilst 'hiding' it, they put its identity and location there for posterity, and no, it's not Oak Island as some believe.

Posted on: April 16, 2012, 03:35:14 AM
No Tony, as you know, I mean No Treasure of Kidd's will ever be found based on these charts!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg220377.html#msg220377

Offline Teach
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

various
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2012, 05:36:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

CapnKidd, what I really find ironic is that the mystery Chart originator hid the "perfect" solution within the puzzle to where anyone in Kidds shoes would have deposited just his most precious of his cargo for later quick retrieval, unlike Oak Island.....even hinting at who that might be. If the forger you prefer as the originator was trying to lead people away from a Kidd connection, seems a really strange way to do it, so maybe he should have connected the Chart with someone else.....Anyway, I'm glad the solution wasn't Nova Scotia way, every time I've been there for work it's either freeze or get eaten by flies. No, the answer lies in beautiful blue water, with sun and spectacular scenery.

Posted on: April 16, 2012, 05:25:52 PM
Ooops just realised that reads wrong...I meant it hints at who might be well placed to quickly retrieve anything deposited on the island...not at who was responsible for the Oak Island pit!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg220427.html#msg220427

Offline CapnKidd
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Surfmaster
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2012, 03:16:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Teach, no the ruse was not to lead away from a Kidd connection but away from their island. This whole saga - ie the charts -is nothing to do with Kidd or his non existant treasure, they could have plucked any name out of the pirate library..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg220466.html#msg220466

Print
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Jump to: