[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tagacanlumpit
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I do not own or have use one yet.
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2009, 10:46:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

gboy,
Hello Welcome. Would you happen to have an idea if some surviving Japanese soldiers from the Japanese armada that was involved in the Battle of Sibuyan Sea managed to land in Sibuyan Island and buried some part of Yamashita treasure there before escaping back to Singapore or Japan?

Any information regarding this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks and God bless!

tagacanlumpit

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg53873.html#msg53873

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2009, 09:43:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tagacanlumpit
gboy,
Hello Welcome. Would you happen to have an idea if some surviving Japanese soldiers from the Japanese armada that was involved in the Battle of Sibuyan Sea managed to land in Sibuyan Island and buried some part of Yamashita treasure there before escaping back to Singapore or Japan?

Any information regarding this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks and God bless!

tagacanlumpit

You have to make a large number of assumptions, to back this idea... It would be unlikely but not impossible:

1) they would have to have had a small vessel that escaped, or was ignored, in the battle (I do not remember details of the battle but probably have heard about it, long ago);

2) they had to have been removing *treasure,* already and had it loaded on a vessel;

3) If there was a back-up plan, it becomes more reasonable;
   a) a back-up plan should have some referrence, somewhere, unless the vessel was sunk, after caching the treasure;

4) some of the Japanese war vessels were quite small, small enough to fit the requirements;

5) is there record of a small vessel being sunk, in the area, at the appropriate time span(?);

6) there had to be no survivors, so that there is no story/tale of the event (what about local people, and local stories?)

7) there should, but not necessarily, be some record, and on-the-ground sign.

More?

Make a list, one *pro* for everything in favour of the idea, and one *anti,* for all things against the idea.

Go with the longest, most believable list. (Or toss a coin?)

tagacanlumpit;
This would make a really good novel, if you have the writing ability. True or not! It could be another way of *finding treasure,* or a factual documentary of such a search, right from the beginning. Treasure stories are always interesting!

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg54140.html#msg54140

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:48:35 am by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2009, 05:16:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by kakashi
Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny

Only  a fool would laugh at serious suggestions, why not take a  flying leap? that would about as wise as laughing.

Go ahead and kill yourself, I do not really care. I can always push the ignore button.

Bye!

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg54322.html#msg54322

goldigger

Offline tagacanlumpit
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2009, 10:40:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Battle of Sibuyan Sea was on 24 October 1944, this is the part of the war  which crippled if not wiped out the Japanese Imperial Navy. Below is the list of the Japanese Fleet involved in that battle. As you will see, the naval armada is not just a token force, both of the super battleship were involved, the Musahasi and Yamato. This is the Japanese Naval Force was  to engaged McArthur in his Leyte landing.

JAPANESE FORCES

CENTER FORCE
    VADM T. Kurita

First Section
    VADM Kurita

Battleship Division 1
    VADM M. Ugaki

BB YAMATO?RADM N. Morishita
 two bomb hits, one near miss; nine casualties and 3000 tonnes of flooding
BB MUSASHI?RADM J. Inoguchi
 struck by twenty torpedoes and seventeen bombs, near-missed by 18 bombs; sunk
 1023 dead of her 2399 personnel
BB NAGATO?RADM Y. Kobe
 two bomb hits, aft turret and four secondary guns disabled

Cruiser Division 4
CA CHOKAI?CAPT K. Ariga

Cruiser Division 5
    VADM S. Hashimoto
CA MYOKO?CAPT H. Ishiwara
 hit by one torpedo, speed cut to 15 knots
forced to withdraw, Hashimoto?s flag transferred to Haguro
CA HAGURO?CAPT K. Sugiura

Destroyer Squadron 2
    RADM M. Mayakawa
CL NOSHIRO?CAPT S. Kajiwara
DD SHIMIKAZE

Destroyer Division 2
    CAPT N. Shiraishi
DD HAYASHIMO
DD AKISHIMO

Destroyer Division 31
    CAPT T. Fukuoka
DD KISHINAMI
DD OKINAMI

Destroyer Division 32
    CAPT K. Aoki
DD HAMANAMI
DD FUJINAMI

Second Section
    VADM Y. Suzuki

Battleship Division 3
    VADM Suzuki
BB KONGO?RADM T. Shimazaki
BB HARUNA?RADM K. Shigenaga
 minor bomb damage

Cruiser Division 7
    VADM K. Shiraishi
CA KUMANO?CAPT S. Hitomi
CA SUZUYA?CAPT W. Takahashi
CA CHIKUMA?CAPT S. Norimitsu
CA TONE?CAPT H. Mayazumi

Destroyer Squadron 10
    RADM S. Kimura
CL YAHAGI?CAPT M. Yoshimura
DD NOWAKI
DD KIYOSHIMO
detached to rescue Musashi survivors and transport them to Manila

Destroyer Division 17
    CAPT T. Tanii
DD URAKAZE
DD YUKIKAZE
DD HAMAKAZE
DD ISOKAZE

In 2006 2 fishermen (divers) hunting for fish near a reef off a barangay in Sibuyan Island stumbled on a cache marked 22-26, with some Japanese characters. They tried to lift the cache but it had proven to be very heavy. They reported this matter to the municipal mayor who readily went to the site with a pump boat equipped with a chain block and his Revo SUV. They were able to lift the cache and on shore it took 4 people to lift it and toss it aboard the mayor's Revo. The mayor told the fishermen that he is confiscating the cache in behalf of the government and he told the fishermen and the people who help him to bring the cache to shore and to his Revo not to tell anyone about what transpired during that night. He said he will surrender the cache to the higher authorities. From then on nothing was heard of the cache, until the last local election, when the mayor ran for reelection bought votes for himself with sacks of money. After the election rumors came out that the content of that cache were bars of gold. So where did the cache came from?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg55867.html#msg55867

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:45:17 pm by tagacanlumpit »
Offline White Tiger
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Malaysia

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2009, 11:40:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

very cool n very interested....keep up d good work. i salute u.... Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg56012.html#msg56012

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2009, 02:24:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Battle of Sibuyan Sea was on 24 October 1944, this is the part of the war  which crippled if not wiped out the Japanese Imperial Navy. Below is the list of the Japanese Fleet involved in that battle. As you will see, the naval armada is not just a token force, both of the super battleship were involved, the Musahasi and Yamato. This is the Japanese Naval Force was  to engaged McArthur in his Leyte landing.

JAPANESE FORCES

CENTER FORCE
    VADM T. Kurita

First Section
    VADM Kurita

Battleship Division 1
    VADM M. Ugaki

BB YAMATO?RADM N. Morishita
 two bomb hits, one near miss; nine casualties and 3000 tonnes of flooding
BB MUSASHI?RADM J. Inoguchi
 struck by twenty torpedoes and seventeen bombs, near-missed by 18 bombs; sunk
 1023 dead of her 2399 personnel
BB NAGATO?RADM Y. Kobe
 two bomb hits, aft turret and four secondary guns disabled

Cruiser Division 4
CA CHOKAI?CAPT K. Ariga

Cruiser Division 5
    VADM S. Hashimoto
CA MYOKO?CAPT H. Ishiwara
 hit by one torpedo, speed cut to 15 knots
forced to withdraw, Hashimoto?s flag transferred to Haguro
CA HAGURO?CAPT K. Sugiura

Destroyer Squadron 2
    RADM M. Mayakawa
CL NOSHIRO?CAPT S. Kajiwara
DD SHIMIKAZE

Destroyer Division 2
    CAPT N. Shiraishi
DD HAYASHIMO
DD AKISHIMO

Destroyer Division 31
    CAPT T. Fukuoka
DD KISHINAMI
DD OKINAMI

Destroyer Division 32
    CAPT K. Aoki
DD HAMANAMI
DD FUJINAMI

Second Section
    VADM Y. Suzuki

Battleship Division 3
    VADM Suzuki
BB KONGO?RADM T. Shimazaki
BB HARUNA?RADM K. Shigenaga
 minor bomb damage

Cruiser Division 7
    VADM K. Shiraishi
CA KUMANO?CAPT S. Hitomi
CA SUZUYA?CAPT W. Takahashi
CA CHIKUMA?CAPT S. Norimitsu
CA TONE?CAPT H. Mayazumi

Destroyer Squadron 10
    RADM S. Kimura
CL YAHAGI?CAPT M. Yoshimura
DD NOWAKI
DD KIYOSHIMO

Destroyer Division 17
    CAPT T. Tanii
DD URAKAZE
DD YUKIKAZE
DD HAMAKAZE
DD ISOKAZE

In 2006 2 fishermen (divers) hunting for fish near a reef off a barangay in Sibuyan Island stumbled on a cache marked 22-26, with some Japanese characters. They tried to lift the cache but it had proven to be very heavy. They reported this matter to the municipal mayor who readily went to the site with a pump boat equipped with a chain block and his Revo SUV. They were able to lift the cache and on shore it took 4 people to lift it and toss it aboard the mayor's Revo. The mayor told the fishermen that he is confiscating the cache in behalf of the government and he told the fishermen and the people who help him to bring the cache to shore and to his Revo not to tell anyone about what transpired during that night. He said he will surrender the cache to the higher authorities. From then on nothing was heard of the cache, until the last local election, when the mayor ran for reelection bought votes for himself with sacks of money. After the election rumors came out that the content of that cache were bars of gold. So where did the cache came from?

Very interesting! You have done a lot research work, here!

I would suggest, seriously, that you write  a book and expose these matters to the public, locally and internationally....  it could help! It certainly could expose some of the graft and corruption, in local and Huh? government!

I did watch some stuff, last spring, on the sinking of the Yamato... all I remember is the name, and little of the battle, but it was interesting.

A book on this might be a bit dry, when it comes to the statistics you have outlined, but the other details of people involvement and the mayors role, would make it much more interesting! Think about it. (You might have to hide out for a while, after publishing.)

To get interest, you can publish a few pages or even a chapter, on the internet.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg56241.html#msg56241

goldigger

Offline tagacanlumpit
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2009, 08:57:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the suggestion re writing a book, but I'm not really up to exposing what the mayor did. In time truth will come out by it self. Anyway, constituents in this municipality knows what kind of person the mayor is, they should, they voted him for his money.

What I am up really is to find out if there is a possibility to my theory that some of escaping Japanese soldiers indeed were able to land in Sibuyan Island and buried some of their loot there. The naval armada came from Singapore when it sailed to Sibuyan Sea en route to Leyte to engage McArthur's landing force.

One thing more that I would like to ask you guys is if you perform ritual (exorcism) or special prayer or offering of some type when you explore a  site, if you do, would you kindly advice what ritual is it and do you perform it before or after pinpointing the excavation site. Thanks again.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg56428.html#msg56428

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:03:07 pm by tagacanlumpit »
Offline White Tiger
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Malaysia

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2009, 12:01:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

keep up d gud wrk...pare!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg56975.html#msg56975

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2009, 07:42:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the suggestion re writing a book, but I'm not really up to exposing what the mayor did. In time truth will come out by it self. Anyway, constituents in this municipality knows what kind of person the mayor is, they should, they voted him for his money.

What I am up really is to find out if there is a possibility to my theory that some of escaping Japanese soldiers indeed were able to land in Sibuyan Island and buried some of their loot there. The naval armada came from Singapore when it sailed to Sibuyan Sea en route to Leyte to engage McArthur's landing force.

One thing more that I would like to ask you guys is if you perform ritual (exorcism) or special prayer or offering of some type when you explore a  site, if you do, would you kindly advice what ritual is it and do you perform it before or after pinpointing the excavation site. Thanks again.

I can only give you a ritual from the native (north,  very north) American point of view, but it is fairly universal. I can describe it simply, and you can consider it??

Native people, here use (smoke) smudging to purify. It is done, usually, with a sweet smelling herb, commonly sweet-grass, which you would not have, likely, so you would have to find what is used there.... sometimes tobacco can be used. Basically, you use a fire-proof metal dish, place a couple of incense cones, on it, light them and place the sweet herb on them, so it smokes. You use the smoke to *wash* the place free of evil, or bad influence. Here, the smoke is also taken with the hands and washed over the head, to purify yourself.

Of course the original method does not use incense cones, it used a dried fungus from a certain tree, that when you light it, it burns slowly, with a coal. So it kept the herb burning.

Another way is to burn juniper which you probably do not have there, unless it has been planted in some rich guys yard.

Hope this helps.

I still think a book is a good idea, it would inform the rest of the world and people like me, so local people know, that is something else, but the rest of us do not know. As well, if you manage to trace a caching of treasure, during WW2, it would be interesting, historically.

Judging by your research, I have no doubt that you could do it well.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg57136.html#msg57136

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:48:45 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline White Tiger
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Malaysia

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2009, 08:06:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bro...any gud news?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,372.msg57293.html#msg57293

Print
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.