[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tony69
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2011, 01:16:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

true wuzneme its all what books you have as to how much you know,and seeing as i have every book written on pirates i have  lots of fun with these who dint be live me like To be caught once is bad but to be caught twice is tut tut ,oh well try this he he kidd st,ayed in newyork most of the summer of 1696 in July he lent a runner to hoist up stones on Trinity church on the day of July 20Th,in Sept he sailed from newyork to Madeira he went on to boniest island and stayed there for 3 or 4 days then to st jago were he stayed 8 or 9 days,there was some money found in the salvage islands in 1813 but has   not been connected with kidd  ,on dec 12th in lat 32degrees he met warren,about 1680 he began to trade between the ports of north American colonies in his own ship the Antigua,prior to 1670 kidd made a trip to India, in 1692 kidd had a ship called the blessed william,and sailed out of falmouth to the island of Antigua, he sailed for east indies to the coast of croacus and to a Spanish ship laden with fish and fowl es and corn oh and 40 p of eight then went to newyork, in 1688 may of that year kidd first met sarah oort he was associated with  her in the selling of 56 wall st sarah also owned a house in pearl st, not bad , lol, and to think lol lifes a bitch.all true and from books whitch thay dont have .

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg157773.html#msg157773

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2011, 04:08:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Tony, I read that over several times. Your info to me agrees with my thoughts that Kidd was a fine merchant sailor and not much of a pirate. Perhaps I am wrong and he secreted away some wealth but nothing in the above statement gives me cause to believe that. Good luck with your hunt, I'd really like to believe he had a treasure island but I just don't.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg157833.html#msg157833

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2011, 04:28:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tony69
true wuzneme its all what books you have as to how much you know,and seeing as i have every book written on pirates i have  lots of fun with these who dint be live me like To be caught once is bad but to be caught twice is tut tut

First off Tony no one here believes a word you say. You are a bragger who claims to know everything but when asked questions you can not answer them. You cut and paste info from other sites then use it to try and make your case. Until you answer the dozens of questions that you have been asked most of us will consider you a know little clown, sorry but you bought this on yourself when asked a question you come back with your insults that we know nothing and you are the only one in the world with the right info. Personalty I think you are a lonely kid are a sad little man looking for attention as you have add nothing new to the Kidd legend.
Please answer the questions you have been asked and quote your sources are keep your useless info to yourself.     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg157838.html#msg157838

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline wuzneme
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2011, 06:34:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

tony69, like i said, prior, i dont know much about kid...but hey i got start somewhere...so the following (which am sure you will already know and have read)is my starting point...thought may as well get the info from folk who where there...and if depositions are good enough for the courts then i guess it could be good enough for me.
as i said. i am currently reading the following
20 oct 1697 depostion of benjamin franks in bombay , originally a jewish jewller from n.y.
18 may 1699 letter from president and council of leeward islands (nevis) to secretary vernon
6 june 1699 examination of edward buckmaster
robert braidinham, kidds physician turns kings evidence
8 june 1699 deposition of theophilus
19june 1699 memorial of duncan campbell ,ref bellamont
7 july 1699 narrative of william kidd
8 july 1699 lord bellamont to the board of trade
16 july 1699 petition of sarah kidd
17 july 1699 narrative of john gardiner (owner of gardiner island)
18 july 1699 in council
18 july 1699 sarah kidd to thomas payne (boston prison)
25 july 1699 petition of sarah kidd
26 july 1699 bellamont to board of trade
1 sept 1699 letter from danish governor of st thomas to bellamont
4 sept 1699 declaration of william kidd
29 nov 1699 bellamont to the board of trade
4 feb 1701 the information of henry bolton
14 april 1701 kidd to the speaker of the house of commons (robert harley)
12 may 1701 kidd talks to robert harley
so as you will agree thats alot of info to read and digest, and the footnotes (oh my)
am not disputing you am just doing my own thing. oh another little snippet for you since you like those...2 days prior to kidds wedding the new york assembly voted him a gratuity $150 for services in connection with arrival of gov sloughter 14 may 1691 since he got married on the 16th

Posted on: March 28, 2011, 05:34:52 PM
not that his reply has anything to do with kidd , but since he was born in dundee , thought id mention the frigate h.m. unicorn docked in dundee ...the galleon is one of only 6 originals still floating. take a look for yourselves online. its built 1800`s

Posted on: March 28, 2011, 05:48:26 PM
ok tony69, i found where you got your info, most from one chapter in wlliam kidds narrative july 7th 1699, but perhaps you should quote that chapter fully.
as for kidds  treasure and some think he didnt amass much, what about the idea of a collective of pirates/privateers joining forces and splitting amongst each other, and if mr gardiner owner of gardiner island is right with his narrative 17 july 1699 then it would suggest that kidd was involved/masterminding plundering. the suggestive narrative of mr gardiners comments imply at least 5 other ships  docked side by side with kidds whilst anchored at gardiner island.
kidd himself was away for 3 days then returning, (in my head am thinking 1 days sailing, 1days bury some stuff, 1 days sailing back. )

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg157902.html#msg157902

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2011, 06:39:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

wuzneme: You have some interesting reading to do there. I have seen records of another captain Kidd in Royal navy around the time of Napoleonic wars unrelated to William Kidd.

Tony69: I cannot understand why you would even refer the Savages as possibly being connected to Kidd. You mentioned an 1813 account, don't you mean Aug 30 1831?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg157907.html#msg157907

Offline wuzneme
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2011, 07:27:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Shocked how did i get onto william kidd in the 1st place?  Undecided  i only came on here to research vasseur Undecided dont go side tracking me with napoleonic wars, sigh, am new to this addictive research stuff.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg157937.html#msg157937

Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2011, 11:50:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello wuzneme

Researching treasure legends can get a wee little bit addictive.  Cheesy Perhaps the journey of discovery that is addictive and not the actual destination or outcome. Grin

Have fun reading those leads you find here and elsewhere and enjoy it for what it is.

The Kidd treasure legend is an icon of treasure legends. When anyone first thinks about buried treasure they think of Kidd. As interesting as his history is. I think personally there are more better prospects with of other characters less well known to history. Wink

However Captain Kidd weather you believe treasure was hidden by him or not, all would a agree there is no pirate more who has aroused the passions of opinions than Kidd. Shocked

He has continued to stir the imaginations of people to this day. Many have made claims about him and never provided enough evidence to support their claims. When asked questions they can't answer they get upset.

Such is the passion this treasure legend induces.

You can even see by these two newspaper articles claiming Kidds treasure was found in 1952. You will notice steel boxes. Wink The second article rightly points out Japans opportune time to made an alleged discovery of treasure after getting out of paying millions of dollars in war claims against them. Wink

Exploiting of the story in one form or another has become the norm with countless books with unfounded claims all getting in on the gravy train. Yama Syndrome is well and truly establish itself into the Kidd Legend.

I like to think poor old Kidd is some where out there some where having the last laugh.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg158041.html#msg158041

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

kidds treasure near japan sydney morning herald mon june 23 1952.jpg
kidds treasure sydney morning herald wed 25 june 1952.jpg

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:54:07 pm by hardluck »
Offline tony69
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2011, 12:13:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

if you only knew lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg158154.html#msg158154

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2011, 12:28:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tony69
if you only knew lol

Thats what I mean smart mouth but nothing to back it up. Tony if you have nothing to add please keep your commits to your sels

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg158161.html#msg158161

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline tony69
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2011, 01:11:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

how are you good people doing  i wonder looking for kidd treasure [WELL] seeing as the experts and idiots cant help you then i will here are three clues that will help you on your way on the key chart  the lat reads 31 30 now a circle has 360 degrees and we all knowwhat a degree is but an angle can all so be given another way that is the sine of an angle and the sine for 31 is 515 and the sine for 30 is 50 it is the same as the other chart. not bad for a sad old man, that's one clue which the experts cant argue with maths[ so thay are fake he he] you good people would not know but the key chart Had a date on it which was 1666, now as pointed out these dates are wrong so i looked in to them and found well kidds father was a preacher and kidd would have known the bible backwards as Mr knight pointed out the chart was packed in its hidding place with a bible,look at the 16 book of the bible and there is only one verse 66 and that reads well look [he he ]i must point out that you will need an old bible and you will find that the  first chapter  is called the kings commission the second register of exiles if you have a modern bible it will not say the king commission or register of exiles seeing as the experts and idiots don't know how to find a good copy of the charts or how big to make it and  cant argue with what is written you can see why i laugh at them ,don't you try to match them leave that to me just learn and make your own mind up, all this will help you on your questand the  3rd these instruction are not to find treasure but to build a chart to find the treasure [so don't guess like all the rest have done  good luck you good people ,it will not find any treasure but will help you
{alt} Insulting members after being warned several times

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13803.msg165584.html#msg165584
http://thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Jump to: