[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline scuba_mark3214
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2009, 02:33:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello fellow T-hunter!  I am getting ready for my first of many visits to the Philippines.  I have spent the past 6 years doing research on the Yam Gold.  I am flying out to Manila in February.  I am curious if any of you fellow T-hunters are going to be out there.  I am looking to further my research before I start my digging in a year.  I am still at the gathering information stage.  I would like to meet some locals that have knowledge to some of the gold sites.  I know this will cost money, but I have am coming well equipped with knowledge and commonsense.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Good luck to all of the diggers on the upcoming season. 

Mark

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg58504.html#msg58504

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2009, 03:31:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by scuba_mark3214
Hello fellow T-hunter!  I am getting ready for my first of many visits to the Philippines.  I have spent the past 6 years doing research on the Yam Gold.  I am flying out to Manila in February.  I am curious if any of you fellow T-hunters are going to be out there.  I am looking to further my research before I start my digging in a year.  I am still at the gathering information stage.  I would like to meet some locals that have knowledge to some of the gold sites.  I know this will cost money, but I have am coming well equipped with knowledge and commonsense.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Good luck to all of the diggers on the upcoming season. 

Mark

You are clearly the ultimate dreamer, mate.

Millions of locals in the Philippines have spent billions of hours crawling and scrabbling around looking for the treasure, some using alleged first hand information from witnesses and either they have quietly found and recovered it or it never existed. Put all the stories together and Yamashita would have buried more gold than exists in Fort Knox many times over. And green diamonds. And gold coins. And Federal Reserve Bank Notes which were never printed by the FRB. The remaining locals involved in Yamashita Treasure have spent lifetimes putting fake treasure marks on places to sell these locations to the unsuspecting. Or they put them there as practical jokes for the gullible.

Just enjoy your holiday and do some local beach hunting.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg58512.html#msg58512

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:26:43 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2009, 01:33:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950

Millions of locals in the Philippines have spent billions of hours crawling and scrabbling around looking for the treasure, some using alleged first hand information from witnesses and either they have quietly found and recovered it or it never existed. Put all the stories together and Yamashita would have buried more gold than exists in Fort Knox many times over. And green diamonds. And gold coins. And Federal Reserve Bank Notes which were never printed by the FRB. The remaining locals involved in Yamashita Treasure have spent lifetimes putting fake treasure marks on places to sell these locations to the unsuspecting. Or they put them there as practical jokes for the gullible.

BUT! GD, it would be nice to be warm!

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg58609.html#msg58609

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:26:16 am by GoldDigger1950 »

goldigger

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2009, 06:49:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950

Amen

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg58623.html#msg58623

Offline sumatra
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gpa
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2009, 05:05:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

hey, is there any one there knows about treasure signs?
but they got platinum and there is more sign i seen in the site

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg59397.html#msg59397

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2009, 07:01:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Christian, can you make Yamashita a banned word for the forums? Please??? Pretty please???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg59410.html#msg59410

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2009, 09:35:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just enjoy your holiday and do some local beach hunting

I would take Goldigger1950s advice there are loads of fantastic tourist beaches over there and people love the beach and water you will have a far greater chance of finding something of value on the beach than you ever will chasing wild dreams and going over tracks that have already lead to nothing in the past.  But hey its  your life your money your holiday I hope you enjoy it the people there are great too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg59416.html#msg59416

Offline bisaya
Copper Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Philippines

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2009, 03:27:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wink yamashita treasure is a myth!! Scuba try visit ming forum 

Please Register or Login

http://ming.tv/flemming2.php/__show_article/_a000010-001030.htm
all about yamTreasure if your serious of YamT. Theres one guy there back in 2007 he can hardly own a metal detector an suddenly in 2009 he own almost all very expensive equipment from scanner to heavy equipment(back hoe,bulldozer,dam truck,borehole driller) . Seems like he has his own construction company today.. Grin YamTreasure are Myth..   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg59742.html#msg59742

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2009, 06:31:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bisaya
Wink yamashita treasure is a myth!! Scuba try visit ming forum 

Please Register or Login

http://ming.tv/flemming2.php/__show_article/_a000010-001030.htm
all about yamTreasure if your serious of YamT. Theres one guy there back in 2007 he can hardly own a metal detector an suddenly in 2009 he own almost all very expensive equipment from scanner to heavy equipment(back hoe,bulldozer,dam truck,borehole driller) . Seems like he has his own construction company today.. Grin YamTreasure are Myth..   

I would not use "myth," I would rather say "folk tale," because there has always been word of mouth, anecdotal evidence, when if you want to call it fact, you need empyrical evidence, to get it out of folk tale range into factual account. For it to be a myth, some one would have to say:"once upon a time, there was this Japanese General, named Yamashita, and it is said he was 10 feet tall. It is also said..."

It may be as real as the shoe on my foot, but I can see  that.... however, I am not yet a doubter... just waiting until all the evidence is in.  Grin

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg60229.html#msg60229

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2009, 11:59:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
I would not use "myth," I would rather say "folk tale," because there has always been word of mouth, anecdotal evidence, when if you want to call it fact, you need empyrical evidence, to get it out of folk tale range into factual account. For it to be a myth, some one would have to say:"once upon a time, there was this Japanese General, named Yamashita, and it is said he was 10 feet tall. It is also said..."

It may be as real as the shoe on my foot, but I can see  that.... however, I am not yet a doubter... just waiting until all the evidence is in.  Grin

goldigger

And that's the root of the problem, isn't it, Brian? No evidence beyond the word of mouth? Like the old telephone game, the retelling of each tale makes it more unbelievable. I don't believe this will ever go away.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg60264.html#msg60264

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.